• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help On A/c

Thusha

Question

23 answers to this question

Ma bad.. Search for AC Problem.. but hell I went through some of the posts and their aint no contacts lol.. but i do remember some guys shouting out the phone numbers.. oh.. weird.. sorry budz!

Zz

check out cool breeze near st.thomas' church kotte/pita kotte junk, this guy is pretty gud. did ma dad's 121 gr8 job.

thanks speeddemon200

guys i feel like my car a/c is not enough at day time, how abt a/c on ur cars? is it 'cause of hot temperature in these days or something wrong wit ma a/c?

The last time this happened to me, it was due to a leak in the AC compressor. The cooling gradually went down to '0' in about a months time.

Don't let those buggers pump coolant and send you home (that's what most of them do, 3-4 months down the line you'll be pumping coolant again). Ask them to check the entire system for leaks, including the compressor.

Edited by Memphis

The last time this happened to me, it was due to a leak in the AC compressor. The cooling gradually went down to '0' in about a months time.

Don't let those buggers pump gas and send you home (that's what most of them do, 3-4 months down the line you'll be pumping gas again). Ask them to check the entire system for leaks, including the compressor.

Ohh... thanks for the info, other than compressor i have replaced all... and the a/c guy told me, compressor is OK. but there is a ticking noise when a/c is switched ON. is it some indication of prob wit compressor?

Ohh... thanks for the info, other than compressor i have replaced all... and the a/c guy told me, compressor is OK. but there is a ticking noise when a/c is switched ON. is it some indication of prob wit compressor?

That ticking noise must be the thermostat swithing on and off ;)

The thing with the compressor issue was, that the unit's working perfectly, but leaking coolant. Only option was to replace.

Re-con compressor : 4,000/=

Servicing + compressor oil + labour : 2,000/=

This was last April... touch wood!!! :)

That ticking noise must be the thermostat swithing on and off ;)

The thing with the compressor issue was, that the unit's working perfectly, but leaking coolant. Only option was to replace.

This was last April... touch wood!!! :)

Memphis,

Who was the A/C guy you used for this ?

a lot of A/C guys seem to pump less coolant thant required when servicing, not sure about their rationale does anybody know ?

from what i know you need to pump coolant until you see the gas completely transparent through the window in the filter which is when the pressure is correct (before that its cloudy)

The Don

PS. Memphis sorry man, i still haven't got you that contact for the Fibre dude, i am still trying to contact my friend, not easy when you live in one country, he lives in another (studies) and the fibre dude is in SL !! I haven't forgotten :o

Memphis,

Who was the A/C guy you used for this ?

The AC guy's name is Chandima. He's in Ja-Ela (Close to where I live)

PS. Memphis sorry man, i still haven't got you that contact for the Fibre dude, i am still trying to contact my friend, not easy when you live in one country, he lives in another (studies) and the fibre dude is in SL !! I haven't forgotten ;)

Thanks man. Really appreciate it ...

thanks speeddemon200

guys i feel like my car a/c is not enough at day time, how abt a/c on ur cars? is it 'cause of hot temperature in these days or something wrong wit ma a/c?

In my case, driving a black car doesn't help ;) Though considering it can completely freeze at night, I assume the A/C is working ok. Don't use it much anyway.

In my case, driving a black car doesn't help :o Though considering it can completely freeze at night, I assume the A/C is working ok. Don't use it much anyway.

;) yep ur right its really freezing at night, do u think its 'cause of black color?

That ticking noise must be the thermostat swithing on and off :)

This was last April... touch wood!!! :o

actually ticking noise when ac is on and only at idle. not the a/c clutch

In my case, driving a black car doesn't help :o Though considering it can completely freeze at night, I assume the A/C is working ok. Don't use it much anyway.

hmmm try adding a glass roof n vinyl to that & i got my self very quick baking oven!! ;) but thats only when its stationary - on the move the benfit of a small cabin n an A/C compressor made for a larger interior really pays off - it fogs me glasses up anytime i get outta the car after 4pm - i swear! :)

i have the same issue with the xtrail... i keep thinking that the ac is faulty but all the ac guys say that its working fine. this will probably be my our last black vehicle.

but u cant beat the way a black colour looks on any vehicle

Henry Ford was right to keep em in Black

the colour ditracts any vulgarity of design in any carn replaces it with a subtle class.....

but u cant beat the way a black colour looks on any vehicle

Henry Ford was right to keep em in Black

the colour ditracts any vulgarity of design in any carn replaces it with a subtle class.....

mmm ... yeh

@Pericles - :lol: looks like have to change the paint...!!!

Old post I know but same guys mentioned below did a top job on my inlaw's Audi A6 and bora. They had a couple of mercs there too last time I was there.

check out cool breeze near st.thomas' church kotte/pita kotte junk, this guy is pretty gud. did ma dad's 121 gr8 job.

i 've gotten this email a few times now and would like to know if there is any truth to it? :unsure:

Do not turn on A/C immediately as soon as you enter the car!

cidimage001gif01c9d7cf.gif

Please open the windows after you enter your car and do not turn ON the

air-conditioning immediately. According to a research done, the car dashboard,

sofa, air freshener emits Benzene, a Cancer causing toxin (carcinogen- take note

of the heated plastic smell in your car). In addition to causing cancer, it poisons

your bones, causes anemia, and reduces white blood cells. Prolonged exposure

will cause Leukemia, increasing the risk of cancer may also cause miscarriage.

cidimage002gif01c9d7cf.gif

Acceptable Benzene level indoors is 50 mg per sq. ft. A car parked indoors with

the windows closed will contain 400-800 mg of Benzene. If parked outdoors

under the sun at a temperature above 60 degrees F, the Benzene level goes up

to 2000-4000 mg, 40 times the acceptable level... & the people inside the car will

inevitably inhale an excess amount of the toxins.

cidimage003gif01c9d7cf.gif

It is recommended that you open the windows and door to give time for

the interior to air out before you enter. Benzene is a toxin that affects your

kidney and liver, and is very difficult for your body to expel this toxic stuff.

cidimage004jpg01c9d7cf.jpg

so whats verdict? true or false? :huh: