• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Racing Inspired Watches

Lalithster

Hey guys

Just got a new watch in my collection, but I was wondering if anyone else on this forum is into wrist watches? I just started buying watches and like the racing theme so I have a small collection now.

I started off with the structure chronograph, Then I got the Citizen watch with eco-drive. The citizen has a carbonfiber face.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is the Seiko Sportura. This watch was inspired by the HONDA BAR formula 1 race team and has the team colors.

IPB Image

This is my latest one its a Tag Heuer Carrera Chronograph. This was inspired by the Carrera Pan-American Race and is worn by several drivers. Fernando Alonso and Eric Bana are the offical ambasadors for the Tag Carrera. Tag has been the offical time keeper for the Formual 1 team for along time.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This is my current collection

IPB Image

yes lalith.....i am...i also had 2 citizen eco-drives...now 1.....da one i have now is a chronograph eco-drive wit a white carbon fibre face....n' electric blue watch arms....

wish i could afford 2 start a collection...nt at da mo tho.....

yup another wrist instrument fan here :)

well the interest isn't limited to race bred time pieces but to others as well , favourite being the Omega Speedmaster X33

in terms of automotive reltated designs,i'd say the Breitling Bentley 6.75

IPB Image

is quite high up the list along with the Omega Speedmaster Racing Chronometer

IPB Image

-but owning those is for the very very distant future! :D

There is one other unique and very rare watch that any car/race buff will kill for and which is probably the most desirable of all given its rareity with only 2004 units ever produced -

The Tag Huerer Ayrton Senna Link Limited Edition 2004

IPB Image

Edited by Devinda_Z

Can get a discount for Tissot Nascar or MotoGP collection for AL if someone interested, or for Omega Speedmasters

seriously?

i've been thinking for a while now on whether or not to get a Tissot PRS 516 Automatic Chronograph

IPB Image

is that available here machan?&if so what kinda price should i be looking at? :huh:

seriously?

i've been thinking for a while now on whether or not to get a Tissot PRS 516 Automatic Chronograph

IPB Image

is that available here machan?&if so what kinda price should i be looking at? :huh:

Not available here machan... but always u can order a one. Around 140,000. Can get u a discount on that.

Mind u.... that's 1300l of 95oct for the Z... :unsure:

Mind u.... that's 1300l of 95oct for the Z... :unsure:

well my buying anything is dependant largely on the sale of the "Z" :D

hmmm for a Tissot thats a bit on the high side né,but then again it is an Automatic afterall...

- if thats the case,might as well put in a bit more & get a Omega Speedmaster X 33 - was drooling all over it@the CC showroom last friday... :)

yes lalith.....i am...i also had 2 citizen eco-drives...now 1.....da one i have now is a chronograph eco-drive wit a white carbon fibre face....n' electric blue watch arms....

wish i could afford 2 start a collection...nt at da mo tho.....

Hey I would love to see what white carbon fiber looks like can you post a pic. That one is hard to find.

A great collection you have Lalithster! What's the average price of a Tag Carrera now?

My Tag Carrera is the Racing version of the Carreras and was $2700 almost Rs300,000. You can buy it cheaper on ebay but Tag specfically says that their watch cannot be bought thorugh an online dealer and that they will not honor the international warrenty or repair it. I have checked around and the ones they sell on ebay are alot cheaper but they scratch off the serial number so TAG can not trace the watch to them. This of course is to avoid leagle action by TaG. See Tag is a high-end watch maker and they demand a certain price for their watch. A lower price would bring down the status of their watches.

The Monaco is also a great watch and This year TAG will release along with my watch, a steve macqueen version like the one bellow but in blue and orange stripse for the paint pattern of the Lemans winning Prosches.

