• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Venues For Car Meets?~sugeestions?

Devinda_Z

would anyone care to suggest some probable VENUES where a CAR MEET could be held ???

it seems that everytime all us petrol heads meet up its happens to be in 2 or 3 locations..

:P ..as a result proceedings have a tendeancy to be rather mundane...

so does anyone have an idea for a new location or a new concept - like a basement perhaps?

anything goes so, go nuts n suggest away guys :(

IDEAS PLEASE gentlemen :D

there are asking somewhere in colombo.....negombo is too far away for them!

hmmm yeah sorta... Negombo would be ideal for a weekend meet up where everyone could bring thier families etc

...but the need of the hour is more for something in n around colombo which is easily accesible without having to worry abt cop trouble , parking or even ppl in the nieghbourhood kicking up a storm...

it doesnt need to be 100% free...i'm sure we could arrange to make a small payment for the use of facilities,if its a car park or office bldg basement etc?

know any places that would fit the bill?

hmmm yeah sorta... Negombo would be ideal for a weekend meet up where everyone could bring thier families etc

...but the need of the hour is more for something in n around colombo which is easily accesible without having to worry abt cop trouble , parking or even ppl in the nieghbourhood kicking up a storm...

it doesnt need to be 100% free...i'm sure we could arrange to make a small payment for the use of facilities,if its a car park or office bldg basement etc?

MIT car park, Malabe has capability, as long as people behave. Which should be ok, I mean, everyone was well behaved at the last Nissan meet. Which is more than I can say for the last meet before that which I had to cover at the Autodrome . :D

Bro if you have it in Negombo me, satan,ashan,miniace,dinosh and other friends will give you a big hand. But then again if its too far away it would be a problem

MIT car park, Malabe has capability, as long as people behave. Which should be ok, I mean, everyone was well behaved at the last Nissan meet. Which is more than I can say for the last meet before that which I had to cover at the Autodrome . :P

lol your being bias now. I think there was like 6 times more cars the the earlier meet you refer to :D besides dragster was one of the organizers.

Actually marine drive is lovely on weekend afternoons- as long as know one f*cks with the army.

lol your being bias now. I think there was like 6 times more cars the the earlier meet you refer to :D besides dragster was one of the organizers.

Actually marine drive is lovely on weekend afternoons- as long as know one f*cks with the army.

hmmm but it can get a tad crowded...& yes in addition to the army u have those insane creatures who go for thier "health walks , jogs n do calisthetics on the blooming rd!

:P

the MIT car park sounds prominsing :D

lol your being bias now. I think there was like 6 times more cars the the earlier meet you refer to :P besides dragster was one of the organizers.

I was always biased :D But u cannot deny there was one nut who was trying to do 180s in the middle of the crowd before being asked to leave and quite a few who were trying to wheelie in the middle of the crowd too.

Marine drive is interesting. The last Mini gathering I went too ended up there too.

Bro if you have it in Negombo me, satan,ashan,miniace,dinosh and other friends will give you a big hand. But then again if its too far away it would be a problem

hey thanx for the support machang....but for the time being heading outta the city is a poddak issue cuz in terms of the NISMO club we're just starting up,so dont have a solid or set base of memebers yet so ease of acess is a big concern when trying to figure out a venue etc

appreciate ur help man

hey on another note did u'll see the island on duplication has been removed!!! :D they're really going to town with this one way traffic plan eh! :D all kudos to em IF they pull it off sucessfully.... :P

:P lol me too is known to do a jog that-a-way once in a way. Its not that bad really. :D

...ado sorry machang...uh didnt know that... :) ...i've found myself steering violently to avoid middleaged pot bellied gentlemen fläling thier arms abt as if to take flight as part of thier fitness regiem! :D

i'll be more careful next time now that i know fellow AL posters r on the loose! :D

Of course...my hospitality and "services" on offer.Negombo beach park is a lovely place.lots of dine spots around too.

Marine drive is interesting. The last Mini gathering I went too ended up there too.

Marine drive is a nice location.I enjoyed tha last outing there with the Mighty Mini Club crowd.

...ado sorry machang...uh didnt know that... :D ...i've found myself steering violently to avoid middleaged pot bellied gentlemen fläling thier arms abt as if to take flight as part of thier fitness regiem! :P

i'll be more careful next time now that i know fellow AL posters r on the loose! :D

pilawoos is another potbellied gentleman who blends with the rest :D jk

lol You'll all a real set of Good fella's yeah! I'm working on that pot belly FYI! :P Come to think of its I dont have a pot belly! Just a six pack covered by too many six packs! And no I dont blend with the rest! They dont like me cause I drive too fast come'n there! OT OT

Its anyway a good venue. Even the back road of Independence is good(near SSC)

Edited by Pilawoos

• 2 weeks later...

You know, I went to Richard Peiris the other day (Hyde Park), and I realized that the car park is also an idea for a venue...... It's plenty big, and now quite well sufaced....... only problem wud be approval tho :lol:

Ya true, i was thinking along the same lines. Approval's the problem but then again that car park is usually never full ... :D

Ya true, i was thinking along the same lines. Approval's the problem but then again that car park is usually never full ... :lol:

True.... the car park on the other side fulfils the needs of most customers...... do we have any method of getting approval?

Madz? any ideas??