• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New 2008 Impreza

Devinda_Z

i dunno maachang...there are have been major stories in Jap mag abt the nex gen Subarus being hatches

n i got the pics offf a fairly relable site so i doubt they got it sompletely wrong

it may not be the ëxact" car but i'm sure itll be along these lines...

shame on Subaru designers though - even i'm in slight denial :lol:

i dunno maachang...there are have been major stories in Jap mag abt the nex gen Subarus being hatches

n i got the pics offf a fairly relable site so i doubt they got it sompletely wrong

it may not be the ëxact" car but i'm sure itll be along these lines...

shame on Subaru designers though - even i'm in slight denial :D

pretty disappointing .... coming form Subaru Since it's always had a special place in my heart ( along with mazda) .... Hatches are great but ..... ehhhhh ;) not for Subaru's I saw some Subaru’s that looked like the Silly Cherry QQ's here in SL.... ewh :D

cant you guys see that this is some sort of a paper job that some one who was very bored did ? it's all tape and foam.. even the lights are covered with tape... oh c'mon.. dont tell me you guys are buying this to be a subaru...

cant you guys see that this is some sort of a paper job that some one who was very bored did ? it's all tape and foam.. even the lights are covered with tape... oh c'mon.. dont tell me you guys are buying this to be a subaru...

I dunno machan, this COULD be the prototype disguise right? all manufacturers do the tape and foam job to hide the lines of future models when testing them....and this looks abit like one of those, rather than some guy doing it for kicks....... maybe the finished car will look better in the flesh.... coz this thing is UGLY!!!!!

hopefull it will be brilliant dynamically too, or the Evo X is gonna Slaughter it........

Edited by Supra_Natural

hi everyone

thats a false image. thats not a subaru and hell no it aint an impreza. I cant figure out how to attach pictures but i have the official picture of the 2008 subaru which will be released in march at the geneva motor show. I shall e mail the picture to madz and get him to post it by tomorrow.

sti10vb9.jpg

Edited by MADZ

hi everyone

thats a false image. thats not a subaru and hell no it aint an impreza. I cant figure out how to attach pictures but i have the official picture of the 2008 subaru which will be released in march at the geneva motor show. I shall e mail the picture to madz and get him to post it by tomorrow.

well u r the authority on Rex's 'round here so i'll give in :)

but the image shack link should be right below - just select the file from ur hard drive n hit host it - then copy the link for FORUMS on the image shack page which opens up

Image shack is a tempramental so reload é page a few times or re host it n it'll eventually come through

hmmm is it these then

i dunnno if u go abt taking all the padding off that mule then i guess the BASIC Impeza (not WRX or Sti) would possibly look like wut i intially posted!

:)

even now the basic entry level Imprezas look limp to put it mildly... :P

untitled30nt6kw4.jpg

08ev0.jpg

ca33000411nz8.jpg

normaluntitled22um3xl4.jpg

or is it this ??

99104wbl1.jpg

979cwrs0.jpg

Devinda's pics (at post#1) looks more like the Subaru Forrester. but its little lowered for even that

ur right far too low to be a Forester - and the dimensions arent right either

the Forester will Waaay more load space at the back

this is the Impreza hatch i still feel.... :o

ur right far too low to be a Forester - and the dimensions arent right either

the Forester will Waaay more load space at the back

this is the Impreza hatch i still feel.... :o

yup, I agree with Devinda. I saw those pictures a few months ago on thecarconnection.com's spy photos section..you can probably still track it down on there. It is indeed some sort of subaru impreza test car..at least that's what the site (which I find to be quite reliable) states.

yup, I agree with Devinda. I saw those pictures a few months ago on thecarconnection.com's spy photos section..you can probably still track it down on there. It is indeed some sort of subaru impreza test car..at least that's what the site (which I find to be quite reliable) states.

here are the articles I was referring to:

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A10850.html

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A10857.html

• 3 weeks later...

ok Mystery finally solved!! ...or @least i hope it is...

the car in é pictures is quite posibly a prtoype of this concept car

B5-TPH

IPB Image

Subaru’s B5-TPH is a futuristic-looking two-seater that mates a turbocharged, four-cylinder gasoline engine with an electric motor. The system is called turbocharged parallel hybrid or TPH.

No current hybrid vehicle on sale in the U.S. has a turbo engine. All use naturally aspirated engines.

With the turbo engine mated to the electric motor in the B5-TPH, fuel efficiency is improved some 30 percent over a comparable gas-only vehicle.

Horsepower from the engine is 256, while the electric motor adds another 13 horses, and torque is 252 lb-ft from the engine, with another 110 lb-ft added at times by the electric motor

IPB Image

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

by the way they gonna show the new hatch wrx on US auto show on the 5 april. but one magazine front cover got a pic of this Hatch and its been scanned and send all over the place. so anyway according to subaru they gonna release only WRX in Hatch. but they gonna release sedan as a normal impreza with AWD. so NO wrx sedan's :angry: .

but they gonna release sedan as a normal impreza with AWD. so NO wrx sedan's :angry: .

my worst fear in terms of the future of Subaru design realized :angry:

such a shame :(

but who knows once its into its production run if they realize the need for a Sti sedan they might bring onr out - given that the basic platform n AWD drivetrain will exist as you noted