• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Any Bmw 330ci Drivers?

Blazin

Foget the snob image man. If you can get a 330Ci for ten grand, that's a steal! I'll learn to live with any image :grinning-smiley-043: !

230bhp straight six, RWD with class leading ride and hadling, full four seater with a boot and only the M3 sitting above it!! Go for it!

the 330Ci came as both coupe and convertible... my uncle owned a convertible 330Ci with the sport package (M alloy wheels and the works) which he bought brand new and sold almost a year later due to poor mileage... you can blame central london congestion for that... the car was superb and it was my first experience with a GPS system :grinning-smiley-043: never got a chance to drive it but i'd pick it over the S3...

machan OD... the 330Ci has 230bhp... not 290 from what i remember :dance2:

Oh yeah, the ladies love the soft top 330/325ci's. Very nice looking. specially the angle eye face lift model.

You are right shak, 230, ( I can clearly confirm that the internet sometimes gives out false info)

Had the pleasure of driving a A4 2.O T FSI, i think has 200 bhp, lot of torque, felt good but ot as responsive like a BM for sure. Feels very heavy. Super built quality.

The jap cars are considered more reliable here and tend to depreciate a little bit slower.

DON the beemer has some what got the same reputation of a porsche now. Everybody's got one, but is a damn good car.

Edited by Overdrive

Foget the snob image man. If you can get a 330Ci for ten grand, that's a steal! I'll learn to live with any image :dance2: !

230bhp straight six, RWD with class leading ride and hadling, full four seater with a boot and only the M3 sitting above it!! Go for it!

Yea I'm tempted man, i don't think i can find an average millage 330ci sport manual for 10 grand. Its hard enough finding a manual on its own. But I'll keep looking. I know its out there...somewhere! :grinning-smiley-043:

I have 2004 e46 M3 which is based on the 330ci. I am not sure how the handling would be on 330 but the M3 has very percise handling which is very amazing. I dont know if it is econmical to maintain and I have heard this car attracts theives, however it is much better looking than the skyline and the interior material would me much better. I am not sure about prices in the UK but I think you can get a porsche boxster four about the same price as a 330ci. Hope this helps if there is anymore questions let me know.

Lalith

Edited by Lalithster

I have 2004 e46 M3 which is based on the 330ci. I am not sure how the handling would be on 330 but the M3 has very percise handling which is very amazing. I dont know if it is econmical to maintain and I have heard this car attracts theives, however it is much better looking than the skyline and the interior material would me much better. I am not sure about prices in the UK but I think you can get a porsche boxster four about the same price as a 330ci. Hope this helps if there is anymore questions let me know.

Lalith

are boxsters that cheap?last i heard they're still holding their prices... good suggestion but 4 seater 330Ci vs 2 seater boxster... and you'll need a boxster S to make an impression :grinning-smiley-043:

Yea I'm tempted man, i don't think i can find an average millage 330ci sport manual for 10 grand. Its hard enough finding a manual on its own. But I'll keep looking. I know its out there...somewhere! :grinning-smiley-043:

Hi Blazin, since you're in the UK.....

I have got a friend over there who owns two BMs including a 330i. I've just invited him to this forum. Hopefully he'll join.

He usually gets great deals.

are boxsters that cheap?last i heard they're still holding their prices... good suggestion but 4 seater 330Ci vs 2 seater boxster... and you'll need a boxster S to make an impression :dance2:

I'd be surprised if they were. I don't think you will get a Boxter for less that 20k Pounds.

Hi Blazin, since you're in the UK.....

I have got a friend over there who owns two BMs including a 330i. I've just invited him to this forum. Hopefully he'll join.

He usually gets great deals.

I'd be surprised if they were. I don't think you will get a Boxter for less that 20k Pounds.

Like I said I dont know about UK prices but here you can get a 2000 porsche boxster s for around 11,000 pounds and 2001 330ci is about 13,000 pounds.

Well if Blazin is in the Mood for 2 seaters, then there is always the Z3 is as well (though personally I think the Z3 does not look very sharp especially compared to a Z4 though the Z4 might be beyond budget)

There is always the Lotus ellise as well though I don't know which insuarance group that belongs to.

Well if Blazin is in the Mood for 2 seaters, then there is always the Z3 is as well (though personally I think the Z3 does not look very sharp especially compared to a Z4 though the Z4 might be beyond budget)

There is always the Lotus ellise as well though I don't know which insuarance group that belongs to.

Yea I've considered them all. With the lotus, I can only get the one with the Rover K-Series engin, which is crap.

And I don't really like the look of Z3.

Honda S2000 is nice but too pricey, and got the same problem with the VTEC not being used in normal driving.

