• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Insurance Scheme Is Better V*P Or F****** P**

Memphis

The best insurance company is the company that you have a contact inside. If you don't have a contact, make one! Usually a nice bottle of whisky helps to make lifelong friends.

I'm with MBSL. Didn't have any problems in making claims. But I know MBSL is one of the worst but its also probably the cheapest. I know people who have been screwed by j********i, c******o, AIA, Asian Alliance and the likes. We had a forum member who successfully turned tables on Asian Alliance. Union Assurance has bigger horror stories than anyone else who's name I have mentioned here.

So the whole question of "who is the best insurer" is very subjective...

• Like 5

C******o is one of the worst Insurance companies around….you wont what they did with my dad’s jeep…

One day he was on the rajagiriya road and right opposite the Rajagiriya Sathosa.. and this van (hiace-dolphin) comes wham into the back of the jeep (G.Vitara)…. The guy was speeding like hell.. and the reason… well apparently the van was one that was financed by Seylan Bank (or some other leasing company of C******o, cant remember now) to some guy and he hadn’t paid the installments.. and the people in the van when the accident happened were the Bank’s seizers…. And the van had been seized no more than 20 minutes ago..

The police came along and things needed to be done were done… on a latter date C******o came took a look at our jeep, and said they were sorry about it and not to worry that it wont be a issue fixing it.. and it wont be a issue since the insured vehicle (the van) is owned by one of their sister companies our claim would be honoured.. the quotation was sent to C******o and they approved it and sent it back to us and Brown’s (then Agents for Suzuki) did the repair and it cost around 150,000 bucks. And since everything was in order at that time, my father settled the bill with browns with the intention of reimbursing it from C******o.. and when we called ceylinvo after the repair they said give us a ‘day to process it, and we’ll get back to you’ 3 or 4 days go by, and still no news… and when we call them back they say “we’re sorry.. you’re a 3rd party affected by the accident and you’re not the insured party, and we pay only upto 15,000 for 3rd parties affected…” now this is coming from the same PERSON who assured us not to worry and signed and approved the repair very well knowing we weren’t the insured party...

Now this shows that we cant take their own WRITTEN word… and when did this hapen you ask.... wel,l get this... December 2001.. and a case was filed

And another deal.. a friend of mine has a A4 and with comprehensive… he once opened his door and a 3wheeler overtaking fron the wrong side ripped the door off… and the door had to be replaced… now obviously that car cant be driven without a driver’s door…. and the agent had said the door would have to be imported from Germany and that’d take over 2-3 weeks and to leave the car at the workshop till then… and when he went to C******o they say “well, the repair (of fixing the new door) is one day’s job so we cant give you ANY (let alone identical) replacement vehicle.. we cant help it if the agent doesn’t have a door…”

now that’s just their quality of service…

So it ell you don’t goto C******o…If you MUST get comprehensive goto SL Insurance..

smile.gif

to add here about the same crappy company, and not about cars though, When My dad's hotel was flooded for 4 feet and was all but mud in there, a repaint was necessary. You know how the approval came? cost of paint for 4 feet from the ground :P My dad called and threatened them that he will put up a large board on a paddy field with all the pictures (Same days when they were boasting about how they comprehensively paid shops that were burnt etc.) and managed to get a mere 150000/= which was better than what they previously approved.

Incidently, V*P must be desparate for business. They have started a new program where they 'guarantee' a fully insured, newly registered car for 10 years, bumper to bumper. Already knowing how these vamps operate, i had to find out what this wonderous policy is all about.

1. Guaranteed for 10 years- as long as keep insuring with them (fair enough)

2. Bumper to Bumper meaning everything that happens to the car, including manufacturing defects, recalls, etc (this, i have to say, sounded really good)

3. Parts Repair & Replacement value at 100%

So...here's the cincher. There's no printed document on this- they'll happily give you the standard insurance policy flyer and say it's inclusive since you are getting full coverage. But there's no official documentation (I have requested repeatedly, thus far) that states the above- aside from a vague webpage on their site. Go figure.

The sales guy did say they'll include it in the policy schedule AFTER it's taken on....(ie. pay). And it ain't cheap...about 10-15% more than the average quote one may get from other companies.

They do get brownie points for showing up wherever I wanted and giving me a temporary cover FOC until i decide...but the moment i asked for documentation, i got crickets.

Hope no one got suckered into this- i can see them making quite a packet by hoodwinking the unaware/gullible.

Edited by gunat

The best insurance company is the company that you have a contact inside. If you don't have a contact, make one! Usually a nice bottle of whisky helps to make lifelong friends.

I'm with MBSL. Didn't have any problems in making claims. But I know MBSL is one of the worst but its also probably the cheapest. I know people who have been screwed by j********i, c******o, AIA, Asian Alliance and the likes. We had a forum member who successfully turned tables on Asian Alliance. Union Assurance has bigger horror stories than anyone else who's name I have mentioned here.

So the whole question of "who is the best insurer" is very subjective...

Incidently, V*P must be desparate for business. They have started a new program where they 'guarantee' a fully insured, newly registered car for 10 years, bumper to bumper. Already knowing how these vamps operate, i had to find out what this wonderous policy is all about.

1. Guaranteed for 10 years- as long as keep insuring with them (fair enough)

2. Bumper to Bumper meaning everything that happens to the car, including manufacturing defects, recalls, etc (this, i have to say, sounded really good)

3. Parts Repair & Replacement value at 100%

So...here's the cincher. There's no printed document on this- they'll happily give you the standard insurance policy flyer and say it's inclusive since you are getting full coverage. But there's no official documentation (I have requested repeatedly, thus far) that states the above- aside from a vague webpage on their site. Go figure.

The sales guy did say they'll include it in the policy schedule AFTER it's taken on....(ie. pay). And it ain't cheap...about 10-15% more than the average quote one may get from other companies.

They do get brownie points for showing up wherever I wanted and giving me a temporary cover FOC until i decide...but the moment i asked for documentation, i got crickets.

Hope no one got suckered into this- i can see them making quite a packet by hoodwinking the unaware/gullible.

Surprised why an insurer does not respect the very basic and established principles of insurance. When it comes to insurance policies the criteria "caveat emptor" is replaced by the notion "uberrimae fidei". Hence both insurer and insured should disclose the complete information pertaining to the contract to one another. On the other hand, "keeping an inside contact" is also against the insurance principles. Both parties, while keeping the utmost faith in one another in entering into the contract, are supposed to keep their relationship at arms-length. In a real world the things are not this perfect I know, and I too keep a personal contact for my convenience :D.