• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Micro Suv :blink:

harshansenadhir

then i think Micro have a good market, anyone consider to by a Scorpio would go for a rexton no???

Was in India two weeks back and one of my friend over there has the new scoprio full option, did ride in it on a number of occasions and must admit it is pretty refined and smooth.Also has a voice activated system which announce you to wear your seatbelt when u start the vehicle! pretty anoying but thought it was unique for an indian vehicle.BTW that is a hotseller over there and waiting list to buy a new one is about two months.

then i think Micro have a good market, anyone consider to by a Scorpio would go for a rexton no???

still micro could've introduce this with a cheap price tag which makes a huge plus point for a person to move onto that and invest 7.5mil to try it out as its not proven in the market yet.. coz some ppl still pay few mil more 'n go for reputed brands.. and micro should do some serious marketing and after sales rather than go ga ga after the govt for tax exemptions and cry over public look hey we're the only sri lankan car make so go for it.. ppl won't go coz they care the strong build quality (of course micro ahead than maruti 'n some tata stuff) , after sales, second hand market, spare parts availability .. which micro lacks is strong marketting.. they could've price all these products at a very lower rate , compromising their profit at least temporary basis until many ppl buy that and when it popular and scene on the roads very often ppl tend to think ok there are enough ppl .. enough head count, i'd rather go for it.... later they can increase their price tag and start making profit..

Here, i thought micro priviledge do have AC http://www.######/privilege.htm

in fact it does

Engine : 1000cc Inline 4 cylinder EFI gasoline

Transmission : 5 forward, Manual

Suspension (f/r) : Independent Macpherson Strut / trailing arm with coil

Steering : Rack & Pinion

Brakes : Front Disc / Rear Drum /servo (Assisted)

Body/Seating 4 door / 5 adults

Safety

Steel space frame with rollover cage for impact-protection

Energy-absorbing collapsible steering column

Crash bar under dash panel

Side Intrusion beams

Exterior

Tinted window and rear screen

Double-tint front screen

Outside rear-view mirrors

Integrated front screen wipers

Combination wraparound rear lights

Interior

Beige with walnut finish

Reclining and sliding front seats

Door armrests with integrated pockets

Seat Belts

Room lamp

Driver and passenger sun visor (With vanity mirror)

Molded roof lining

Trendy new speedometer

With digital trip meter

Features

Crystal Head lamps

Factory fitted air conditioner with economy mode

13” wheel rim

Radio cassette player

Speedometer with digital trip meter

Options

CD player

Electric window (Front & Rear)

Central Locking

Central Locking with remote control

13” Alloy wheels

still micro could've introduce this with a cheap price tag which makes a huge plus point for a person to move onto that and invest 7.5mil to try it out as its not proven in the market yet.. coz some ppl still pay few mil more 'n go for reputed brands.. and micro should do some serious marketing and after sales rather than go ga ga after the govt for tax exemptions and cry over public look hey we're the only sri lankan car make so go for it.. ppl won't go coz they care the strong build quality (of course micro ahead than maruti 'n some tata stuff) , after sales, second hand market, spare parts availability .. which micro lacks is strong marketting.. they could've price all these products at a very lower rate , compromising their profit at least temporary basis until many ppl buy that and when it popular and scene on the roads very often ppl tend to think ok there are enough ppl .. enough head count, i'd rather go for it.... later they can increase their price tag and start making profit..

this is just bad marketing on Micro's part - as well as greed

i dont think they're willing to take a few losses in the introductory stages until thry establish them sleves - these guys r looking for Return on Investment from the word go! -short sighted is wut they r

but i'm sure they;ll be able to out do the indian stuff on Design - althoug Sting-Ray was saying th scorpio's were failry refined , even the old Rexton had a nice luxurious feel to it - n since its running on Mercedese Mechanicles i have a feeling Rexton will do well...

but as u said Mr.Peugeot - its all abt MARKETING it right

....or they can do what LR & Mitubishi does n manages to snag a few govt deals and they'' do jus fine :o

Its nice to see Rexton Being Build over here.

