• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Drags Live & Kicking Again ::

dragster

after a long pause it was great to see some action last night... there was a considerable amount of cars that showed up.. a few runs but it was still good... unfortunately as always the cops had to show up... a big up for the guys who are getting it alive again.. Niro**, Jan***, Shani** and the rest of the gang...

oh and by the way I saw a White mazda and a shiny head at the location... :D

after a long pause it was great to see some action last night... there was a considerable amount of cars that showed up.. a few runs but it was still good... unfortunately as always the cops had to show up... a big up for the guys who are getting it alive again.. Niro**, Jan***, Shani** and the rest of the gang...

oh and by the way I saw a White mazda and a shiny head at the location... :D

Damn those cops would've luved to c a few more runs...is there nothin we can do to keep them out?

ne poss of gettin a legit event organised? was talkin to DevZ about a drift tourney....But could put somethin else together as well....(im thinkin somethin like racewars....a full day of racin...may be wit a party in da night.....gotta get a few more chicks to come if we gonna do da party tho...:S.........maybe we should just have some legal drags......)

Edited by speeddemon200

Damn those cops would've luved to c a few more runs...is there nothin we can do to keep them out?

ne poss of gettin a legit event organised? was talkin to DevZ about a drift tourney....But could put somethin else together as well....(im thinkin somethin like racewars....a full day of racin...may be wit a party in da night.....gotta get a few more chicks to come if we gonna do da party tho...:S.........maybe we should just have some legal drags......)

Yeah machan thats actually a nice idea..... Didn't some radio station (I think it was E but not sure... :unsure: ) have a "drag fest" or something like that a couple of years ago? perhaps we could do something like that maybe....

Yeah machan thats actually a nice idea..... Didn't some radio station (I think it was E but not sure... :unsure: ) have a "drag fest" or something like that a couple of years ago? perhaps we could do something like that maybe....

absolutely wicked supra....lets get workin on that then....:)

this is correct...the shiny head and the dull mazda were there.....

as for an official drag, for it to be happening, it has to be in colombo. either green path or parliment area but i don't think its possible to get either place... the only place you can get it organized is at katu.

oh yeah it was bit happening bt not that much

A van bugger was so angry with the drag boys and he called cops bt sadly no one put him in to the Lake :D bt some nice action after some time Mona's Fuper fast Ford laser, Nirosh drove jankas ond EG with slick tyres and as always Anuruddha's Ek Turbo

Sadly Only 4 came from AL Dragster, Fuzzo, speeddemon200, n me

2 '1984 ford lasers' which were blisteringly fast.... imprezza's, evo's, 2 starlet GTs, marino...Altezza was there (didnt race)...

@GFX ne thin I missed? Ravin?

Ford Laster - Mona

Evo - Actually its only a cb3 with a fake intercooler

Altezza - Ravi

imprezzas - Nirosh, Ashan

Ceres GT - Mark

Ck2 Turbo - Anuruddha

Stalter GT - Shanira

Red Cherry - :P

Ek3 - Glenn, Nishantha

Es8 - Viraj

Oh cant remember every one n Nigel came late

Edited by GihanFX

oh yeah it was bit happening bt not that much

A van bugger was so angry with the drag boys and he called cops bt sadly no one put him in to the Lake :D bt some nice action after some time Mona's Fuper fast Ford laser, Nirosh drove jankas ond EG with slick tyres and as always Anuruddha's Ek Turbo

Sadly Only 4 came from AL Dragster, Fuzzo, speeddemon200, n me

Ford Laster - Mona

Evo - Actually its only a cb3 with a fake intercooler

Altezza - Ravi

imprezzas - Nirosh, Ashan

Ceres GT - Mark

Ck2 Turbo - Anuruddha

Stalter GT - Shanira

Red Cherry - :P

Ek3 - Glenn, Nishantha

Es8 - Viraj

Oh cant remember every one n Nigel came late

I wasnt there, and i dont own a Ford Lazer.. if u meant me.. lol

this is correct...the shiny head and the dull mazda were there.....

as for an official drag, for it to be happening, it has to be in colombo. either green path or parliment area but i don't think its possible to get either place... the only place you can get it organized is at katu.

where was that E (or something) drag event held way back when?

