• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porkster's Nissan Project (pics)

Hola

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who did the painting? you or rohith? jkz .. just kiddin lol...

BTW... Christmas is approachin n a deadlinez comin close eh? ;-)

@ Porkster - a noob question lmao.. does ya ecu directly replace the stock ecu on ya car or is a linkup so as to manipulate the ECU to work the way ya want? Whats the difference between ya ECU and the HKS Piggyback stuff eh?

Zz

Hi Zz,

Yes Rohith does the paint nobody else, regardless of the millenia it takes he's my man. The standalone does just that it replaces the exisiting ecu completely we swap it out and add a new harness and splice the stock wiring onto it. The piggyback like my HKS controls only the fuel/air parameters and it piggybacks off the stock ecu, so the stock ecu isn't swapped out, with a standalone you have better control over all you functions including ignition. I have an HKS Igntion Amp too so we will try and fit that in when we go boost but with boost you have to be careful with the ingition timing so as not to cause detonation. Still I feel a stronger properly timed spark will help in cleaner and bettr combustion.

Also with the aux output control I can control and set the boost and alky injection. Chrsitmas looks like it won't happen, unlike the states it takes a year of sundays to get anything done around here bro :rolleyes:

Pics we didn't get a chance to take good ones as yet I have some old ones but that is with very few mods anyhow some like the lsd and clutch won't be seen as I didn't take pics when we we're swapping it out. Hopefully when Hola gets back we take em and post sorry for the delay.

Cheers, Porky

Hi Zz,

Yes Rohith does the paint nobody else, regardless of the millenia it takes he's my man. The standalone does just that it replaces the exisiting ecu completely we swap it out and add a new harness and splice the stock wiring onto it. The piggyback like my HKS controls only the fuel/air parameters and it piggybacks off the stock ecu, so the stock ecu isn't swapped out, with a standalone you have better control over all you functions including ignition. I have an HKS Igntion Amp too so we will try and fit that in when we go boost but with boost you have to be careful with the ingition timing so as not to cause detonation. Still I feel a stronger properly timed spark will help in cleaner and bettr combustion.

Also with the aux output control I can control and set the boost and alky injection. Chrsitmas looks like it won't happen, unlike the states it takes a year of sundays to get anything done around here bro :rolleyes:

Pics we didn't get a chance to take good ones as yet I have some old ones but that is with very few mods anyhow some like the lsd and clutch won't be seen as I didn't take pics when we we're swapping it out. Hopefully when Hola gets back we take em and post sorry for the delay.

Cheers, Porky

hehe.. takes a millenia eh? oh well.. slow n steady always kinda wins the race as they say.. dude.. wont different cars require different ecu s? i mean, the toyota range of cars most probably would have a different set of methods so as to have the components/configurations of the car manipulated in comparison to the nissan range of cars right? so would buying an ECU mean that a compatible one be sought after or else does all ECU in all car kinda follow the same basic rules as in all models? Wel basically what I mean is that a Windows software cannot run in an Linux OS.. so wouldnt the same principle apply here in terms of the the cars having varying ECU functions etc.?

Oh wel.. with the added time though you could finalize the thingy for perfection yeah? awaitin the unveiling of the devil nevertheless.. hehe.. work would become slower to wit da holidayz comin.. start growlin @ em to make things quicker! :o

Zz

Edited by neXGen

• 2 years later...
Thought of resurrecting this thread, having seen the car talked about here on another site., but tht was with the stuff for sale.

Does that mean the project got cancelled??? me confused.

Met with an accident what I've heard

Edited by ash