• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulsar Vzr N1

madmax

ya dude the rear is wat spoils it...very abrupt end if u knw wat i mean...it is a very hard car to sell at a price above that of the normal pulsar...unlike the carina gt which is being sold for the same price as the carina ti...

oh n btw i think preveen wont mind if we mix it up a bit as long as the pulsar is mentioned in each post...so yea the carina gt is manual but its a 300-...i heard thats the normal price these days

You mean the GT goes at the same price as the Ti right- same thing with the Pulsar..Sad but thats the market.. The hatch however remains hot as ever :action-smiley-060:

The newer Carina GT's go well over the 2.1 mark- the difference a year makes :angry-smiley-048: and cant find many with the stick..

You mean the GT goes at the same price as the Ti right- same thing with the Pulsar..Sad but thats the market.. The hatch however remains hot as ever :action-smiley-060:

The newer Carina GT's go well over the 2.1 mark- the difference a year makes :angry-smiley-048: and cant find many with the stick..

yup it does...but the pulsar doesnt...the pulsar vzr sedan (advertised) is a lot more than the normal pulsar

most of the newer GT's r automatic...sadly...ive only seen two wit the 6 spd stick...i knw theres more but we'll never see em

according to globalcar.com VZR is faster in quarter mile than 2L hoda Type R... wow thats very interesting..

pericles ur car is much faster than what we all expected ah? :angry-smiley-048:

Seems like it, even with identical 0-60 times. I guess I'll attribute it to superior power to weight.

theres also this from temple of vtec. :action-smiley-060: apparently Honda ppl gather there to worship.

yup it does...but the pulsar doesnt...the pulsar vzr sedan (advertised) is a lot more than the normal pulsar

most of the newer GT's r automatic...sadly...ive only seen two wit the 6 spd stick...i knw theres more but we'll never see em

I agree. To my knowledge in terms on VZR's I've seen three Sunny's (White/GunMetal/Silver) Two Pulsar cars (both in that blue-black color) and Three Hatch's (all three in black)

Damn thats a few..I remember checking out the GunMetal Sunny at Manam's.. It was 1.4 unreg. back then in 2003 :action-smiley-060:

On the GT 6 fw's I've seen three- Ishraq's White, his bro-in-laws light greenish one and another one purple...

I agree. To my knowledge in terms on VZR's I've seen three Sunny's (White/GunMetal/Silver) Two Pulsar cars (both in that blue-black color) and Three Hatch's (all three in black)

Damn thats a few..I remember checking out the GunMetal Sunny at Manam's.. It was 1.4 unreg. back then in 2003 :action-smiley-060:

On the GT 6 fw's I've seen three- Ishraq's White, his bro-in-laws light greenish one and another one purple...

hmm of the pulsar sedans theres this blue one and a black one with white wheels in bamba...seen two hatches...both black...honestly i'd pick the pulsar over the sunny vzr any day

the GT's yea ishraq's white one n the purple one

hmm of the pulsar sedans theres this blue one and a black one with white wheels in bamba...seen two hatches...both black...honestly i'd pick the pulsar over the sunny vzr any day

Yep imagine the number of signal lights you'd have to purchase over the cars life if you have the sunny!! :action-smiley-060:

Machan I saw 2 carina GTs manual back in 2004, unregistered 2.1mill and 2.2mill(white and silver)... Badly wanted a GT those days but price was too damn high... So gave up the idea :action-smiley-060:

Saw an auto(silver) aswell asked 2mill for it...

R there GT's for 2mill these days? I thought prices have gone up..

Machan I saw 2 carina GTs manual back in 2004, unregistered 2.1mill and 2.2mill(white and silver)... Badly wanted a GT those days but price was too damn high... So gave up the idea :action-smiley-060:

Over 2 mil for sure 2.1-2.2 very very hard to find a manual though..

according to globalcar.com VZR is faster in quarter mile than 2L hoda Type R... wow thats very interesting..

pericles ur car is much faster than what we all expected ah? :action-smiley-060:

I just checked out some specs for the VZR, the N1 is a lot faster than I thought. And its amazing how they got 181Nm of torque from a 1.6 litre.

Its not as fast as the 2.0 Type-R on 0-60 though.

I just checked out some specs for the VZR, the N1 is a lot faster than I thought. And its amazing how they got 181Nm of torque from a 1.6 litre.

Its not as fast as the 2.0 Type-R on 0-60 though.

globalcar has it as

2001 Honda Civic Type R

Displacement: 1998 cc

Max. output: 199.7 PS (197.0 bhp) (146.9 kW)@7600 rpm

0-100km/h: 6.8 s

Quarter mile: 15.20s @ 96.00 mph

Power to weight: 155.12 bhp/ton

1998 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1

Displacement: 1596 cc

Max. output: 199.7 PS (197.0 bhp) (146.9 kW)@7800 rpm

0-100km/h: 6.8 s

Quarter mile: 14.89s

Power to weight: 180.73 bhp/ton

Code: SR20DET (NEO VVL) Not too sure about this. Should be SR20VET to the best of my knowledge

Manufacturer: Nissan

Type: S-4

DOHC

16 valves total

4 valves per cylinder

Bore x stroke: 86.00mm × 86.00mm

Bore / stroke ratio: 1

Displacement: 1998 cc 121.92 cu in

Compression: 9.00:1

Fuel system: EFi

Aspiration: Turbo

Catalytic Converter: Y

Max. output: 279.8 PS (276.0 bhp) (205.8 kW)@6400 rpm

Max. torque: 309.0 Nm (228 lbft) (31.5 kgm)@3200 rpm

Coolant: Water

Specific output: 138.1 bhp/litre

Specific torque: 154.65 Nm/litre

Performance

Power to weight: 189.04 bhp/ton

Hah, now there is some hella power to weight. Thats better than the VZ-R. Imagine the X-Trail GT junking my VZ-R in a race?