Red Cherry EG8 - me

Blue EG8 - Sanjeewa

Black EK3 - Gerry

Orange EG8 - Nirosh

Black Grand Civic - Shane

White Starlet GT (Ravi's EX car )- Shanira

Alteza - Ravi

Blue Impressa

White Impressa

Red EK3

Silver Ek3

Black Ek3

Teg Type-R - Thivanka

Marino - Mark

Red Ford Laser - Janka

Green Ford Laser

Red Startlet GT

Silver Evo

Red Evo

Blue Evo 2.5 almost Evo... lol - Bingu (Iraj's Rapper )

White EG8

Red Ek3

Silver EK3

Mazda - Fuso

Toyota Corolla

Corolla wagon

Wingroad

Toyota Hiace

blue Mitsu 4x4 van

three wheeler

did I miss anything ?

Red Cherry EG8 - me

Blue EG8 - Sanjeewa

Black EK3 - Gerry

Orange EG8 - Nirosh

Alteza - Ravi

Blue Impressa

White Impressa

Red EK3

Silver Ek3

Black Ek3

Teg Type-R - Thivanka

Marino - Mark

Red Ford Laser - Janka

Green Ford Laser

Red Startlet GT

Silver Evo

Red Evo

White EG8

Red Ek3

Silver EK3

Mazda - Fuso

Toyota Corolla

Corolla wagon

Wingroad

Toyota Hiace

blue Mitsu 4x4 van

three wheeler

did I miss anything ?

Machang im a bit lost..... what's this lot? the participants at this weeks drag?

parliment area...

Thanks mate... wonder how they managed to get clearance nuh?

where was that E (or something) drag event held way back when?

Back in 2001 or 2002 E FM organized a drag event at green path.. I cant remember any Organized drag scene hapenin at parliment road though.. Once there ws an event, a lot of cars gatherd, and it never actually statred coz at the last moment the organizers had some problem with some authorities i think..

Back in 2001 or 2002 E FM organized a drag event at green path.. I cant remember any Organized drag scene hapenin at parliment road though.. Once there ws an event, a lot of cars gatherd, and it never actually statred coz at the last moment the organizers had some problem with some authorities i think..

yeah thats the one i was thinking about..... but I had no idea that it didn't happen.... what are the possibilities of getting sumething like that off the ground machan?

oh damn it! how can i miss this event... was this ever spoken about in any of the sites? c'mon dragster at least drop a mail to us when u organise drags again .... :(

could have joined.. shit! didnt knw :(

ow bung.. nobody informed... been missing action since last december super car drag event :action-smiley-060:

MRA organised the first official drag back in 2001 with E FM at Green path, they also tried to run an official drag on parliment road back in 2003 but the cops stoped it after initialy giving permission for it.

There have been many attempts to organise an official drag in Colombo but the problem has always been getting approval from the cops in writing!

Thats why the R*D B*LL drag in 2005 was held at Katu

MRA organised the first official drag back in 2001 with E FM at Green path, they also tried to run an official drag on parliment road back in 2003 but the cops stoped it after initialy giving permission for it.

There have been many attempts to organise an official drag in Colombo but the problem has always been getting approval from the cops in writing!

ahh right... thanks for the Info mate.... havent really come across you before, so I'll say hi as well..... but honestly, can we think about getting an official, fully legal drag event off the ground?

ahh right... thanks for the Info mate.... havent really come across you before, so I'll say hi as well..... but honestly, can we think about getting an official, fully legal drag event off the ground?

c'mon dragster at least drop a mail to us when u organise drags again .... :(

Hey I didnt Organize it man.. it had already been going on for some time... I just went to check it out yesterday with a couple of guys.. it was nice to see some drags although it was only a few..

