• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 2007 Season Starts Sunday...

Overdrive

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any F1 experts got answers? I was also thinking the same.Even F1 comentators didn't mention anything.

Juan Manuel Fangio - thought he had a podium finish in his first race? can anyone confirm? There were a few ppl I could've asked a few weekends ago tho :) ..lemme finish the writeup for the Amelia Island Concourse

This is true. Come to think of it it is an amazing acheivement. When is the last time F1 had a debut podium?

Its was Jaques Villeneuve!!!! 1996 behind Damon Hill in an awesome Rothmans Willams-Renualt!! It was at the same venue as todays race!

quite right. Massa was the man for me next to hamilton. Pilla massa came 6th not 5th. Fisci was 5th.

I think this year its going to be between Kimi, massa,alonso and hamilton. The ferrari's are untouchable!!

DC needs retirement. Jb needs to stop coming up with excuses. Good days are over for renault by the looks of it. Last years Honda (now the aguri car) are faster??

Whoops correct on Massa. JB and Rubens were the biggest losers of the race.. Both need stop measuring their performances against each at get on with the races..

Its was Jaques Villeneuve!!!! 1996 behind Damon Hill in an awesome Rothmans Willams-Renualt!! It was at the same venue as todays race!

Whoops correct on Massa. JB and Rubens were the biggest losers of the race.. Both need stop measuring their performances against each at get on with the races..

ur correct it was Jaques Villeneuve.. now I remember it..

Do you know that Kimi is the most recent driver to join the Hat trick results club.(pole position, fastest lap and win)

Alonso,DC are the other two in the current running list to achieve this but only once ever.

Shumy senior the most with 22 times.Then Jim clark 11 times.Rest manged only few times.

• 2 months later...

Absolutely fabulous win for Lewis Hamilton today in Canada. Flawless driving right throughout. With so many safety cars/yellow flag situations, it was mad out there. I think only 13 out of 22 cars completed with 2 cars, massa and someone else got black cards for leaving the pit lane on a red light and had to discontinue the race. and poor kubica had a really bad crash. Luckily he only had a broken leg. I thought the man would be dead. Alonso made so many screw ups from start to finish. Including a 10 sec. stop and go penalty for him. Sato overtook Alonso on the last 3 laps from P7 and was the fastest man in all sectors at the time!! Just when you think u’ve seen everything. Unfortunately Barichello was up on p3 and had to pit in the last 7th lap.

Talking about Lewis, did you know his father had to do two jobs in the Railways to fund Hamilton’s racing career when he was a young karter. Then Hamilton (still in his karting days) approached Ron Dennis at a conference and told him " Some day i want to drive for you" , Dennis after watching some of his kart races offered to fund his racing! and that was the beginning of a amazing career in racing...What a story eh??

Now the rookie is leading the championship 8 points clear of the 2 time world champion. Things are paying off! :appl::appl:

Edited by Overdrive

This is absolutely great!! Lewis winning his first GP just into his sixth race!

I still belive he would've claimed this at Monaco but finally the 22 year old wrote another record!!

Great!!!! My money is on him for this years title.For me its worth staying up late night watching Canada GP..finally I witnessed the moment waited six long races!

MINIACE

A fantastic drive by Lewis.. He reminds me of Ayrton Senna, with a similar yellow helment behind the wheel of a Mclaren..

As for Kimi i think its gonna be a dissapointing season for him, he is probably having trouble fitting in with the new team..

As for Kimi i think its gonna be a dissapointing season for him, he is probably having trouble fitting in with the new team..

kimi's performance is indeed very disappointing BUT remember how careless and rubbish Masa was in the beginning of the last years championship

Talking about Hamilton, it wasn't in a conference that he approached Ron actually it was in an award ceremony where Hamilton won an award for been the pro karting champion for his age category.

How come no one commented on the Williams podeium!!! First one in two years- as was it not sweet for Wurz!!!!! And another strong performance from Nico (damn the penalty) There're looking good for Inde and the rest of the season :angry-smiley-048:

And how about Sato? He really took Fernando to the cleaners..