Code: SR20DET (NEO VVL) Not too sure about this. Should be SR20VET to the best of my knowledge

Manufacturer: Nissan

Type: S-4

DOHC

16 valves total

4 valves per cylinder

Bore x stroke: 86.00mm × 86.00mm

Bore / stroke ratio: 1

Displacement: 1998 cc 121.92 cu in

Compression: 9.00:1

Fuel system: EFi

Aspiration: Turbo

Catalytic Converter: Y

Max. output: 279.8 PS (276.0 bhp) (205.8 kW)@6400 rpm

Max. torque: 309.0 Nm (228 lbft) (31.5 kgm)@3200 rpm

Coolant: Water

Specific output: 138.1 bhp/litre

Specific torque: 154.65 Nm/litre

Performance

Power to weight: 189.04 bhp/ton

Hah, now there is some hella power to weight. Thats better than the VZ-R. Imagine the X-Trail GT junking my VZ-R in a race?

It's the SR20VET...n to think fuzzo is eyeing one :) but it only comes with CVT...this wud've been nissan's answer to the STi and EVO if they had been nice enuf to plant it in a sedan :angry-smiley-024:

Machan I saw 2 carina GTs manual back in 2004, unregistered 2.1mill and 2.2mill(white and silver)... Badly wanted a GT those days but price was too damn high... So gave up the idea :D

unregistered were goin for that price at the time i think but now the registered ones r arnd that price...i was looking for one (97/98 model old face) too at one point machan :D but till i sell my current car i cant think of buying another one

interested in a cefiro?its got 10bhp less :D

It's the SR20VET...n to think fuzzo is eyeing one :angry-smiley-024: but it only comes with CVT...

the cvt is the only concern. my research on the net is showing me that the cvt doesn't hold up too well.. even on the x-trail... quite a few of the forums online mention that the gt's have had to change the gearboxes.

i would hate life if i got a gt and wasn't able to drive it "properly" once ina while...

pericles ur car is much faster than what we all expected ah? :D

vzr n1 is a car which has received intensive racing treatment from the factory it self, wonder whether the comparision between a limited production car like the n1 and CTR is on the same grounds, remember the n1 used to cost approximately 5000$ more than itz 1.6L honda counterpart, the extra cost was attributed to the intensive racing treatment received by the n1 in the factory.

bottom line is n1 is definitely faster than itz b16 conterpart on straight line, on curves the CTR may take the edge. but try giving the same treatement that n1 got in factory to the CTR and the CTR will bring down the n1 anyday.

Disclaimer: No offence to the N1 itz a wonderful wonderful car, and on standard form it definitely is the 1.6L (n/a)leader.

VZr vs. CTR is a hot topic all around the world and the following link is very constructive http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=34246

vzr n1 is a car which has received intensive racing treatment from the factory it self, wonder whether the comparision between a limited production car like the n1 and CTR is on the same grounds, remember the n1 used to cost approximately 5000$ more than itz 1.6L honda counterpart, the extra cost was attributed to the intensive racing treatment received by the n1 in the factory.

bottom line is n1 is definitely faster than itz b16 conterpart on straight line, on curves the CTR may take the edge. but try giving the same treatement that n1 got in factory to the CTR and the CTR will bring down the n1 anyday.

Disclaimer: No offence to the N1 itz a wonderful wonderful car, and on standard form it definitely is the 1.6L (n/a)leader.

VZr vs. CTR is a hot topic all around the world and the following link is very constructive http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=34246

The guys on these forums don't really know the car. U need to check out SR20forums.com to find some real experts.

The so-called "intensive racing treatment" is applied only to the engine. The N1 is a stock pulsar VZ-R with the ONLY difference being the N1 spec engine. Drop the N1 engine into any VZ-R and voila, VZ-R N1. However, Civic type Rs are supposed to be totally reworked from the standard civic- civic SiRs. Different chassis, body, engine, etc.

Nissan Pulzar was one of the last cars on earth i looked into..But after the Pulzar vzr documentary and intro info by Preveen looks like it came down to number 5 in my list u are lucky to have 1 preveen

Only thing is i dont like the Short ass cars

hi guys my name is mudith.

i have a VZR pulsar sedan.

it's lovely to drive. congrags for buying the VZR NI bro . thats a great car

hi guys

there are three VZR sedans

GU number - blue

GS number black with while wheels in bamba ( this is my car)

GX number -black ( this is in kandy road some where )

hi guys my name is mudith.

i have a VZR pulsar sedan.

it's lovely to drive. congrags for buying the VZR NI bro . thats a great car

Are you in Sri Lanka? Which Pulsa VzR Sedan is yours? is it the black one with white wheels by any chance?

dude its ur car that ive seen on defonseka road

yes " sharker" you are correct

sorry my friend i got your name wrong sharkster.

thousand apologies

Are you in Sri Lanka? Which Pulsa VzR Sedan is yours? is it the black one with white wheels by any chance?

in sri lanka

yes your guess is correct , it's the black with white wheels