• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mighty Mini Concour's "d" Elegance 2007 Event

Maa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shame that politics of this nature is common to virtually anything n everything in our islan home :(

anyways MAA - would u happen to have any pictures of é Event??

we've been begging for photo's - but No one is posting any pictures of é MIGHY MINI's :(

I remove this as it now leads to a different direction...

My objective was to express dissatisfaction of people I met that day (including me), nothing else...

Edited by Maa

hmmm if they're small vids why dont u host them on youtube for our benefit? :)

My objective was to express dissatisfaction of people I met that day (including me), nothing else...

Edited by Maa

Maa!

It seems you are very badly hurt.Appreciate your guts of talking loud in a forum.But give us more details to be convinced, so that we could abide by the basics you try to highlight here.

MINIACE

Edited by Maa

We shall ask for the mak / score sheets from the Committee... So we can see how they have scored Hemal's Clubman as the best looking MINI over the 2001 Original Monte which is imported leagally, AND how Sarath's MINI Cab overtook my Clubman Estate..., etc , etc...

Maa you are badly mistaken of manythings.I guess Hemal won the most original clubman and not the best looking.The category best looking won by a blue colour car and thats a true beauty.

Some more clarifications...

IMO there are only two legally imported Mini commercials cabs in the country.Please correct me if im wrong.They were imported by Walkers.Rohith got one and a Doctor owns the other.Most of the cabs and winning cabs are simply cut-stationwagons or Illegally imported ones.I may be wrong..please correct me if you know better.

Now Rohiths one is a true commercial cab.In active commercial service.but unfortunately this authentic Mini didn't win the category ,but thats competition you know..You cant fight.Judges point of view is always different from participants :D

Imageshak is out this momemnt will post pictures of a true action commercial Mini soon.

MINIACE

We shall ask for the mak / score sheets from the Committee... So we can see how they have scored Hemal's Clubman as the best looking MINI over the 2001 Original Monte which is imported leagally, AND how Sarath's MINI Cab overtook my Clubman Estate..., etc , etc...

machan as far as i know the monte carlo version was mde in 1994 ( i found this information in the net )

in 2001 there 500 cars made in john cooper gurages which came with silver hood & bonnet stripes ( even miniace confirmed this info ) but there was no record of a monte carlo version made in 2001

pls correct me if i'm wrong , thanks

Check what we discussed earlier about Monte versions.

forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=3074&hl=

MINIACE

This thread has gone to the Committee of the club...

From the feedback I got from the committee, I got to know that there had been many different criterions when selecting”Best Looking” cars... So, the judges not only consider the looks but also the originality, etc...

Further I got to know that Malinda’s Clubman Wagon had questions when awarding 2nd place, as it had Nissan coil springs in rear.

I'm glad to the Committee if they publish the criterion so that it will resolve the confusions, otherwise "Best Looking" for many people is only the looks, as implies by the event name…

For the betterment of the Club, as the initiator of this topic, I request AutoLanka to remove this trail from the site.

Thanks in Advance.

Dear Admin,Mods !

I guess we should not delete or remove this cos our guy Maa owes a big appology from Mighty Mini Club,If he wants to remove this..And that should be given the same publicity as this.You can experss your comments but not in a pathetic and sarcastic manner as you Maa did.

Maa you are clearly wrong of many things as I mentioned.Results and many facts you posted are wrong.So I dont think theres nothing wrong with the issue that you owe an appology to the club.This thread should stay for all forum people to see how you change your versions since no club officials made their comments here and how you realized you were wrong!!!

Please note that I have no involvement with the club or Mighty Mini Concour's "d" Elegance 2007 Event.I dont speak on behalf of the club.Im not even a member.

MINIACE

Dear Admin,Mods !

I guess we should not delete or remove this cos our guy Maa owes a big appology from Mighty Mini Club,If he wants to remove this..And that should be given the same publicity as this.You can experss your comments but not in a pathetic and sarcastic manner as you Maa did.

