• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Ecu's

unzip2000

hey guys its me sida here..(new to the club)

jst wondering weather our civic eg8 ecu's comes wit a removable chip base. coz i saw some ecu's on web which they have a removable ecu base where we can have sevaral programmed chips and can plug it in when ever we want easily than gettin it to programmer and gettin the shit out of it.

and also i found out that there a pre-programmed chips to get and plugg-it in (if ve a base)..

hey i ve some ecu codes as well for 92-95 civic eg8 VTEC.. mit be useful for any1 there...

Here is the information you need to read error codes on 92-95 Civic and Del Sol (CRX). Those cars are OBD-I, so the same info should be usable for any other OBD-I Honda. I have not had interest in other Honda cars, so i don't know what year Accords and Preludes are OBD-I.

Anyway, off to instructions.

There is a 2-pin (most likely green in color) connector by the ECU or somewhere under the passenger's side dash. It's a Data Link Connector. Connect it's two pins with a piece of wire. Watch out not to get jolted while you're connecting the pins.

You will read error codes on the gauge cluster, on the Malfunction Indicator Lamp. Turn the key to position "II" and watch the lamp blink. Error codes are reported by a number of blinks.

There are short and long blinks. Long blinks mean 10, and short blinks mean 1. For example, if you get "long-long-short-short-short", it means error code 23. There is a short pause between each flash (long or short) and a long pause between 2 error codes. There will always be long flashes before short flashes. So you cannot expect number 23 to be reported as "short-long-short-long-short".

Take note of all error codes reported by ECM (Electronic Control Module). Find a list online that explains "OBD-I error codes honda" and you will find out what your problems are.

Do not forget to remove the wire from the 2-pin connector once you are done.

Here are the trouble codes:

0 Bad ecu (if cel is on and no code or light stays on)

1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1

2 O2B - Oxygen sensor #2

3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor

4 CKP - crank position sensor

5 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor

6 ECT - water temperature sensor

7 TPS - throttle position sensor

8 TDC - top dead centre sensor

9 CYP - cylinder sensor

10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor

12 EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve

13 BARO - atmospheric pressure sensor

14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve

15 Ignition output signal

16 Fuel injectors

17 VSS - speed sensor

19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve

20 Electrical load detector

21 VTEC spool solenoid valve

22 VTEC pressure valve

23 Knock sensor

30 Automatic transmission A signal

31 Automatic transmission B signal

36 traction control found on JDM ecu's

41 Primary oxygen sensor heater

43 Fuel supply system

45 Fuel system too rich or lean

48 LAF - lean air fuel sensor

54 CKF - crank fluctuation sensor

58 TDC sensor #2

61 Primary oxygen sensor

63 Secondary oxygen sensor

65 Secondary oxygen sensor heater

71 random misfire cylinder 1

72 random misfire cylinder 2

73 random misfire cylinder 3

74 random misfire cylinder 4

80 Exhaust Gas Recirculation insufficient flow detected

86 ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature) circuit range / performance problem

90 Evaporative Emission Control System leak detected in the fuel tank area

91 Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor low input

92 Evaporative Emission Control System insufficient purge flow

:alc: TC bye

Yes EG8 Ecu's (P.08) do have a removable chip base. Welcome to the site man.. When your taking info off other web sites.. always good to be polite and give the original author the credit by adding the link/source. Preprogrammed chips have their merits and demerits as every car's setup is different and will need to be tuned accordingly using a dyno, AFR etc.

And its very easy to find a link:)

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-trucks/r...ndas-18139.html

Yes EG8 Ecu's (P.08) do have a removable chip base. Welcome to the site man.. When your taking info off other web sites.. always good to be polite and give the original author the credit by adding the link/source. Preprogrammed chips have their merits and demerits as every car's setup is different and will need to be tuned accordingly using a dyno, AFR etc.

Nice work Sherlock! :)

hey bro

really sorry for not telling that i took the codes and things from a site, i really took this long time back as i bought my EG8 to find out a sensor error. and it was in a word doc which i had saved. so i really couldnt remember the site. just thought it mit be useful for the guys out there coz i know that some doesnt know how to check the error codes and i was reffering to them.

also many thanks for letting me know that the ecu has a chip base. then can proceed wit the further investigation on the research.. he he he :unsure:

looks like a dam cop movie words nee.. he he he anywayz..... c ya

ve some pics uploaded on the autolanka meetup mit wanna check it out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/unzip2000/

thanks

out of da house -sida-

welcome bro !!!

as pila said ... 92-95 eg8/eg9 comes with external chips supported.

there r few things to get the job done i think.

thanks for the info bro... coolz to meet u guys ...

out of da house -sida-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_civic#F....281992-1995.29

probably means the EH9.

:unsure: Damn, never knew the Civic had a 3.0l V6. I'm wondering if thats a joke or summin, coz the english in that sentence sucks.

mmmm... if i'm not mistaken all domestic 92-95 civic SIRs refered to EG9

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/honda/civic_ferio/1993_9/

@Rily

There are .. check out the site

Edited by Thusha

machan,

could any1 tel me wats the Vtec crossover range in a honda eg8 stock ecu and the rev limit of the stock ecu as well?

:unsure:

thanks

out of da house -sida-

7200ish is the rev limit..cross over at about 4800 if I'm not mistaken. Its around 5800 in the 3stage.

7200ish is the rev limit..cross over at about 4800 if I'm not mistaken. Its around 5800 in the 3stage.

thanks alot mate..

cheers

out of da house -sida-

true, according to the spec .. its 4800,

thanks alot for the info mate..

out of da house -sida-