• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vw Beetle

Supra_Natural

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you finaly did it good on you mate, U must be like a kid with his toy now, know thw feeling

heh heh.. thanx guys

@ gunat.. bt more than i bargained for mate... I'll give you a call sometime.

@ Rily, machan you never told us what you bought??

cool! the car is in good shape. B)

it's time 4 u 2 join the VW Beetle Owners' Club.

www.vwbeetles.lk

we just had the annual rally last sunday. will post some pics later!

yeah mr peter jasinghe told me about it..... i was hoping to attend but had a small "incident"... heh heh

I will most certainly be joining up

Hi All,

this thread has been dead for awhile so i thought i'd revive it

FINALLY BOUGHT IT!!!!!

IPB Image

what do you think?

Have seen one of these things modified around Ragama 'Thae watta' area, some time back. The engine was mounted on chrome pipes with the bonnet popped-off, funky purple paint n’ stuff... it was one wild ride...

Have seen one of these things modified around Ragama 'Thae watta' area, some time back. The engine was mounted on chrome pipes with the bonnet popped-off, funky purple paint n’ stuff... it was one wild ride...

there is an off road bug, i saw it once on pimp my ride. Maybe its this version

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, Inde Suspension it is....really makes driving more predictable.

But, the rear is still trailing arms, and (still) lively as a grasshopper!

Downside is that the steering and other parts are completely different from the standard 1300, making spare parts and restoring expensive and difficult!

• 1 month later...

Well I've been pretty silent on whats happenin with my pride 'n joy (for reasons that will soon become obvious:lol:)

so here are some pics of the story so far for those of you who are interested...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2212...mp;id=506251059

like any old car, the "bit" of work turned out to be a tad more than anticipated....

ah well, cant say i wasn't warned nuh...

Well I've been pretty silent on whats happenin with my pride 'n joy (for reasons that will soon become obvious:lol:)

so here are some pics of the story so far for those of you who are interested...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2212...mp;id=506251059

like any old car, the "bit" of work turned out to be a tad more than anticipated....

hey bro when are you getting the car? last time you gave me a call you said at the end of april or something... what's been completed up to now?

Goodluck bro.

Edited by Nim

Welcome to the world of classic cars Supra. But don't worry everyone (including me) goes thru with this pain. Its ALWAYS more than what you expect. And as you seems to be a real car nut/petrol head, warnings will never work :D !

Welcome to the world of classic cars Supra. But don't worry everyone (including me) goes thru with this pain. Its ALWAYS more than what you expect. And as you seems to be a real car nut/petrol head, warnings will never work :D !

Thanks GTAm, and i figured you would definitely know what it's like.......:D

but honestly, nothing chases the stress of a long day away like pottering around the garage watching them going about things and trying (usually unsuccessfully) to lend a hane :lol:

• 10 months later...
Couple of months back I observed a mechanic working on one which had been to the former agents for servicing and had been sent back with the headlight hanging out because they couldn't figure out how to put it back after they removed it.

The car was about 4-5 years old and on the whole the construction of the thing was pretty shabby. Panel fit was poor, interior had not aged well at all. Overall build quality nowhere near to that of a similar age Bora or Passat. Definitely not worth paying a premium for....

Can you tell me where this Mechanic is? I have just bought a Bora and am interested in finding out about mechanics who can service the car.

• 9 months later...
SN can I suggest you look at a Variant instead! They are much rarer and IMO better looking and sportier.

May I add quicker too with the 1.6 engine. ;)

had a ride in an absolute minter recently - can vouch for the fact that it feels more 'together' and certainly more brisk