Dont know the price difference between a Original Rexton and Locally Installed Rexton.

Any one any ideas.

if i'm not mistaken it was going for abt 18,000 GBP for é 2.7L Diesel...

but when IWS Holdings had the Agency Arth*r S*nnanayaka &co were selling it for 6.8 Mill for the 3.2L Petrol

but i belive this to be the Rexton-I

é Rexton-II in the UK now is abt 25,000 GBP for that same engine...

but u cant really tell based on international prices - cuz each Geographic region has Prices set by the Parent company in order to futher thier marketing agendas - so new mkts like Sri Lanka will have lower sticke prices set by the manufacturers - also the UK prices reflect the propensity of the purchasing power of thet reigon..

Sri Lanka to Assemble Chinese Cars

Wasana Trading (Pvt) Ltd, Ja Ela has linked up with one of the leading Chinese Automobile Companies, Chongqing Chana Automobiles Co. Ltd, Jianbei District, to put up a plant to assemble vans and motorbikes in Sri Lanka.

Currently, the Company is assembling and marketing six models of motorbikes under the trade name Wasana in collaboration with Chongqing Chana Automobiles China. Amongst these locally manufactured models are two bikes with remote control start and alarm system. The Company is scheduled to open their van assembly plant in August 2005.

According to Indika Sampath Merenchige, Director of Wasana Trading (Pvt) Ltd, the Chinese company would undertake 70% of the investment. He added, “This would be a BOI-approved venture and we have already purchased a land for the proposed factory in Ekala”. The total investment for the new project would be around Rs.30 million.

Currently, Chana Automobile’s vans and crew cabs are already being sold in Sri Lanka due to its high demand. The Chinese company has decided to assemble their vans and motorbikes in Sri Lanka. The Company already has an assembling plant in Pakistan.

The Chinese counterparts are also keen on the Indian market. “Though there are many Indian automobile manufacturers, there is a demand for Chinese vehicles, specially for vans. The Sri Lanka-India FTA is also another factor the Chinese investors are keen to invest in Sri Lanka”. He also said that the Van, ‘Changam’, with a sitting capacity of seven and powered by a 4-cylinder, 4-stroke water-cooled 8-valve gasoline engine built on Japanese technology, is the most popular van in China. “A similar five-door brand new van is currently being sold for over Rs.2 million and we are hoping to market this for less than Rs.1 million,” he said.

Currently over 100 employees have been employed for the operations of motorbike assembly and this project would provide employment for another 100. “Chinese technicians would be in Sri Lanka to oversee the Van assembling operations and train Sri Lankan technicians staff,” he said. Wasana Trading (Pvt) Limited Ltd has also met officials of the Registrar of Motor vehicles (RMV) and has obtained permission to register the new van in Sri Lanka.

Having been established a decade ago Wasana Trading’s prime business is buying and selling vehicles. It was the brainchild of Mrs. Shelin Muhandiram the mother of the two Managing Directors, Indika Sampath and Asiri Dayan Merenchige, to introduce an assembling plant in Sri Lanka. “Chinese vehicles are cheaper and are of the same high quality of Japanese vehicles,” he said

also just read that Pininfarina had something to do with designing the Micro TREND :D

can anyone verify???!!! :S

news from a few days back

US MicroHoldings buys into Sri Lanka's MicroCars Ltd

Jan 09, 2007 – Sri Lanka's sole automobile maker and assembler MicroCars Ltd has sold a 40 percent stake of the company to MicroHoldings Inc of the U.S. for 300,000 dollars, officials said.

heres the link to old page, which was started by ME!!! ( love to remember those oldays ) :lol:

http://www.autolanka.com/DiscView.asp?mid=...forum_id=8&

whoa agressive replies on the old forum it seems

hmmm well even the design of the "privillage" being orginal is questionable - seems a larger cheaper quality SMART Car (Swatch & Mercedes Benz) knock off...

but what ever said n done - its made here & we should be proud that our country actuall has a Car industry illustrious or otherwise - n we actually make a car here! :D