• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Montero Sl

fuzzo

can't be 100% sure but i think i saw the new montero (one wiht range rover looking lights) at sunil motors on havelock road....

My brother also told that he saw the new Montero which has lights like the range rover.

To my knowledge there was no launcing ceremony until now.

My brother also told that he saw the new Montero which has lights like the range rover.

To my knowledge there was no launcing ceremony until now.

There was a very low key launch on Saturday with the presence of the media. As of today 38 units sold and advances taken. 17 are on the road already and the rest will be delivered in March. Specs remain the same as before with the 3.0L and 3.8L petrol.

There was a very low key launch on Saturday with the presence of the media. As of today 38 units sold and advances taken. 17 are on the road already and the rest will be delivered in March. Specs remain the same as before with the 3.0L and 3.8L petrol.

Yeap saw one parked at Mitsubishi/Orieant car park

They advertised the new one in the papers last week. Quoted something like 10.8mil for the 3.0L basic.

Im still not convinced the new one will be great on the long run. Its still a monocoque structure and it comes with very hard suspension so rattles and vibrations will become a day to day affair after 2-3 years of running.

Improvements seem more cosmetic than anything else. They sell like hot cakes though. Probably as you get a lot of 'posh' for the price.

your welcome :) that i'm afraid i'm gonna have to leave to é Pro's - PERI , MADZ & co

as poor ole me doesnt have a digital camera even :(

Things we hear from a guy who owns a Z :rolleyes: Buy one man, even i didnt have one until last December untill someone (special ;) ) gifted me one..But the whole package costed only 34k with charger,memory chip

Things we hear from a guy who owns a Z :rolleyes: Buy one man, even i didnt have one until last December untill someone (special ;) ) gifted me one..But the whole package costed only 34k with charger,memory chip

the word "only" after a big sum of cash is becomin a common say o Hola.. rich bugger.. ;) jkz..

The new montero looks a bit freelandish man... havent stil seen it on the street.. me bein stil carles...

Zz

ehema apita dhaas ganang wala thaaagi denna ÿaluwo" apita naa bung :(

...but i'd rather but that modey into a good phone :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

é two tone finish brings back memories of é infamous "Intercooler" labeled :lol: Pajero's of é 1990's

IPB Image

Hmm..... it doesn't look as if they have DONE much does it? i mean, the profile is exactly the same..... only the nose and the colour schemes seem to have changed...... this looks just like the time when the "Intercooler" Pajeros became Monteros (with flared wheel arches and different head/tail lights) dont ya think??

They advertised the new one in the papers last week. Quoted something like 10.8mil for the 3.0L basic.

Im still not convinced the new one will be great on the long run. Its still a monocoque structure and it comes with very hard suspension so rattles and vibrations will become a day to day affair after 2-3 years of running.

Improvements seem more cosmetic than anything else. They sell like hot cakes though. Probably as you get a lot of 'posh' for the price.

Why exactly is a monocoque structure a problem for you?

Why exactly is a monocoque structure a problem for you?

In the case of the Montero, the monocoque structure along with the hard suspension (They only order the stiff rough road package brandnew), you feel every bump on the road. This after sometime makes the dashboard and the interiors to rattle.

Landcruisers come with a ladder frame construction with body mounts absoring the impact as different points.

This is just my experience.

SUV experts.....any comments?

In the case of the Montero, the monocoque structure along with the hard suspension (They only order the stiff rough road package brandnew), you feel every bump on the road. This after sometime makes the dashboard and the interiors to rattle.

Landcruisers come with a ladder frame construction with body mounts absoring the impact as different points.

This is just my experience.

SUV experts.....any comments?

personal experiance is not sufficiant to warrant anything solid - but ladder frames on a Landy equal a spine snapping choppy ride :(

but i'm inclined to concurr with Milindu on é Land Cruisers having a better ride...

but whether é monocoque structure alone can be at fault is questionable as most other smaller SUV's , Freelanders etc have decent ride - so its probably got more to do with the suspension settings...

any idea if é older 90's "Intercooler" Pajero's had a seperate chassis or not - é ride on those way quite exceptional for é era i felt...

personal experiance is not sufficiant to warrant anything solid - but ladder frames on a Landy equal a spine snapping choppy ride :(

but i'm inclined to concurr with Milindu on é Land Cruisers having a better ride...

but whether é monocoque structure alone can be at fault is questionable as most other smaller SUV's , Freelanders etc have decent ride - so its probably got more to do with the suspension settings...

any idea if é older 90's "Intercooler" Pajero's had a seperate chassis or not - é ride on those way quite exceptional for é era i felt...

A Montero/Pajero is always my dream, Dev i tell you why. I like the one which came in 1st as intercooler. I think the early 90s model