• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Accident In Seeduwa

Grand Civic

he directly mention the name DRAGS, then hola should edit his post bythe way someone remove some post of hola's any mine, bt why didnt he removed Hoals post that i quoted ? and that started this argument

Malli, internet very slow, having trouble posting. I have explained it above. Now who do u think removes posts other than the mods? ;) I have had to unapprove and edit a few posts, mostly on the no bad language/no flaming rules.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U can be driving slowly and carefully minding ur own business when someone else can come and hit u hard enough to ruin ur day, or even ur life. The way I see it, if ur time is up, then ur time is up. Not that I'm condoning speeding or driving fast or anything, but there are too many variables in like to say don't drag coz a mistake could end it for ya. U could be sleeping at home, and a mosquito could end it for ya.

And everyone, those who tempt fate, better be prepared for the consequences. They say those who dance must pay the piper. Whats the price ur prepared pay for moving fast in metal box on wheels filled with combustible and explosive chemicals?

Yes indeed, well said and very true! :)

Malli, internet very slow, having trouble posting. I have explained it above. Now who do u think removes posts other than the mods? ;) I have had to unapprove and edit a few posts, mostly on the no bad language/no flaming rules.

yeap i saw ur last reply and u have quoted a early post and i mean there are abt 3 mods and admin ne, and nw cool down go to H2O, relax :D maybe couple of glasses will do the tric, im not goin to truble u today so dnt worry

man it seems to be this moderator job is pretty hard ne :blink:

Edited by GihanFX

Dear friends!

Lets not fight over anything here.We all agree that speed could go wrong and sometimes fatal.Thats the fact.May be drag may be not ,speed thrills and consequenses are very painful! I have friends (AL members)who suffered physically and mentally because of a drag went wrong recently.Thats why Hola is so upset I know! Lets not discuss this please.

My heartfelt condolences to the young victims & their families of Seeduwa accident and praying for a speedy recovery to the surviving victim!

U boys are making this moderating gig difficult! Cool down ppl.

Gihan, cant say anything about Hola's comment. There have been no incidents thus far, coz all possible care is taken, but all it takes is a puncture near the end of the run to put a crimp in the proceeding, and that can happen to anyone at anytime. See Hammond on Top Gear.

Hola, that comment is very out of context. And Grand Civic is right. Anyway, these boys weren't dragging, they were just speeding. And its just their bad time man. U can be driving slowly and carefully minding ur own business when someone else can come and hit u hard enough to ruin ur day, or even ur life. The way I see it, if ur time is up, then ur time is up. Not that I'm condoning speeding or driving fast or anything, but there are too many variables in like to say don't drag coz a mistake could end it for ya. U could be sleeping at home, and a mosquito could end it for ya.

And everyone, those who tempt fate, better be prepared for the consequences. They say those who dance must pay the piper. Whats the price ur prepared pay for moving fast in metal box on wheels filled with combustible and explosive chemicals?

Yeah guys. Please keep your cool. I should have put it in a better way, i just mentioned Drags and to be carefull. Thats all.

And Peri is right. We can be extra careful etc but the life is never promising. We might be so loving and careful for our cars but some idiot may come and knock or do the bigger damage. Its just our time. Anyway lets make a note that we all be alert and careful when we drive, at the end of the day we cant lose any one's life...

Dear friends!

Lets not fight over anything here.We all agree that speed could go wrong and sometimes fatal.Thats the fact.May be drag may be not ,speed thrills and consequenses are very painful! I have friends (AL members)who suffered physically and mentally because of a drag went wrong recently.Thats why Hola is so upset I know! Lets not discuss this please.

My heartfelt condolences to the young victims & their families of Seeduwa accident and praying for a speedy recovery to the surviving victim!

Yes mini, i agree on your 1st paragraph. The shock will remain on victims heart forever. Who knows? There could have been a AL member in there too, you never know with the screen names.

Sometimes when law impose certain rules we intend to rebel but sometimes its true. There are some roads which are visibly and practicaly raced upto 100kmph but the warning signs say its 50kmph - all those may have a meaning (not always).

For the last time guys, lets be 100% cautious on our driving and avoid even a small mistake/accident.

Drunk? then get a taxi or stay at your friend's place

Sleepy? get a power nap (10 mins would do)

Vehicle uneasy? hitch a ride, get a taxi.

Simple rules will mean alot! God bless to the families and the victims!

Dear friends!

Yes i am sure that Hola did not mean to be offensive, just that he's very sensitive and concerned about the safety of all his friends (every member of AL). :) as said... however much safe and professional you might be there are unexpected situations that you just cannot help...

My condolences to the 3 victims & their families and praying for recovery to the surviving victim!

Simple rules will mean alot! God bless to the families and the victims!

