• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

SMSC Super Cross 2007 @ Tissamaharamaya

MADZ

Hey guys this meet is scheduled to be worked of on the 20th & 21st January and it will be organised by SLAS. So this means that all the affiliated clubs will be involved in organising this meet and taking on certain responsibilities during the meet.

The MRA is running Round 1 of the 2007 National Rally Championship the weekend following the Carlton, on the 26th, 27th and 28th of January on the grounds of the Pelawatte Sugar Corporation. Whoever can should come, because it is an excellent rally, with fast, spectacular stages.

Hey is it true that they are giving a 100 % Duty Free Permit to the Winner of Super Car Event,

This will make the event more intresting. At least hope someone gets a chance of Ordering the Latest Evo 10.

I heard that too. But it seems like its any car upto 1000cc (or was it 1300cc?) Anyone wanna bring down a real cheap March :D

Also heard its 10 free permits. To be given to each class winner, or summin like that. A bit confused.

No Pericles, now they've gone back to the original plan of giving the SL-GT Class winner a permit for an SL-GT Class Car. The second permit will be awarded to the winner of a class yet un-named.

ohhhh.... Oughta be fun <_< Anything upto 3.5l? Too bad, I can almost see that Z at 3mill.... :lol:

ohhhh.... Oughta be fun :lol: Anything upto 3.5l? Too bad, I can almost see that Z at 3mill.... :(

excellent idea to promote motor sport in the island

but no respite for us desktop racers eh! B)

breaks ur heart doesnt it machan...i say trade in ur keyboard for a sparco race suit n head to Thissamaharamaya

or u could settle for a good ole ZX in the real world ;)<_<

aiyo aiyo life goes on for us normal folk né....but its luadable this giving the winner a permit business :D

No Pericles, now they've gone back to the original plan of giving the SL-GT Class winner a permit for an SL-GT Class Car. The second permit will be awarded to the winner of a class yet un-named.

Thanks for the Info KLM

Mahinda Chintanaya should allow at least 5-6 permits for the supercar drivers. Because having a New car makes a big difference in Super Car Racing on Tarmac. This will encourage many new comers as well.

Anyway This event will be a Super Event.

This is OT but pls read the following:

Dont count on the 100% duty free thing. Cos from what I have heard recently with regard to duty free shipments the story goes as this.

A guy has invested a vast amount of cash in gov treasury bonds hoping to get a duty concession according to what the treasury was offering. He got down a Prado or a Land cruiser according to the clearing guy on hi "duty free" permit. The vehicle came to SL and at customs he was told that only the customs duty is free according to the permit and you have to pay the rest (ie: VAT, PAL, CESS and etc which are the killers). Ultimately he has re-exported it back... Sad sad.....

You gotta be carefull when you think of duty free permits so as to not fall into the same hole.

On a note relative to Thissamaharama, Land Rover Owners Club will be having a convoy to Thissa from Colombo and some events scheduled for the evening after the practice sessions on 20th. Don't know more than that yet but shall follow up next week.

I am doubt can SMSC able to held this event on coming weekend due to heavy rains in that area. I heard 50% of Tissa area is undear water due to overflow of tanks around the city.

Its gonna to be a hot event if weather permits to do so.

Yes you are right about your prediction. The meet is postponed due to bad weather. :) The new date as of now is not known. However there are no dates before SLARDAR Katu which is scheduled for the 11th of Feb. As such Tissa will be towards the end of Feb / early March. Also the event will be conducted by SLAS and not SMSC.

Nishan Weerasuriya is Competing in His Evo 9 GT.

I guess this is the First Race for this New Evo 9 GT, also its after a long time he is competing in a Rally.

All the Best Nishan.

Actually the debut was at Kotmale.

http://thepadayas.net/media/videos/MVI_0900.AVI

http://thepadayas.net/media/videos/MVI_0905.AVI

http://thepadayas.net/media/videos/MVI_0908.AVI

Line up for Pelwatta Rally as follows. unfortunately i dont have the lineup for rest of the classes such as minis & Lasers.

1. Nishan Weerasooriya - Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

2. Dinesh Deheragoda - Mitsubishi Evo 9 GT

3. Reyaz Farook - Mitsubishi Evo 7 RS

4. Dinesh Senanayake - Toyota RAV4 2000cc I-C Turbo Celica 3S Engine

5. Shantha Suraweera - Subaru Sti3 Type RA

6. Rizvi Farook - Honda Civic 1800CC Twin Cam

Please note that all of above are competing for overall winner of the rally beside of their class win. Also intresting that Nishan in his evo 9 GT competing this rally and why not Dinesh Senanayake in his bullet RAV4 fixed with New Celica 3S engine running even without 34mm restrictor as he runs in T & J Open event. defenetely he'll give a good fight to evos for sure.

Official scrutinizing will be at prime autocare on tommorow 5.30pm.

Wish you all the competitors Good luck and enjoyable Rally .... :rolleyes:

Edited by Grand Civic