Actually, for about £800 you can get the ECU remapped from Hondata to improve the low down thottle response on teh Type-R. So thats an option a swell. :grinning-smiley-043:

Like I said I dont know about UK prices but here you can get a 2000 porsche boxster s for around 11,000 pounds and 2001 330ci is about 13,000 pounds.

In UK, the Boxter has held its value quite well, you can get a 97 basic spec (ithink 2.5 litre) on efor about £10-11, but the 3.2S is M3 E36 money, and I'd always rather get an M3 instead. They are wicked, still very expensive here, but I guess with the new M3 4.0 litre V8 coming out, they prices might drop.

In UK, the Boxter has held its value quite well, you can get a 97 basic spec (ithink 2.5 litre) on efor about £10-11, but the 3.2S is M3 E36 money, and I'd always rather get an M3 instead. They are wicked, still very expensive here, but I guess with the new M3 4.0 litre V8 coming out, they prices might drop.

so why don't you just wait till M3 prices drop?? you'll probably have more cash in hand too... oh and speaking of the E36 check this out... was in my uni car park :grinning-smiley-043:

picture21te6.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I've finally got my hands on the 330Ci. After months of deciding, as you can see from the start date of this thread. :blink:

One day I went for an impulse buy on e-bay! Its so good to drive, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the sound system. Any other BMW drivers found that as well?

Check out the pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Need to sell my Civic now. :(

CONGRATS!! nice looking ride man. I love that color. Personally.. I have found the best sound system in a bimmer to be under the hood, turn down the volume and enjoy

is it a M/T? enjoy!

p.s. i see you've got one of those garages that would only fit a mini lol...

I was thinking the same thing too (looks to me like the stereotypical garages of UK) u can get out of the sunroof once u park.

however, I have no garage right now...just a long-ass driveway so, ur better off than me :)

also is that a ZHP by any chance?

CONGRATS!! nice looking ride man. I love that color. Personally.. I have found the best sound system in a bimmer to be under the hood, turn down the volume and enjoy

is it a M/T? enjoy!

Yea you are right there man. 3 litre straight six is a beautiful sound track, beats Beethoven anyday. Yea its a manual, i'm not a big fan of autos.

beautiful car blazin... congrats... how much would a Y plate cost you these days? 15k?

p.s. i see you've got one of those garages that would only fit a mini lol...

I got a good deal, 2001, 44k miles. £11k. So its worth shopping around. The guy I got it off got banned for drink driving. :unsure: So he had to get rid of it quick time.

lol. Yea that garage is bloody useless, you need to loose the side mirrors to get a car in there.

I was thinking the same thing too (looks to me like the stereotypical garages of UK) u can get out of the sunroof once u park.

however, I have no garage right now...just a long-ass driveway so, ur better off than me :)

also is that a ZHP by any chance?

Whats a ZHP man??

A guy came to buy my Type-R today, apparantly he had a BMW 318Ci and it got nicked a couple of weeks ago. They broke the glass, got into the car, put the hand brake down and pushed it into a truck and driven off! :blink: So I might try and get my car into that garage somehow.

Very nice bro. I cant hear my radio anymore after the gruppe M upgrade but my car came with the harmon/kardon sound system with really good highs and deep base.

btw ZHP is the performace version of the 330ci and I think its only american market. the power increased by 10hp and added some exterior mods to make it look like the M3.

Another reason why the driver profile section would be great

Hey guys, I've finally got my hands on the 330Ci. After months of deciding, as you can see from the start date of this thread. :blink:

One day I went for an impulse buy on e-bay! Its so good to drive, but I'm a bit dissapointed with the sound system. Any other BMW drivers found that as well?

Check the BMW forums everywhere, almost everyone is complaining. Also in SL we pay twice what you have paid for the 330Ci to get a 320D! What a shame.

PS: So every Honda owners dream is to buy a BMW someday. LOL

I think Europe only gets the ZHP version, because its a standard 231bhp. And I think its 221bhp in States, right? I don't think I'll do any mods to it for now. Its already killing me on fuel!

Only thing i might do is to try and sort out the sound system, I don't think I can live with that.

I was back in SL about a month back, and the car prices are a joke. Only good thing is you don't loose money on your car in SL, you can probably sell it for more after a year.

I think Europe only gets the ZHP version, because its a standard 231bhp. And I think its 221bhp in States, right?

Thats what I was thinking, cos the E46 ZHPs weren't offered in the US until 03 but I u always get better options across the pond.

I just asked cos I had heard that euro 330s have the extra 10hp (there are just way too many option packages anymore) here's a nice link explaining the options

Edited by dhp