• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2001 Monticarlo Modified Version Mini

MRM

hi guys,

need advise from the experts on mini's

untill yesterday i thought the rover mini died in 2000 october & the new BMW mini was launched in 2001 .

but i heard there has been a car produced from the traditional mini shape in 2001 as " 2001 MODEL ROVER 1.3i MONTICARLO MODIFIED VERSION "

i checked the net & coudnt find any info about a 2001 car,

has any one heard of a car made in 2001 from the old shape ??

al i could find was in 1994 a monte carlo special edition have been released,

after that net doesnt have any info.

however if you guys find any inform about a car poduced in 2001 from the old shape, pls inform.

apperenty a guy claims there is a car in SRI LANKA of this so called 2001 model montecarlo version , which no one have seen :ninja::P

drew a blank as well - é closest i got to the spec u mentioned was a 94-98 special edtion mainly for é French n Jap markets...

so what on earth is this mystery car???

machan since i cannot find a 2001 car in the net :D i'll try to find more details about this mystery car in SL.

atleast the colour, reg number & where it is located, so we can put the AL spy's to find the car :D:alc:

MRM i think someones trying to pull ur leg - i came up with pretty much é same u did - é 1st Mote carlo edition was in 1994 to commemorate é 30th anniversary of Paddy Hopkirks win & é other in 2004 as é new MINI Cooper S MC40 in 2004 for é 40th

logical reasoning would deem that there be no reason why they'd come out with a model with that particular name for an end of production ltd run -

besides which there MUST be some record of this "special edition" - since there isnt i'd be inclined to pass this off as some over enthusiastic son of a mother trying to be 'man' by making claims to a "special edtion" car! <_<

if at all i'm guessig its jus another mini built up with é EFI engine & got é Extra Spot lights n paint to make it LOOK like á Monte Carlo

here can u let us also in on é mini mafia by sharing some PICTURES of é MINI COnference PLEASE :)

MRM i think someones trying to pull ur leg - i came up with pretty much é same u did - é 1st Mote carlo edition was in 1994 to commemorate é 30th anniversary of Paddy Hopkirks win & é other in 2004 as é new MINI Cooper S MC40 in 2004 for é 40th

logical reasoning would deem that there be no reason why they'd come out with a model with that particular name for an end of production ltd run -

besides which there MUST be some record of this "special edition" - since there isnt i'd be inclined to pass this off as some over enthusiastic son of a mother trying to be 'man' by making claims to a "special edtion" car! <_<

if at all i'm guessig its jus another mini built up with é EFI engine & got é Extra Spot lights n paint to make it LOOK like á Monte Carlo

here can u let us also in on é mini mafia by sharing some PICTURES of é MINI COnference PLEASE :)

machan the mini detectives have already started the search on this local mini , i dont want to comment untill we see the car , i'll keep you'll posted if this car really exists or not in SL

however as according to wiki & some other mini sites in UK the last car built was on the 4th oct 2000 & this is a pic of the last car (red cooper s )

IPB Image

but i just found some cars which were made by John cooper works in 2001( this i can understand ) & some cars which were made by Rover group as "Classic Cooper Sport" god only knows where they made it as all the articles which i read confirmes all the plants in europe were closed in 2000.

i'm getting a clarification from Uk, i'll keep you'll informed

ok i'll keep inform you'll about the mini happenings , maybe few can join me for the mini fun drives ,

Edited by MRM

Sorrry about the delay MRM…how did I miss this topic??? :o

Well machan to start with I have my doubts about the authentication of the Monte model available here as SL regulations prevent MINI Montes importing to SL soil.

Yes there is a model called MINI Monte Carlo. This KIT car is made by Z cars LTD UK.Z cars Monte is just sharing the look of a Mini classics and got nothing in common with the Mini Classics. Its space framed and powdercoated chassis and powered by Power Tech 255hp 1500cc Suzuki Hyabusa motorcycle engine .Got Gripper diffs.AP discs and calipers all round.Clutchless gear change system is another feature. :o

Cars are in production at a very low rate and not street legal in many countries including SL.Company boasts 0-100Km/h in 4 Secs .Power to weight ratio is 400bhp/tonne.Honestly I have never seen or heard about Z Montes in Sri Lanka! :P

Tell me about this guy who claimed about a MINI Monte :lol: Further there is an aftermarket body kit called Monte Carlo. :D

MINIACE

wut do u mean by not "street legal here" machan? :huh: ?

but thats staggering supercar performance from a car which has é aero dynamic properties of a cute bar of soap! :D

...but i'd love to have mini which could snap a speedo in 4sec in my driveway :) .....but i dread to think of é amount of torque steer on that car... :(

wut do u mean by not "street legal here" machan? :huh: ?

...but i'd love to have mini which could snap a speedo in 4sec in my driveway :) .....but i dread to think of é amount of torque steer on that car... :(

SL Importing regulations runs 20+ pages of restrictions on importing.Afterall Z cars LTD is not a mass production company.

Still curious to know about the so called Mini Monte of SL. :lol:

here is a picture of a 2002 Z cars Mini Monte Carlo.

IPB Image

MINIACE

SL Importing regulations runs 20+ pages of restrictions on importing.Afterall Z cars LTD is not a mass production company.

Still curious to know about the so called Mini Monte of SL. :lol:

here is a picture of a 2002 Z cars Mini Monte Carlo.

IPB Image

MINIACE

hi miniace,

thanks for your clarification,

forget about the local car as it cannot be a Z car, i'll sms you the info about the local car B):P

what i'm really concerned is this 2001 model cars which were made ,when the plants were closed in 2000 oct .( i started looking this info bec of this local car of YOM 2001 :violent-smiley-030: )

this is a car which was for sale in uk claiming one of those 500 cars which were produced in 2001 ( looks same to a 1999, 2000 model car )

IPB Image

Edited by MRM

hi miniace,

thanks for your clarification,

forget about the local car as it cannot be a Z car, i'll sms you the info about the local car B):P

what i'm really concerned is this 2001 model cars which were made ,when the plants were closed in 2000 oct .( i started looking this info bec of this local car of YOM 2001 :violent-smiley-030: )

this is a car which was for sale in uk claiming one of those 500 cars which were produced in 2001 ( looks same to a 1999, 2000 model car )

Yes! There is a model rolled out in 2001.

The Model is Rover Mini Cooper Classic Sport 500LE 2001.The last 500 were sent to John Cooper Garages in 2000 after closing the Rover production line to add last exclusive Cooper touches with Zero run miles..They rolled out in February 2001,specially taged as last 500 and extreamly expensive.Will post picures of Sports500 soon.

Please SMS me those local info :D

MINIACE

Love é flarred fenders n mini light alloys :)

hang on....is that a Tudor Webasto Sun Roof ??? :huh: ??

You are correct there.Only Mini British open classic model came with a Vinyl Tudor Webasto.The above picture is of a custom modified 500LE.I didnt notice it till you mentioned.All 500LEs came without sunroofs.The standard Mini sunroof is of make 'Countess'.

MINIACE

Mini Fuel injection was brought about in part to meet more stringent emission regulations world wide.

Injection gave the added bonus of a moderate boost in mid range torque.

There are many injection types for Mini engine.SPi-sigle point injection and MPi Multi point are the

two major ones. The word tells the difference.

Injection engines can be identified easily with the ‘computer box’ near brake oil reservoir.

Air cleaner housing of injection types are oval shape.

Engine bock is different.

Only the MPi type has the front mounted radiators.

There are many more differences and this is enough for the moment I guess.

MINIACE