• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2 Questions To Autolanka Users.

Saturn

A friend of mine recently bought a car. It's got a 2000cc engine, it's in suprisingly good condition, and the guy wants to sell it. I actually asked him why he wants to 'sell such a good car' but he didn't really have a reply.

This got me thinking, so:

To everyone at AL who ever sold a car/cars: what reason made you sell?

1. There's something hideously wrong with the car and you need to get rid of it soon before it falls apart. (J/K).

2. The numberplate is old/a new model has been released.

3. Your needs change (you decide you want more performance, ecomomy, or something).

4. You have more disposable income and you want to upgrade.

5. You buy/sell every so many years/miles as a policy.

6. You want to change the type of vehicle

7 Another reason (sheer boredom/something else)?

^

(edit: thanks fuzzo)

(with me, my last two sales/purchase involved reason 6 and 3)

Another question I'd like to ask people is: what do you drive for your daily needs (Car, 4X4, Van) and why?

Edited by Saturn

Well I had a bro in law who changes his vehicle kinda like every year just a like a policy.

If I were to purchase another vehicle it would definitely be as an upgrade/economy based decision. Though everything depends on how much DI ya ve got yeah..

Zz

Well I had a bro in law who changes his vehicle kinda like every year just a like a policy.

If I were to purchase another vehicle it would definitely be as an upgrade/economy based decision. Though everything depends on how much DI ya ve got yeah..

Zz

Q1

From a company perspective

The car is too old (not reliable or comfortable for commercial running)

The car is too costly to run - i.e. Cefiro A33

Sometimes the car is still good but looks old/model becomes aged.

Personal

When the vehicle you drive starts feeling old or there is something that you like that is affoardable. We tend to use personal vehicles for a good 5-7 years from new.

Q2

Daily Run - SUV - Smooth on bumps and potholes on the road. Bad roads when I visit yards for work. Nice to drive - 3.4 V6, air suspension etc. Feel good factor.

I only Sold One car in my life and its my first car i got it after getting my licence and i use it almost for 2 and Half years without any trouble

I sold my car cus

Its a korean make.

And got a gud offer.

I want more powefull car to Drag.

When goin to parties and other places its very difficult to keep up with my friends hondas.

My friedns foeced me to sell it.

Still sri lankan ppl think korean cars sucks.

And i dnt care abt the number plates so selling a JK- is a no prob for me

Edited by GihanFX