How come no one commented on the Williams podeium!!! First one in two years- as was it not sweet for Wurz!!!!! And another strong performance from Nico (damn the penalty) There're looking good for Inde and the rest of the season :angry-smiley-048:

Aw diddums, how could we forget williams. Yeah they had the pace didn't they. I agree with KLM. Hamilton is not human. I don't know if you guys noticed this but when LH took his helmet off after the race he looked as if he hadn't broken a sweat, whereas Heidfeld and Wurz were dead beat. Some fitness that guy has, amongst the rest. Indi should be good for ferrari! <_<

That was an outstanding display by Sato in dying stages.Took Alonso from outside and suprised all.And the way he damned Ralf is also great! Some breath is given to Honda.What a GP that was!

I’m not taking any credit off Hamilton but I believe part of his success belong to the car McLaren has put together. Look at Button, I’m not saying Button is better than Hamilton but I’m sure he'll perform better if he was racing for some other team. Same goes to Giancarlo. Renault has not been at its best this season.

Great drive by Hamil who did not put a foot wrong and exploited the opportunity given. But what a crap track. The safety car was the most featured car of the day!

Lots of the cars could not find grip including Alonso's.

But I admire the intelligent move by Williams that got Wurz on the podium. Ferrari just messed up on the pit stop call.

You're right, Kris, it was a great show by Alex Wurz. I'm so glad to see him racing again after years of testing for McLaren and Williams. McLaren valued his testing feedback so much they were pretty damn upset when he decided to move to Williams. They offered him tons of cash etc, but I guess the lure of racing again in the future was too much to resist.

Anybody remember Monaco 1998 when, in the Benetton, he went wheel-to-wheel with Michael from the hairpin all the way to the entrance of the tunnel? Thats some fantastic footage, which I still actually have with me. He had a great career which never took off because of those crap Supertec/Mechachrome engines that Benetton had so its nice to see him back on the podium.

But the real forgotten man of this race had to be The Beard, consistently running second and fully deserving to finish there. He was literally balls-to-the-wall in qualifying, and whitewalled his right side tires beautifully once or twice.

Also, lest anybody think that Super Aguri were utterly incompetent in not being ready for Davidson that one time, grandprix.com reports that he in fact hit a beaver out on the circuit (no doubt killing it) and came in to get the blood cleaned off.

The joker of the race was definitely Alonso, who contrary to popular belief, did not have brake trouble but was in his own words, "trying to keep up". Kimi on the other hand, was nudged by Massa and that ruined his handling for the entire race.

There he goes again blaming he's team for he's misfortune. Remember how he did it last year as well when the battle with MS heated up? Really- he's not making things any easier for him speaking to the media like this. But count on Ron Dennis to put him in he's place. This is what I like about Kimi - never speaks out of context and lets the racing do the talking .

Sorry OverDrive :)

There he goes again blaming he's team for he's misfortune. Remember how he did it last year as well when the battle with MS heated up? Really- he's not making things any easier for him speaking to the media like this. But count on Ron Dennis to put him in he's place. This is what I like about Kimi - never speaks out of context and lets the racing do the talking .

Sorry OverDrive :)

You guys are being a little too harsh on Fernando, JKS !! :D yeah i do agree Alonso is out of order, He cannot say things like that out in the open! Pilla, kimi, let alone never speaking out of context the man never talks to anyone for that matter!!. Lewis won fair and square. He just was the better driver.

As you know my loyalties for fernando followed when he moved teams, hence Mclaren. I don't know what i'm gonna do with my Renault F1 T-shirts and cap. Although i have an addition to my collection now.

btw nice clip tuk tuk!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Overdrive

Thats the thing lol support the Team not the Driver! You should check out the Williams Fan forums from the UK- those Guys are just over the moon after Sunday's result!

Kimi's the ice man dude.. yeah but he's a man of few words unlike say he's fellow countryman Petar Solberg