Well as things currently stand getting permission from the cops seems unlikely, they really don't like it when you go and offer green path as the venue, but if anybody has any other road that is good for a drag that is safe and control would not be an issue please do suggest and then we can work from there.

Written permission was obtained for parliment road back in Dec 2005 but it was droped as the condition of the road was not that great.

Well as things currently stand getting permission from the cops seems unlikely, they really don't like it when you go and offer green path as the venue, but if anybody has any other road that is good for a drag that is safe and control would not be an issue please do suggest and then we can work from there.

Written permission was obtained for parliment road back in Dec 2005 but it was droped as the condition of the road was not that great.

neither GP nor Parliament drive will work given the current security context & the fact that both are routs for V*P movement! :mellow:

é Parliament drags were orgnized by Richard De zoysa wasnt it? but apart from a warm up run or two - é proceedings came to a screetching half before they ever really got going - again on é accound of some MP making a fuss about é crowds , noise etc - but they used é lack of a "proper barrier between spectators & cars = safety hazard" as thier excuse! :rolleyes:

anyways which ever it is , altough it would be ideal if it were a location in colombo - it may realistically have to be moved out into é suburbs on account of é national security issues..

Red Cherry EG8 - me

Blue EG8 - Sanjeewa

Black EK3 - Gerry

Orange EG8 - Nirosh

Alteza - Ravi

Blue Impressa

White Impressa

Red EK3

Silver Ek3

Black Ek3

Teg Type-R - Thivanka

Marino - Mark

Red Ford Laser - Janka

Green Ford Laser

Red Startlet GT

Silver Evo

Red Evo

White EG8

Red Ek3

Silver EK3

Mazda - Fuso

Toyota Corolla

Corolla wagon

Wingroad

Toyota Hiace

blue Mitsu 4x4 van

three wheeler

did I miss anything ?

I think draggy is talkin abt the list of vehicles that was there. 3wheeler? gud one dude now wud've luved to c that drag...:D

I didnt drag either was just there to see. Was pretty cool da runs we had tho.....one of ma mates, got a pic n' a clip...will go home, n' upload tonight...

speedy ovr n' out :D ...l8r dudes :D ..

Edited by speeddemon200

oh damn it! how can i miss this event... was this ever spoken about in any of the sites? c'mon dragster at least drop a mail to us when u organise drags again .... :(

ow bung.. nobody informed... been missing action since last december super car drag event :action-smiley-060:

its was all ur fault cus yesterday night if u check the post whoring ( page 90 top ) i added a note abt last night drags, that hw speeddemon200 came to drags

Red Cherry EG8 - me

Blue EG8 - Sanjeewa

Black EK3 - Gerry

Orange EG8 - Nirosh

Alteza - Ravi

Blue Impressa

White Impressa

Red EK3

Silver Ek3

Black Ek3

Teg Type-R - Thivanka

Marino - Mark

Red Ford Laser - Janka

Green Ford Laser

Red Startlet GT

Silver Evo

Red Evo

White EG8

Red Ek3

Silver EK3

Mazda - Fuso

Toyota Corolla

Corolla wagon

Wingroad

Toyota Hiace

blue Mitsu 4x4 van

three wheeler

did I miss anything ?

Red Cherry EG8 - me

Blue EG8 - Sanjeewa

Black EK3 - Gerry

Orange EG8 - Nirosh

Alteza - Ravi

Blue Impressa - Nirsoh

White Impressa - Ashan

Red EK3 ************* its meroon color - nishantha

Silver Ek3

Black Ek3

Teg Type-R - Thivanka

Marino - Mark ********** its a cerec

Red Ford Laser - Janka

Green Ford Laser - mona

Red Startlet GT - Shanira

White EG8

Red Ek3

Silver EK3

Mazda - Fuso

Toyota Corolla

Silver ES8 - Viraj

its was all ur fault cus yesterday night if u check the post whoring ( page 90 top ) i added a note abt last night drags, that hw speeddemon200 came to drags

hey next time put the notices under that saturday night drags thread (even though it might not exactly be saturday night ;) ) don't tend to check post whores often :(