Maa you are clearly wrong of many things as I mentioned.Results and many facts you posted are wrong.So I dont think theres nothing wrong with the issue that you owe an appology to the club.This thread should stay for all forum people to see how you change your versions since no club officials made their comments here and how you realized you were wrong!!!

Please note that I have no involvement with the club or Mighty Mini Concour's "d" Elegance 2007 Event.I dont speak on behalf of the club.Im not even a member.

MINIACE

Miniace, don't misunderstand my previous posting.

I and the people I represent are still remaining in our position on the judgments (I don't want to recap many things here, but probably most members will respond and have already expressed their dissatisfaction)

Anyhow, after a discussion I had with one of the officials in the club, I posted my previous comment for the betterment of the club.

I would clearly say that I've never apologized from anyone for posting this thread and I don't think I will have to, as I have posted comments of many people who participated in that event.

I would again like to say that we remain in our position till the club publishes the score sheets.

PS: Don't get upset Miniace, plz don't take these personally...

Edited by Maa

Miniace, don't misunderstand my previous posting.

I and the people I represent are still remaining in our position on the judgments (I don't want to recap many things here, but probably most members will respond and have already expressed their dissatisfaction)

Anyhow, after a discussion I had with one of the officials in the club, I posted my previous comment for the betterment of the club.

I would clearly say that I've never apologized from anyone for posting this thread and I don't think I will have to, as I have posted comments of many people who participated in that event.

I would again like to say that we remain in our position till the club publishes the score sheets.

PS: Don't get upset Miniace, plz don't take these personally...

Shame shame shame! I thought you were brave enought to keep the belligerent critique!!!

Miniace is never upset and never take things personally...anyways its good that you took it back as its a material affront on you! By anychance you or anyone forgot what was stated against club and deleted...let me remind you and do the honours please! Its nicely saved in the archives!!! :lol:

MINIACE

Shame shame shame! I thought you were brave enought to keep the belligerent critique!!!

Miniace is never upset and never take things personally...anyways its good that you took it back as its a material affront on you! By anychance you or anyone forgot what was stated against club and deleted...let me remind you and do the honours please! Its nicely saved in the archives!!! :lol:

MINIACE

Sorry guys. I took my critique back for some other reason, after the discussion I had with a Committee member. There are many things around this, which I can not post...

Anyway our guess/critique may not be necessarily true, but there should be something true ‘cos many people in the Committee got alarmed and few club members phoned me and thanked me for posting this…

HI GUYS!!!!

First of all thank you Mini Ace for putting the facts straight to these guys about the MMC Concour's 'd' Elegance. A few points which i should enlighten you guys on:-

Namaz does not have a mini moke!!!!!! it belongs to Richard De Soysa who could not attend the meeting and therefore Namaz brought it.

Sarath's pick-up is one of 3 originals in the country. One belonged to Walkers the other to British Car Co and this one to the British High Commission and was subsequently handed over to the Dehiwala Mt Lavinia Muncipal council by Government stores.

Malinda's moke 5 sri 201 was not at the show. He was lucky to be placed with his clubby wagon inspite of the Nissan suspension fitted to it.

Mini production ceased in October 2000. The Monte was built in 1994. I hope this is not another example of badge engineering which is very common in Sri Lanka.

As for the judges at the event, they were all an indipendent panel and i for one witnessed them doing their job. Guys lets not critisize anyone without getting are facts straight first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't let Defeat be painful, it should help you strive to achieve more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

DriftKing

Edited by Driftking

Thanks Driftking for adding more facts!

Anyway our guess/critique may not be necessarily true,

Maa guy!!

That is called Falsity in simple english :lol: Stop what you are trying now.You proved yourself a wit.Dont add insult to the injuries.Lets bury this and you can be history.The more you post ,I get tempted to post what you posted earlier and deleted :lol:

MINIACE

Dear Admin,Mods !

MINIACE

:( Mini aiya, what went wrong? im totaly confused.