• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

3 Series Coupe?

jterminator

I heard thats not really a 760Li but a smaller engined car which was bought from an insurance company and built up to what it is. That may be the reason the interior needed work. Anybody know the details?

that sounds quite probable...

also dos he still have that BMW 8 series?? LHD né? wut would a car like that fetch?

does anyone know wut the rules r on importing a car n having it registed - for instance i there a maximum time limit that u need to adhere from the date of import to the date of registration??

cuz u see cars like R*mani's 350Z & this 8series around town with garage plates for years upon years... :huh:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting to note that A*mal has a HAMAN tuned cobalt blue 760Li ....but the car supposedly came to the agents without an interior n needing lotsa attention :huh: but its one head turning luxury barge! :D

that car is definitely not a 760, it's just badged... and i heard a similar story on that car as well...can't confirm though..

interesting to note that A*mal has a HAMAN tuned cobalt blue 760Li ....but the car supposedly came to the agents without an interior n needing lotsa attention :huh: but its one head turning luxury barge! :D

I heard thats not really a 760Li but a smaller engined car which was bought from an insurance company and built up to what it is. That may be the reason the interior needed work. Anybody know the details?

Yep it's not a 760. It is a accident damaged car which was bouhgt for cheap and then re-built. All the Hamaan parts are there for show...

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed there are way more mercs than BMWs in Sri Lanka? D*MO even has a huge Merc meet at BMICH.

Merc is a much older brand in Sri Lanka. BMW came only 1988 I think with the E30. So its no surprise that Merc is a stronger brand in SL.

there is a 325ci E46 model

A realy beauty. But heftly price tag.

I know there is a 323i Coupe unregistered and the owner is looking to sell. Its an E46 02 model. He paid 19.5 for it 2 years ago and wants 12 or so. I reckon haggle and he'll sell for less.

I know there is a 323i Coupe unregistered and the owner is looking to sell. Its an E46 02 model. He paid 19.5 for it 2 years ago and wants 12 or so. I reckon haggle and he'll sell for less.

19.5 for a recon E46 quite steep even by the current duty levels. The 320D brand new face lifted versions were being offered at 7 million less than 2 years ago.

We paid 3.8mil for a 318 Bnew in 99. The 323 was quoted at 4.8 mil at the time.

19.5 for a recon E46 quite steep even by the current duty levels. The 320D brand new face lifted versions were being offered at 7 million less than 2 years ago.

We paid 3.8mil for a 318 Bnew in 99. The 323 was quoted at 4.8 mil at the time.

I know. There was some cock up during importing the vehicle at the time and the guy has paid full duty (some additional charge).

I dont know for what exactly for but I heard it from the owner himself.

I know. There was some cock up during importing the vehicle at the time and the guy has paid full duty (some additional charge).

I dont know for what exactly for but I heard it from the owner himself.

i feel for é guy....cant blame him for bringing down such a nice car...but he's royally Scr*w*d cuz even the Brand new BMW 3 goes for abt 15 mil from é agents so....i dont see anyone paying anything over 10 for a car which is 5 yrs older and got 2 less doors! :blink:

• 4 years later...

There is a pre-facelift 330i and a silver 325ci in the country. Both are 'K' series plates. Not sure about the price or whether they would be sold by their current owners, but I am sure they would be quite high due to exclusivity in SL.

Was informed one changed hands for around the 5.5 mil mark recently :huh:

There was an E36 convertible for sale for 5.2Mn with only ~6k kms on the ODO. Not sure of the one that changed hands for 5.5Mn. Was it an E36 or E46?