• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gonna Buy A Civic Eg8

shanX

Am searching for a Civic EG8, a Manual one of 18,19... dash range (coz low budget). And guyz, I also need advice on what should I look for in a EG8 and what to look out for...

Advanced thanks.

Edited by shanX

EG8's are 18- and later, if its an EFI just make sure when you switch the ignition on, the check engine light should come on and then goes off after a few seconds. This should happen prior to cranking. Some of these so called great Honda re-sellers pull the Lamp out or wire it to the alternator (Bat. charging lamp) without correcting the issue. A single carb. goes for like 900k plus

All the best

I am sure all EG8s are 18 and above. I just did some calling on the sunday observer car section and carb model goes 1milion upwards.

EG8's are 18- and later, if its an EFI just make sure when you switch the ignition on, the check engine light should come on and then goes off after a few seconds. This should happen prior to cranking. Some of these so called great Honda re-sellers pull the Lamp out or wire it to the alternator (Bat. charging lamp) without correcting the issue. A single carb. goes for like 900k plus

All the best

Will a hatchback EG8 goes for that price? Anyway those hatchs are rare right?

Am searching for a Civic EG8, a Manual one of 16, 17, 18... dash range (coz low budget). And guyz, I also need advice on what should I look for in a EG8 and what to look out for...

Advanced thanks.

yeah like Zackmister told you.. there are no Eg's in the 16- to 17- range.. you'll find eg's only after 18-.. eg's are pretty expensive these days.. and yes it would be more than 900k.. #####

Edited by MADZ

I am sure all EG8s are 18 and above. I just did some calling on the sunday observer car section and carb model goes 1milion upwards.

Am gonna start going thru Observer calls :)

OMG Grand Civics, No thanks

And btw do EG8's hav market value, i mean would the price go on increasing?

Am gonna start going thru Observer calls :)

OMG Grand Civics, No thanks

And btw do EG8's hav market value, i mean would the price go on increasing?

well honda's have cought up with the market since of late.. so I'll leave it for you to do the thinking...

• 2 weeks later...

All the best

1993 Honda Civic EG8 - Overheats and Check Engine Light On

http://www.myhonestmechanic.com/articles/honda-civic.shtml

1993 Honda Civic EG8 - Overheats and Check Engine Light On

http://www.myhonestmechanic.com/articles/honda-civic.shtml

####

personally, i think the best all-round bet (performance/running cost) will be the Twin Carb MX

Cheers

Edited by MADZ

yup.. the MX is a wee bit bad on fuel but not if you change your gears within 1.5 and 2..

Dragster machan i wanted to have a chat with you at the G2G but couldn't..... see, my buddy has a stock MX, and he's thinking about modifying it (mostly mechanical)..... so i wanted to ask about your car..... how can i get in touch with you??

• 2 weeks later...

found a 93' EG8 MX for 900k, but owner doesnt know whether its a dual-carb, i guess it is ;)

are all MX's dual carb? and he says a its MX, coz it has a sticker :) and a ETi sticker too, hav to go and see...

would it be ok for tht price???

Edited by shanX

If its got two carbs its an MX. If its EFI and has a ETi sticker then its a ETi.

Thnx bro!

All MX are Dual carb then ;) . EG8 MX spec is....

EG8 - MX - D15B - dual carb - 100HP@6300 - SOHC 1.5l

Is it??

Found on this Autopedia on Hondas and much more...

http://www.evotuners.com/hondafaq.htm (kwll info)

But I wonder why it has two stickers?? :lol: Still, which wud u prefer an MX or ETi for 900k? ;)

Edited by shanX

But I wonder why it has two stickers?? :lol: Still, which wud u prefer an MX or ETi for 900k? ;)

Depends on priorities m8..... if you're looking for Economy, with a slight sacrifice in performance, then go for the Eti.....

the MX is quicker...... but will be less economical....

Dragster machan i wanted to have a chat with you at the G2G but couldn't..... see, my buddy has a stock MX, and he's thinking about modifying it (mostly mechanical)..... so i wanted to ask about your car..... how can i get in touch with you??

mail me on the below address bro..