• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Why No Drags Or Pictures??

miniace

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its two years completed tomorrow since the last update of Drag spot pictures :o Two year blackout is too much..isnt it?

IPB Image

No drags...or may be no pictures...so sad..what can we do about it? :unsure:

It still amazes me as to how once upon a time the whole of green path was packed to the brim on either sides with spectators racers and er wanna be's. It used to take longer for the cops to turn up then huh? Lots of guests appearances as well from some passes by!!

Why doesn't anyone organise an event' say - the katu Straight, at Night, fog lights, Spectators on either side. But to make it all interesting it should have a v.good turn up of cars. (Evos, Subaru's, skylines , the z's Honda’s and also some lux sedans (Just for fun) not just the riced up ones. Prize money. Maybe sponsors. A bit like speed 2000!

Most ppl think Drags are dead bt no still lods of drags happening bt only few ppl know these places, bt most locations are not ideal drag spots 200m etc

Anyway i dnt think official drags gona happend and another thing in early days ever saturaday night lods of ppl come to drags and enjoy bt some rice boys came to drags and they destroyed it , Racing at open roads and some stupid bikers did the same

so sad guys.............

guys! we should start again

i prefer 2 hav on sat nite aft 1 am

Ideal Places :- Marine drive (From hotel Westen to That huge building)

Green path

Parliment Rd

Baseline Rd

so sad guys.............

guys! we should start again

i prefer 2 hav on sat nite aft 1 am

Green path

Parliment Rd

Baseline Rd

Marine Drive - Cops would f88k ya up in no time

Baseline Road - Cops would f88k ya up in no time

not sure about green path and parliament road though but my preference lies in the road which gives adequate distance for reason but also a "reason" to stop.. else if it were baseline road (which is straight for a long distance), you would go on and on (increasing speed) and increase the risks too...

for example greenpath offers you a good path for drags and also the roundabout where you DEFINITELY have to slow down...

Zz

green path is by far and large the safest for all and sundry given there are no roads leading to it and that its fairly deserted

(but there are nutters who've not quite braked at the crossing and have wound us swerving all over & straight past the round abt! <_< )

&also GP from crosssing to crossing is abt 1/4 Mile i belive...

Marine drive,besides cop trouble is risky given the lack of proper lighting and the number of side roads

NexGen your spot on about the temptation to keep going on Baseline - the surface is amazing but colour lights and pedestrians make it waay too risky

there's also the stretch past Lake House toward Darly Rd...havent tried it but seemed a nice road - but not 100% straight

Marine Drive - Cops would f88k ya up in no time

Baseline Road - Cops would f88k ya up in no time

not sure about green path and parliament road though but my preference lies in the road which gives adequate distance for reason but also a "reason" to stop.. else if it were baseline road (which is straight for a long distance), you would go on and on (increasing speed) and increase the risks too...

for example greenpath offers you a good path for drags and also the roundabout where you DEFINITELY have to slow down...

Zz

parliament road you wont get copped.. instead you'll get shot.. no questions asked...

but Athurugiriya is the best.. less cops and straight safe road...

Green path

Parliment Rd

Baseline Rd

Machan Marine drive -Cops + Army check points

Green path - Crowded with cops

Parliment Rd- Cops+cops

Baseline Rd- Cops

Malabe- A killing field now+ cops

Ekala strip- Another killing field+patroling cops

New Nuge road- Bit ok but cops are around

Miniace i think Parliment rd- Less cop

bt in marine drive between Hotel westen & the bamba station rd is ok i think

no cops.... no army... so no worries

Parliment Rd- Cops+cops

Baseline Rd- Cops

My opinion is that everyone wants to be saturday night organisers.Where have all the 'ricers' gone?? I used to drive all the way to Colombo from Negombo and I honestly feel sad now.I miss those good old days!

yeah bt the thing is i dnt have a gud cam to take pics at night

Drags happend last saturday n sunday and most of them are private drags

Parliment Rd- Cops+cops

Baseline Rd- Cops

Forget Malabe man. Not for organized mass event drags. For one thing, no place for spectators, two the bend in the middle, three the cop outpost/checkpoint on the Kandy road, AND cop outpost on the other end of the road too (Dunno if thats manned at night tho.). Thats a two ppl get together, do one run and get out of there situ.

Cops have vehicles too, they can get to Marine drive quickly. And thats experience, not "I think". And besides the side roads, the cross winds on Marine drive are a real problem when going fast. Although that problem only exists at certain times of the year.

Forget Malabe man. Not for organized mass event drags. For one thing, no place for spectators, two the bend in the middle, three the cop outpost/checkpoint on the Kandy road, AND cop outpost on the other end of the road too (Dunno if thats manned at night tho.). Thats a two ppl get together, do one run and get out of there situ.

Cops have vehicles too, they can get to Marine drive quickly. And thats experience, not "I think". And besides the side roads, the cross winds on Marine drive are a real problem when going fast. Although that problem only exists at certain times of the year.

as i suggested to S_N on another thread...athurugiriya road from malabe junk is perfect, straight deserted beautiful big road....Draggy, U know da road ne?....maybe we should head there...

as for lakehouse to darley road stretch, too high profile...wont last there for long...

wish we could have somethin like speed2004 again...those pics look sooo cool...for those of us who missed it, may be make it an annual event?

Edited by speeddemon200

Marine drive is always patroled by cops.Especially after the abduction of a leading security firm owner.Your opinion about the parliment road is very wrong macho.

currently i don't think there is any place which is "safe" for drags. all the places tried out, someone calls the cops and it is broken up very quickly.

even the malabe-athurugiriya road was used a few times before but again...cops came there as well...

This Seeduwa streach is a very famous place among race drivers now.A testing place prior to katu races.Good place to determine the top speed and top end performance.Lenghth is 3.3Kms.only disadvantage is the slight downhill at one end.The housing scheme in picture is the Nivasipura-Ekala.

Since the location is aprx 5km from Negombo-Colombo highway,the cop problem is not there.

IPB Image

This Seeduwa streach is a very famous place among race drivers now.A testing place prior to katu races.Good place to determine the top speed and top end performance.Lenghth is 3.3Kms.only disadvantage is the slight downhill at one end.The housing scheme in picture is the Nivasipura-Ekala.

Since the location is aprx 5km from Negombo-Colombo highway,the cop problem is not there.

IPB Image

Miniace, is this the road passing the rukmanidevi statue? But how safe is that?

Its further down ,Seeduwa-Raddolugama road.Between Raddolugama junc and Ekala-Minuwangoda road. a fairly wide road and straight 3.3 km to playaround. :D

is this through the Raddolugama scheme?

or is it the road leading from the St.Jude medical centre junction all the way past the bridge up the hill and towards Kotugoda???

if thats the rd its straight all right - but the surface was a tad gutted..

i remeber flying over that stretch - literally flying - with me cuz@the wheel of the REX :D

is this through the Raddolugama scheme?

or is it the road leading from the St.Jude medical centre junction all the way past the bridge up the hill and towards Kotugoda???

if thats the rd its straight all right - but the surface was a tad gutted..

i remeber flying over that stretch - literally flying - with me cuz@the wheel of the REX :D

Thats the road. but not through the scheme..straight down without turning towards the scheme..Good surface condition.