Datz the spirit man!

Dear friends!

! I have friends (AL members)who suffered physically and mentally because of a drag went wrong recently.Thats why Hola is so upset I know! Lets not discuss this please.

If talking abt our friend who got the white car with white alloys ur wrong that happend to him not because of his drivng style or car fault, its because he use some drift tyres

anyway nw he is ok and we are so happy,

Let me put forward my opnion as someone who recenlty experienced the extreme consequences of speed. It'll just take one near escape to make you change your perception.

Like Mr. Moderator here said there are so many things that can go wrong (Murphy's law ppl) But we will not pay attention to them till we actually encouter such an incident!

Edited by madmax

If talking abt our friend who got the white car with white alloys ur wrong that happend to him not because of his drivng style or car fault, its because he use some drift tyres

If ur talking about what I think ur talking about, that wasn't a drag either.

I am totall agree with GihanFX.

I never heard any bad thing has happened in Drags unless the stupidity shown by few inmatuarted young fellows on the way to drags or on the way back.

I believe the best thing to do right now is give our symapthies for them and be more careful on our selves while driving on roads.

Yes 'Grand Civic & GihanFX are right let's not bring up things here on this tread..... lets all try to all drive safely.... and remember having a fast car is not everything u also need to know how to handle the dam thing ( Not that I’m an expert but..... basic knowledge) and predict things ahead.... (e.g a 3 wheeler in front on the left means the freeking idiot MAY and MOST LIKLY do a U turn when he fancy's with out any warning) After all our country has no road rules - just the occasional police catching speeding and drink driving on the weekend.

Heard the person who survived has sadly passed away too... sympathies to his family tooo

The three gentlemen we lost are Dialog Customer Service Officers;

Dilan Wendel Grero

Sandeep Kaushal Jayasinghe Warapitiya

Antony Oldrin Laiton Fernando

Deeply sorrowful moment for everyone.

Anthony was a good musician. He was expecting to release his own album soon. Too bad he never got the chance to complete it.

Edited by TurboSeavy

yeah man, they were talking about something else..... pretty bad too, thats why hola got so worked up.....

Yes guys, im sorry..

One of my best friends who is my class mate was crippled for life (Dinosh you whom i am talking about)

Another best friend almost lost when his Mazda sports car (Dinosh - was it a RX7?) crashed

And few others which i cant be very pointfull but they all were very close. We dont need to drive fast and stupidly to meet death, sometimes its all about others and its all about our time. So what we can do is drive safe.

hey,

i just saw some pictures of the accident, and it looks pretty darn serious... must have been going pretyt fast to cause that much damage...

Sri Lankan roads areally arent a place where one can expect to go fast and get there safe at the same time.. I'm guessing noone was in the truck, but if someone was, that'd have been sad.. to have met with an accident while sitting in a vehicle that wasnt even moving...

i remember reading somewhere.. "You think accidents only hapen to others. But to everyone except yourself, YOU are the 'others'.."

Edited by Dilesh

I hate to be a wet blanket, but with the kind of accidents we have seen in the past, perhaps the authorities should clamp down on certain things. Like in some countries car ownership for young drivers should be regulated in terms of higher premiums etc etc. I was in NZ when the first WRX came out and it was nearly impossible for an under 25 to maintain one as the insurance premium was so high. Guys the thrills are fine, but look at the 3 mothers who have lost their sons.. All 3 guys worked with my brother at Dialog and all are pretty shaken. Makes you wanna stay at home and drive only on NFS3!! Think about it,

I hate to be a wet blanket, but with the kind of accidents we have seen in the past, perhaps the authorities should clamp down on certain things. Like in some countries car ownership for young drivers should be regulated in terms of higher premiums etc etc. I was in NZ when the first WRX came out and it was nearly impossible for an under 25 to maintain one as the insurance premium was so high. Guys the thrills are fine, but look at the 3 mothers who have lost their sons.. All 3 guys worked with my brother at Dialog and all are pretty shaken. Makes you wanna stay at home and drive only on NFS3!! Think about it,

hmm the point you make about the insurence is a good one - although our mighty insurence co's yell about repair services and on the spot payments - there is no way of classing the drivers

in the sense that, over time & with experience ,drivers sober down and i doubt i'd be wrong in saying that a person in their late 30's & early 40's would be a far more sensible driver than a 20year old behind the wheel

but upon deeper thought one comes to the realization that its not always the kind of car you drive that leads to accidents and erratic driving...

in the sense that this accident in question , the car was a Honda Civic from the 1990's - so regulating premiums wouldn't have made much of a difference because its not like any of them were driving a super car...

but having said that , i'm inclined to think that proper performance car drivers are bound to be more cautious that others , knowing the potential of thier vehicles & dangers caused by reckless driving...