• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gonna Buy A Civic Eg8

shanX

Depends on priorities m8..... if you're looking for Economy, with a slight sacrifice in performance, then go for the Eti.....

the MX is quicker...... but will be less economical....

Went saw it, It's a Dual carb, MX, good condition, body mint - asks for the first paint job :angry:, 100k kms done, full option and totally STOCK with a dull set of wheels , final sum 880k

Is the deal gud? <_<

:)

Thnx bro!

All MX are Dual carb then :( . EG8 MX spec is....

EG8 - MX - D15B - dual carb - 100HP@6300 - SOHC 1.5l

Is it??

Found on this Autopedia on Hondas and much more...

http://www.evotuners.com/hondafaq.htm (kwll info)

But I wonder why it has two stickers?? :) Still, which wud u prefer an MX or ETi for 900k? :)

Go grab it soon, get raceredge opinion too. But as for the price its very nominal. But bro take a good bass person and see if the body work is good. The 900k is a bit hard to beleive.But be positive and go with some experts and reserve it before its too late. And bring that over on 17th and you will meet dozens of Civic fans and experts where they will make you fly

i'm no civic expert but it seems a fair deal machan

Yeah yeah, i saw in another thread your opinon on Civics :angry:<_<

Go grab it soon, get raceredge opinion too. But as for the price its very nominal. But bro take a good bass person and see if the body work is good. The 900k is a bit hard to beleive.But be positive and go with some experts and reserve it before its too late. And bring that over on 17th and you will meet dozens of Civic fans and experts where they will make you fly

Yeah yeah, i saw in another thread your opinon on Civics :angry:<_<

adé i'm é guy who's saying the new civic is good bro! :)

Thnx guyz!

Yeah, am gonna get it ! Body, has no trouble, just needs new paints.

adé i'm é guy who's saying the new civic is good bro! <_<

but me no money much that :angry::)

Edited by shanX

Thnx guyz!

Yeah, am gonna get it ! Body, has no troiuble, just needs new paints.

Then dont make it an issue. Go go go and grab it soon. Its a deal too good to miss. Dont worry about the paint. If you are satisfid with the engine its better. And things like CV joint isues or small door closing isues is not to consider. Just GRAB IT TOMMOROW MORNING!!!

Then dont make it an issue. Go go go and grab it soon. Its a deal too good to miss. Dont worry about the paint. If you are satisfid with the engine its better. And things like CV joint isues or small door closing isues is not to consider. Just GRAB IT TOMMOROW MORNING!!!

<_< Not gonna buy it 2moro, around this week :)

I told paint, near the back of the car, around the petrol tank area, in both sides, there were rust bubbles sprouting up, not in the front though.. But I think it isnt issue, r8??

Engine shud be ok, i guess, coz owned by a family man, :angry: uncle! And by the looks, not even touched :) , coz greasy stuff ...etc, just dust :( Owner says, he has another vehicle, doesnt use this much ...etc and has no time to maintain this. So I guess am lucky ;):)

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the getting this old thread alive. But i need to ask something about EG8's. I'm going to buy VTEC eg8 for 14.75Laks. (YOM 1995, vtec, 1.6, manual, no any mods)

Is that worth to that price?

And when comparing 1.5L and 1.6L which one is keeping highest resale value?

And how to identify its VTEC or efi?

Thank You

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the getting this old thread alive. But i need to ask something about EG8's. I'm going to buy VTEC eg8 for 14.75Laks. (YOM 1995, vtec, 1.6, manual, no any mods)

Thank You

Is this a light blue colour car 19 - car?

Hi Guys,

Thank You

Is it a SiR one with B16A or a converted one.what I know is 1.6l ones have DOHC ,B series motor with 160 BHP and its available as SiR . You can easily recognize B series motor by its size. If you havent seen one, just go through komis project R thread and you will see his B18 which has a similar shape.Other one is a SOHC , D15B motor with 130 BHP.In these you can see the Vtec in the top of the valve cover. There is another varient as Vtec-E with 90 odd BHP and I think it has vtec-e printed on valve cover.( Please correct me if Im wrong) Edited by H.C

Is it a SiR one with B16A or a converted one.what I know is 1.6l ones have DOHC ,B series motor with 160 BHP and its available as SiR . You can easily recognize B series motor by its size. If you havent seen one, just go through komis project R thread and you will see his B18 which has a similar shape.Other one is a SOHC , D15B motor with 130 BHP.In these you can see the Vtec in the top of the valve cover. There is another varient as Vtec-E with 90 odd BHP and I think it has vtec-e printed on valve cover.( Please correct me if Im wrong)

It can be a D16Z too :)

^ nope, i dint buy that car, I went for a vtec EG instead ;)/>

Ah, thats even better. Need bit of your guidance regarding a engine swap to my eg. My biggest worry is that Im having a single carb motor and online data also limited about this as D15B3 is not that common.What do you think?.

Ah, thats even better. Need bit of your guidance regarding a engine swap to my eg. My biggest worry is that Im having a single carb motor and online data also limited about this as D15B3 is not that common.What do you think?.

Well, i don't know much about the conversion from carb to efi, but not gonna be an easy job, you might have some work on the car's fuel system and electronics too. As I have heard you might have to replace the petrol tank and add an inline fuel pump and petrol return lines, filter etc. And maybe you might also need engine bay to ecu and some interior wire harnesses? So am guessing it might cost 150-300k including engine+gb or more if you're getting a front cut. Anyway it is much better if you can go for a vtec model straightaway. But then if you can find the parts and capable of doing it, why not :D

shanX,

Conversion from Carburetor to EFI,

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-repair/how-to-complete-a-fuel-injection-conversion-carb-to-efi

Yes as you say that is not a very easy job in S/L to get a competent person to this with the knowledge of handling same.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Well, i don't know much about the conversion from carb to efi, but not gonna be an easy job, you might have some work on the car's fuel system and electronics too. As I have heard you might have to replace the petrol tank and add an inline fuel pump and petrol return lines, filter etc. And maybe you might also need engine bay to ecu and some interior wire harnesses? So am guessing it might cost 150-300k including engine+gb or more if you're getting a front cut. Anyway it is much better if you can go for a vtec model straightaway. But then if you can find the parts and capable of doing it, why not :D/>

My major worry is the fuel system. It seems like my one too have return line as well, but may need to change the tank. Positive paret is any d series tranys are (s20/s40) are compatible , so i can use my s20 box and axels.

Is it a SiR one with B16A or a converted one.what I know is 1.6l ones have DOHC ,B series motor with 160 BHP and its available as SiR . You can easily recognize B series motor by its size. If you havent seen one, just go through komis project R thread and you will see his B18 which has a similar shape.Other one is a SOHC , D15B motor with 130 BHP.In these you can see the Vtec in the top of the valve cover. There is another varient as Vtec-E with 90 odd BHP and I think it has vtec-e printed on valve cover.( Please correct me if Im wrong)

I inspect the car and it is a converted one. Previous owner has put this 1.6L engine and still didnt register it. car also in not good condition. so let it go.

My major worry is the fuel system. It seems like my one too have return line as well, but may need to change the tank. Positive paret is any d series tranys are (s20/s40) are compatible , so i can use my s20 box and axels.

Yup, but S20 non-vtec gearboxes and s40 ones have longer gear ratios than s20 vtec ones. Better if you can get a gb along with the D15B vtec. Axles are same afaik