• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Eg8

Nim

hi everyone

I've got a 1991 honda EG8 twin carb (stock). the problem is, it has got too much of body roll

when going around coners at high speeds. Is this a problem or is this normal for this car.

Any comments.............

are you runing on 13"?

ya machan i am running 13'' stock wheels not alloys. shocks are bit old but 3 of them are genuine honda ones. i had to replace rear right shock and i replaced it with Tokico shock which i bought from tech motors for about 6500.

The thing is when taking a corner(not a very hard one) above 60or 70 it feels like i am in a boat.

Define what you mean by 'body role' and how quick you take corners. If its a standard suspension normally you feel the car 'stepping out' a bit when you got a weak shocks/springs.

shocks are bit old but 3 of them are genuine honda ones. i had to replace rear right shock and i replaced it with Tokico shock which i bought from tech motors for about 6500.

The thing is when taking a corner(not a very hard one) above 60or 70 it feels like i am in a boat.

ya machan i am running 13'' stock wheels not alloys. shocks are bit old but 3 of them are genuine honda ones. i had to replace rear right shock and i replaced it with Tokico shock which i bought from tech motors for about 6500.

shocks are bit old but 3 of them are genuine honda ones. i had to replace rear right shock and i replaced it with Tokico shock which i bought from tech motors for about 6500.

so u think, this came after you changed your shocks?

And also taking a corner at 60s, 70s? Why not go to your friendly next door tyre dealer and ask him for a set of 14" or 15" tyre set and do a test run. We did this kind of a test run for a lancer (non moded) and after the test run he changed the set to a 14" from 13" becuase he was happy with it.

lol Ahh I think you answered your question.. mismatched shocks, old ones at that, small wheels, no alloys.. year it should feel like a ship not a boat. Anyway like Peri said -what do you expect!

pila, u got a vi-rs right? how does it feel when you corner at 70s?

Oh Yeah nw i got it :D

No no, I wasn't hinting at that. Chang tells me that one had the full bells and whisles suspension setup. Tein I belive. I'm talking of the stock set up. Even Madmax's SiR sedan would step out and roll.

No no, I wasn't hinting at that. Chang tells me that one had the full bells and whisles suspension setup. Tein I belive. I'm talking of the stock set up. Even Madmax's SiR sedan would step out and roll.

Changs car had Integra Type R Suspention & Tein Springs bt once Nige told me the same story abt handling

pila, u got a vi-rs right? how does it feel when you corner at 70s?

I'm not too sure about cornering in speeds but taking the bends really hard on say somewhere like Fife road or the SLTA section bend at the end of GP- the back does step out a bit but I've got a bit used to correcting it and you feel the car gripping unlike in say our family Primera. But then again I'm running stiff shocks, new suspension & fresh tires.

Edited by Pilawoos

Nope i had just Teins springs. Its a major fault i didn't go for stiffer shocks it's a must for these sort of conversions. The 4 door civics tend to have a lot of body role when using stock suspesion. The Vi-Rs have a stiffer suspesion than normal EG8's or EK3's thus the better handling. Vi-Rs also have lover strut bars for better handling.

Nope i had just Teins springs. Its a major fault i didn't go for stiffer shocks it's a must for these sort of conversions. The 4 door civics tend to have a lot of body role when using stock suspesion. The Vi-Rs have a stiffer suspesion than normal EG8's or EK3's thus the better handling. Vi-Rs also have lover strut bars for better handling.

Machan did u had Integra Shocks or Eg8 standard Shocks ?

Your prob could be attributed to the suspension man... having a similiar prob myself but mine aint no Honda.. rims, tyres and suspensions play a big part in cornering.. usually low profile tyres of good width and stiff suspension gives you a much better chance of taking a corner without understeer..

Zz

lol Ahh I think you answered your question.. mismatched shocks, old ones at that, small wheels, no alloys.. year it should feel like a ship not a boat. Anyway like Peri said -what do you expect!

yup... shocks are very important when it comes to handling... dont ever replace a shock on one side.. either you replace both or all four...

yup... shocks are very important when it comes to handling... dont ever replace a shock on one side.. either you replace both or all four...

yh datz what i have heard too... aanyway i also feel the back stepping out a bit but there is enough grip to correct it...