• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Weird Atv's In Sri Lanka

Devinda_Z

Hagglunds were mainly used in snowy conditions as military applications - but i was stunned good n proper by a video i stumbled upon on yotube about these very same odd looking All Terrain Vehicles in use over here in sunny Sri Lanka!!!! :o

these vehciles are powered by Mercedes Benz Turbo Diesel units and run on rubber tracks!

awesome machines and quite frankly look unstoppable

pretty rare footage of one of these in the troppics and even showcases its amphibious qualities!!!! :o

yeah thats the schocking bit - cuz although it was here for relief work the footage shows it has been on the road per se - so its odd how no one noticed it! :huh:

HUmmers and other US military hardware was in abundance but this was truly a shocker

yeah thats the schocking bit - cuz although it was here for relief work the footage shows it has been on the road per se - so its odd how no one noticed it! :huh:

Do they run on steel chain on our roads as well? It looks like in the footage.

HUmmers and other US military hardware was in abundance but this was truly a shocker

Getting to know about this after 2 years is really surprising!!! None of these were captured in tsunami relief videos shown on tv.

yeah given all the coverage how no one ever even made mention of these is shocking! :o

its deffa authentic cuz in the very first frame they fill up the machines from the Petrol station adjoining Trans Asia Hotel

@Ash : Rubber trakcs i think - so no harm done to the tarmac (....steel would have been "interesting" to see...i'm guessing the aftermath if that were the case would be no worse than Duplication Rd now! :D )

@Dev

machan did u see a grey mazda3 near mc bambalapitiya creeping thru traffic?

i saw a 300zx didnt know whether its u o not

oh so that was you!!! :)

i had a felling it might be cuz i saw you looking from the side mirror - ado u not just cutting though traffic - u cut me off!!!! <_<

...hmmm for a guy who 2 weeks ago was afraid of scraping the front end and judging the lenght of it , you seemed to have really got a knack of handling that car!! :P

next time slow down and wave instead of trying to run me off onto the island! :D

wow we need one for the army

yeah it kinda makes ya wonder why we dont have any né?

cuz given its load carrying all terrain and even part amphibian capabilities it would seem to be quite a versatile piece of kit :)

but cost wise its a tad on the high side -

Brand new prices are said to be anywhere from Rs.20 - 25 Million - but used Hagglunds go for about 4~5 Million apparently.. :mellow: