• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sound Ideas

Ripper

Gunat Bro

called gil buggers

Pioneer head unit 30k this is the 6950...what pila has

DLS component speakers 4650

DLS 6x9 speakers 12950

installation free and the grand total is 47600/=

Within Budget :)

trying to get to advan*e but no ones picking up so far :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gunat Bro

called gil buggers

Pioneer head unit 30k this is the 6950...what pila has

DLS component speakers 4650

DLS 6x9 speakers 12950

installation free and the grand total is 47600/=

Within Budget :)

trying to get to advan*e but no ones picking up so far :lol:

he he...got through to advance...

they were the best sales fellas over the phone cos the girl who spoke at gil just didn't gave two hoots about the call :lol:

advan*e said over the phone rates for the same head unit to be 29750... they said they will give the best rates and one year warantee too....

Pila... i'm leaning more towards these guys machang... If they did a good job on your ride....chances are...they won't screw up mine :)

the hitch is that mine's just a humble ae100 so can't really expect the V*P treatment :lol:

Get hold of Damitha and tell him ur an AutoLanka member :D I dunno if it'll get you V*P, but at least better than normal would be something :D

Hey thanks Pericles :)

every little bit helps...they wanted me to come in early to avoid getting caught there for long hours on a day off that can be better spent over a few adult beverages :lol:

You can't go wrong either way- both vendors are good. Yeah, the girl who answers the phone at GilCo isn't the most enthusiastic- but nothing a visit to the showrooms can't remedy.

What kind of speakers will you install if you go to Ad*ance?

I'll have about another 15k or so bust on speakers... Adv fellas were out for lunch or something and they couldn't give me rate for speakers but insisted they have the best rates :)

Judging by the prices of DLS range...I'm assuming that i can get something decent within 15k...maybe a tad bit more even if it's necessary....

After hearing rave reviews on Infinity and JBL... thought of going for these if budget permits...

need both 6x9 and component speakers...

You have any suggestions to work within my budget? Advan*e guys were not too sure about infinity speakers being in stock too :unsure:

just remembered that the car doesn't have an antenna.... pretty weird cos almost all similar cars got one.

Just my luck :( gotta get that too sorted since it'll such a shame to have a spanking new stereo and no radio reception when you need them :)

just remembered that the car doesn't have an antenna.... pretty weird cos almost all similar cars got one.

Just my luck :( gotta get that too sorted since it'll such a shame to have a spanking new stereo and no radio reception when you need them :)

Thats a bit strange, did your car not come with a factory fitted radio of any sort ?

Thats a bit strange, did your car not come with a factory fitted radio of any sort ?

he he... i'm all strange bro :lol: actually the car does have factory fitted radio and some ancient ancient door speakers... The first time i saw them i just couldn't believe that they were still working :lol: must keep them as a souvenir when i take them off :)

Mine is an AE100 sprinter SE... most of the other cars i've seen under the same model have those not-so-cool-looking antennae things near the front windshield....

My one just wanna gimme added hassle and there's nothing there :action-smiley-060:

Hey thanks Pericles :)

every little bit helps...they wanted me to come in early to avoid getting caught there for long hours on a day off that can be better spent over a few adult beverages :lol:

Let me know when ur going coz I need to talk to him too. Too lazy to go alone.

Hey Pila

thanks for taking the time mate. appreciate it :)

Gian is also out of town so i'm going blind on this one :(

You reckon Adva*ce is good then eh... people had mixed reviews and no one seemed to like them...especially on the hardware front...

changed my mind on gilb*rt if they are way pricey...

If can bug you further...if you were working with my budget 50k... minus the sub and amps cos those can some later... what sorta setup will you go for...

already have 6x9 spaces cut in my rear panelling so was thinking of those and front door speakers only with the head unit for the moment...

thanks man :)

I think my reply is a bit too late lol- all I hope is you spent on a good head unit as thats the starting point to a good ICE build.. 6X9's - JBL 400's/350's me thinks is good value

pills i think its high time for you to post some pics of your ride and the sound system. i'm sure everyone will love to see them.

Dude you know me... I like keeping a low profile :P There's still some work in progress on the ride which I hope to finish this week & I'll take some pics of it, after a good wax and I'll put them up on FB or I'll mail 'em to u.At the sametime must get together with the goon squad for a photo shoot- watcha say Peri?

xXx machan I have some really nice pro shots of the Pil Civic's taken by a good buddy- want 'em?

You might have found out by now that the Sprinter does infact have an internal antenna mouted on to the glass, sort of invisible- at least the Ae100 we had a fews years back had it

OK guys... and Saturday it was!!!! was way too early there too :)

Adva*ce wasn't even open so had to wait a lil while until things got started

Thanks Peri for the tip and the whole AL thing just worked wonders ... I think :lol:

Bought the head unit Pila recommended... Pioneer 6950... Got a good deal from their marked price :)

The thing has direct ipod control with with an aux input also among so many other things... Gotta buy the ipod cable later but got the aux installed so my creative Zen mp3 player is hooked up and running :)

Wanted to go for infinity fronts but the Damitha said it's better to bust moolah on a good 6x9 set... so thought of JBL's...

to my surprise this guy said to go with Alpine type R series with cast metal speaker housing... can't remember the model but it had a huge a$$ magnet and weighed in little over 2 kilos each... Came with 2 crossovers too :)

Front speakers thought of Blaupunkts since i was short on the bucks but damitha said he had this great set of used speakers from one of his show cars... the brand is of course the Chinese, Clarion SRR1646 and topped up with 2 tweeters mounted separately...

And yes Pila you're absolutely correct :) The sprinter's rear heating element's top part is a powered antenna... damn the bloody japs are clever :lol:

But i'm not getting good reception on certain fm stations... Might have to go for a proper antenna or have the antenna thing checked again....

All in all... I think i got a bloody good deal... the guys at adva*ce were pretty good... did a good job on the installation front... good range of hardware to select from... and the best thing is the owner bugger has an electronics degree and seems to be knowing his stuff

The 6x9's are delivering an acceptable level of good bass in absence of a sub... something i'm planning to fix as soon as the money front improves

The only hitch is that i need to pump up the volume to get a good fill effect in the car but then the levels are too high fo safe driving :lol: can't hear a damn thing from outside... Maybe i need to play with the audio settings a bit more to fine tune for my preferences...

Thanks again guys for all the help...really REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks you guys now there's one ae100 out there with less road rage effect on others... now i'm more chilled out and enjoy my time behind the wheel...

Thanks MADZ for starting up AL and keeping the kinda guys we have here with loads of good advice for all those who need them the most...

AL rocks :alc:

Ripper would you mind disclosing how much it all came to in the end?

Errr... not sure if it's right by damitha for me to post the numbers in an open forum machang :unsure: But i can tell you that the head unit price was the best amongst the stereo joints we discussed... And having the boss himself making sure things are good was defa a plus for me :)

Is Audiobahn a good brand for sub woofers?

next move is to go for a sub....maybe single or dual 12" subs....

don't need to rock the cars next to me with heavy bass but need a good ooomph thump inside :)

the alpine 6x9's are delivering acceptable level of bass but not the sensation a dedicated sub would do by shaking you internal organs :P

• 3 years later...

This has nothing to do with car steroes, but home HiFis!.Since I did not want to start a new thread as well.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a working condition Turntable and a power amp?

Looking at expanding my fledgling HiFi system which consists of a Harmon/Kardon AV10 Amp that I got from Crown, same make CD palyer I got from one of them junk shops in 'Little Italy'. :) and a brand new pair of Bose 301s. For the amount of buck I put down, it sure does have a lot of bang.

But now want to fix a turntable as that will complete my life... for the moment.

Any help/directions appreciated.