• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Lock / Security System Problem

mazdaspeed

Question

Hi Guy,

Could some one help me out please?

My friend has a Mazda 3, and of recent he’s been having an issue with the central locking component. Issue been that it locks and unlocks automatically with out the user activating any commands.

He’s given it to C.Mart - well load of help that was as they are baffled more than what my friend was- starting off they didn’t know where there electric switch board/computer component was located which ended up by removing almost all the upholstery and panels…

Has any one else come across this issue ? Mind you this issue started with the time the raining started to pour down like a water fall

Any 1 out there who can recommend a guy who can get this issue fixed

Cheers

8 answers to this question

Well seems to be some kinda, Short circuit, best solution would be to take it down to Darley road…or Down to the electric shop near the Dehiwela ZOO.. if you require the details pls. mail me..

Hi terabite,

Thx bro I tried to mail you through the A/L side but I get an error.... is this place near the zoo by the road near the school ? If that's the place I think I know it .....

My friend has a Mazda 3, and of recent he’s been having an issue with the central locking component. Issue been that it locks and unlocks automatically with out the user activating any commands.

if ur friend left a window cracked open or ran the AC when the relative humidity was high, then there might be some condensation on the under side of the central-lock panel on the Dr-side door. take the panel apart, dry it with a hair dryer and apply some contact-grease if he can find some.

If its not that then next option if the Relay. There has to me water energizing the relay-coil. This is common if the Relay is mounted upside down. hope this helps

Edited by dhp

if ur friend left a window cracked open or ran the AC when the relative humidity was high, then there might be some condensation on the under side of the central-lock panel on the Dr-side door. take the panel apart, dry it with a hair dryer and apply some contact-grease if he can find some.

If its not that then next option if the Relay. There has to me water energizing the relay-coil. This is common if the Relay is mounted upside down. hope this helps

True this is possible

Hi terabite,

Thx bro I tried to mail you through the A/L side but I get an error.... is this place near the zoo by the road near the school ? If that's the place I think I know it .....

Yep thats the place

Many Thanks Fusso, DHP & Terabite

This happens even it's not raining and he was able to get a few places to check it.

Like U said DHP the relay was identified as the culprit - So he was looking at getting it replaced but since it has a lot of electronics involved one of the guys who checked it out has said to put a new relay/circuit board ..... now on the hunt for the board.

Have ask him what the progress was after that.

Once again - Thanks guys

This happens even it's not raining and he was able to get a few places to check it.

Like U said DHP the relay was identified as the culprit - So he was looking at getting it replaced but since it has a lot of electronics involved one of the guys who checked it out has said to put a new relay/circuit board ..... now on the hunt for the board.

Once again - Thanks guys

Here is the wiring diagram of Mazda 3 keyless entry system if it is of any help to you.

KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM WIRING DIAGRAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B3E090369000W01

IPB Image

1 Trunk compartment light

2 Trunk lid latch switch

3 Front door latch switch (LH)

4 Front door latch switch (RH)

5 Rear door latch switch (LH)

6 Rear door latch switch (RH)

7 Cargo compartment light

8 Door lock-link switch

9 Front door key cylinder switch

10 Trunk lid key cylinder switch

11 Liftgate latch switch

12 Instrument cluster

13 Microcomputer

14 Door lock relay

15 With double lock function

16 Double lock relay

17 Door unlock relay

18 Trunk lid unlock relay

19 Keyless control module

20 Front door lock actuator (driver's side)

21 Front door lock actuator (passenger's side)

22 Rear door lock actuator (LH)

23 Rear door lock actuator (RH)

24 Liftgate lock actuator

25 Trunk lid unlock actuator

26 Front turn light (LH)

27 Side turn light (LH)

28 Front turn light (RH)

29 Side turn light (RH)

30 Rear turn light (LH)

31 Rear turn light (RH)

Once again - Thanks guys

You are most Welcome B)