• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Eg8

Nim

yh datz what i have heard too... aanyway i also feel the back stepping out a bit but there is enough grip to correct it...

Hi Guys... I am not trying to be smart ass but simply asking as I am a bit confused. The back stepping out mid corner usually happens in RWD drive cars, and the honda's in question are all FWD. So unless its lift off oversteer how do you get the back to step out mid corner? Isn't the natural bias of FWD cars to under steer?

Cheers.

Hi Guys... I am not trying to be smart ass but simply asking as I am a bit confused. The back stepping out mid corner usually happens in RWD drive cars, and the honda's in question are all FWD. So unless its lift off oversteer how do you get the back to step out mid corner? Isn't the natural bias of FWD cars to under steer?

Cheers.

In the case of the two cars I mentioned, Changs car had wasted rear tires, so the front end gripped when turning in, and gripped when coming out of the corner, but the back lost grip con continued to slide out. Max's car, standard street tires, normal Exi suspension, 150+kmph, and it started to go wobbly, tho I wasn't pushing real hard coz I didn't know the car and we prefer doing this sorta thing by degrees. No spoilers on both car, and as much as we think spoilers are rice, some downforce on the rear end really would have helped in this instance at these kinds of speeds. Same road, same corner, and thats not a very sharp bend, must be no more than 20-30 degrees.

IPB Image

Not much of a bend when u look at from space eh? :D I marked it out in case u missed it. Well, it can be damn scary at speed.

Isuru is gonna have to answer how he get his one to do that himself. I'm waiting for that too :)

Edited by Pericles

In the case of the two cars I mentioned, Changs car had wasted rear tires, so the front end gripped when turning in, and gripped when coming out of the corner, but the back lost grip con continued to slide out. Max's car, standard street tires, normal Exi suspension, 150+kmph, and it started to go wobbly, tho I wasn't pushing real hard coz I didn't know the car and we prefer doing this sorta thing by degrees. No spoilers on both car, and as much as we think spoilers are rice, some downforce on the rear end really would have helped in this instance at these kinds of speeds. Same road, same corner, and thats not a very sharp bend, must be no more than 20-30 degrees.

IPB Image

Not much of a bend when u look at from space eh? :D I marked it out in case u missed it. Well, it can be damn scary at speed.

Isuru is gonna have to answer how he get his one to do that himself. I'm waiting for that too :)

Thanks Peri, that explains it... and yes the bend doesn't look that sharp from space but its obviously all relative to speed and the road condition.

About lift off oversteer.. has anyone got experience in actually performing a lift-off oversteer. We tried it in my friends integra (in a huge empty carpark in Aus) but did not manage to make it do anything close to the oversteer you get when you put the power down mid corner in even a standard RWD car. Is there any secret to it, except going hard in to corner and suddenly lifting off mid corner? I suppose you could go with big fat front tires and bald tiny rear tires to simulate it. But what is the point in that! And BTW this was NOT an Integra Type R, so we could not get above 70-80 range even though the car park was pretty huge (its a carpark after all) so we might not have been carrying enough speed, or the drivers may be incompetent :) (No racing experience for either of us)

Ofcourse not oversteering is not a bad thing, but its fun if you could get it to do it at least a bit.

Edited by bart simpson