• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Modify Car In The Cheapest Way?

phillipino

Question

13 answers to this question

hey i got a corolla 2 n i wanna modify it but tight wit cash so could any one advice me on how to modify my ride in the cheapest way : :rolleyes:

Hi phillipino and welcome to the AutoLanka Forums! :)

I too have a similiar spec of the car you have and have been evaluating options too.. it depends on what your perception of modifying is? whether it is performance or cosmetic..

there is a limit when it comes to performance as the corolla engines and mostly refined for economy and reliability thus you cannot gain the performance you would expect.. nevertheless there are options which you could pursue to gain a smoother and faster ride..

I would suggest that you first get your engine tuned up and spark plugs checked, afterwards drop in a cone air filter and later on follow through the basics such as exhaust manifold modification and the entire exhaust system, you could afterwards move onto improving your brake system as well as suspension..

improving handling and cornering is possible by a set of decent alloys with lower profile, though your comfort would be affected to a small degree, the suspension could be adjusted accordingly so as to reduce the comfort loss..

do let us know of what your plans are and there are great minds in this forum who could help you out further..

Zz

hey i got a corolla 2 n i wanna modify it but tight wit cash so could any one advice me on how to modify my ride in the cheapest way : :rolleyes:

welcome machang!

Is it the Corrolla II hatch back?

first of all welcome to the AutoLanka :D .…. think what do you want first and research what type of body kit you need, and don’t hang ugly body kits to the car machan…… keep it stock, that’s the style in here now……

first of all welcome to the AutoLanka :D .…. think what do you want first and research what type of body kit you need, and don’t hang ugly body kits to the car machan…… keep it stock, that’s the style in here now……

thats right. Keep stock as possible. But dollon we still dont know if he wants cosmetic or engine mods

We did an upgrade to Original Crystal Head Lights (7500 each). Makes a big diff.

The buffer with the integrated sports grille should be available in Delkanda.

Alloys and bigger tyres will help (keep note of the changes in fuel consumption and ride comfort.)

better keep stock as possible, bt if u wanna modify then put decent A/W 14'' or 15'', Beat barral, spoiler, side skertin, n a decent bumper lip, bt macho dont put stickers, it givs cheap luk lyk SL long distence buses LOL

thats right. Keep stock as possible. But dollon we still dont know if he wants cosmetic or engine mods

When it comes to performance there aren't any cheap ways. Going the cheap way for performance will ruin watever performance u already have. Well exterior and interior modifications just try finding a cheap mechanic who's good with fiber and painting. One of my favourite quotes "Good stuff no cheap. Cheap stuff no good"

When it comes to performance there aren't any cheap ways. Going the cheap way for performance will ruin watever performance u already have. Well exterior and interior modifications just try finding a cheap mechanic who's good with fiber and painting. One of my favourite quotes "Good stuff no cheap. Cheap stuff no good"

i agree with you but there are some instance where we can do things on our own like custom CAI. Which costs 1/2 the price of buying a complete set

Cheap way of going fast?? hmm a stick of we*d?? :)

Seriously I really like the corrolla II. Damn fun car to drive. Just consider a basic tune-up with new plugs & clean injectors.. remove the center exhaust barrel and dump in a straight though one. I'd leave the rear barrel as it is if its in good condition- since the car is short and ra acing tail will be way too loud . Oh I'd first do the breaks/shocks/CV's & general suspension before doing any thing as these are very weak on the CII and Tercel's