Edited by Lalithster

For me there's nothing but the Tag Monaco Steve Macqueen! Here they are and the coolest dude himself!

ah the Monaco is a great series,but personally not a fan of the square dial :mellow:

great persoality - great watch

also check out the belt driven monaco V4 - unique movement - was a concept a while back , not all too sure if they put it into production

did anyone else notice a single "Monaco 69" in the CJS store window? :blink: someone said it was priced around Rs.500,000 - has been sold long since (December if i remeber right :unsure: )

but the in terms of Carrera's IMO the most innovative of them all would have to be the Automatic Chronograph 1969 Heuer Carrera

a revolution of sorts as being the 1st automatic made for sport with the tach n chrono

IPB Image

said to have been worn&promoted by the Ferrari F1 team of that era...

Yo Dev..Whats the favourite of your collection...a picture please...How about rest of you guys as well...please post your favourite one outa collection!

The 69 is a great watch and I love how it flips over from analog to digital, but Im also not a fan of square watches. I think my next watch is going to be a ROLEX Daytona, since Im from Daytona...lol.

I really like Tag cause alot of their watches are racing inspired like SLR for MBenz and The Mclaren F6000 for the McLaren F1

However My favorite watch is the Maserati Millenary Chronograph by Audemars Piguet. The Watch is fashioned after the Maserati car, however at $227,000 it cost more than the car it self

http://watchismo.blogspot.com/2006/10/aude...tourbillon.html

Edited by Lalithster

The 69 is a great watch and I love how it flips over from analog to digital, but Im also not a fan of square watches. I think my next watch is going to be a ROLEX Daytona, since Im from Daytona...lol.

I really like Tag cause alot of their watches are racing inspired like SLR for MBenz and The Mclaren F6000 for the McLaren F1

However My favorite watch is the Maserati Millenary Chronograph by Audemars Piguet. The Watch is fashioned after the Maserati car

your spot on - Tag's whole range is associated with motoring - be it the Carrera,Link,Kirum,Formula or Monaco

Parmigiani Fleurier Bugatti 370 Type

The mechnism on this match is truly one of a kind and has automotive underpinings

for someone with around $300,000 to spend this is the ultimate time piece

note the construction - its made so that the time can be read whilst having ones hands on the steering wheel!! :o

truly made for motoring! :)

IPB Image

http://www.thewatchquote.com/Parmigiani-Fl...tti-No_3117.htm

Yo Dev..Whats the favourite of your collection...a picture please...How about rest of you guys as well...please post your favourite one outa collection!

sorry to disappoint bro but i don't have a collection at all :(

all the watches i posted thus far are those which i aspire to own,someday :mellow:

you know this watch is perfect for you MiniAce - ;)

Omega Speedmaster X 33

IPB Image

can be had with a Titanium Strap too

but don't let the rubber look fool ya - that strap in the picture is KEVLAR! :o

its definitly and by far the most functional & feature laden Proffessional watch on the market!

Edited by Devinda_Z

Hey I would love to see what white carbon fiber looks like can you post a pic. That one is hard to find.

here u go..(just a google image tho....cant get a clear pic wit ma ancient phone :( ...)...this is ma one n' only after ma other eco got stolen....

IPB Image

just found out it's called 'CITIZEN SAN REMO ECO DRIVE'.....model is AT0000-55A

Edited by speeddemon200

sorry to disappoint bro but i don't have a collection at all :(

you know this watch is perfect for you MiniAce - ;)

Thanks Dev! I dont have any race inspired ones but got a Citizen WingmanIII (that helps me with my work a lot) and a Breitling Longitude Navitimer

Edited by miniace

just noticed this thread

The only watch that I REALLY want to own....

IPB Image

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona... standard steel, white face... the ULTIMATE motoring inspired watch... retail price $10,315 last time i checked :o sadly, gonna have to win the lottery :(

the only really nice watch i've got

IPB Image

I thought I’m the only nut case in this madness but I’m not…so happy to see you guys in to wristwatch madness.. lalith you have a good collection bro… I like your tag… I hope you like my list ….

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

I thought I'm the only nut case in this madness but I'm not…so happy to see you guys in to wristwatch madness.. lalith you have a good collection bro… I like your tag… I hope you like my list ….

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

wow DG...awesome dude....very impressive collection....

@S_N dat black omega is killer.....dude luks so cool....