• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porkster's Nissan Project (pics)

Hola

@ Pila - the stuff you might want :wild:http://cgi.ebay.com/TAIL-LIGHT-TINTING-TIN...1QQcmdZViewItem

@ Porkster - dude.. is that the correct thingy?

Zz

Hey Z,

No that is not the brand I used I used this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VHT-Nitesha...sspagenameZWDVW

As for this Trans Asia thingy Hola is a bit sensitive to that issue because we had a small run in with the long arm of the law there once after testing a car......so he must be thinking the same has happened again I don't think he means any offense....do you Hola? Now be a nice boy and try and get along with your fellow forum members OK?

Cheers, Porky

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gearbox was converted to a friction type LSD that I got from JGY customs in US and running Mobil LSD gearbox oil with a stage three performance clutch setup that can hold upto 280ft.lb of torque which I think will suffice if I hit the 300bhp mark. The car grips very well now and as I mentioned earlies I also set the Toe and Camber accordingly.

Ratios?

Ratios?

Hey Pila,

Ratios I have not changed, as I really can't figure out how to do it, if you have an idea you may please enlighten me I will be more than glad to listen. All parts sites I visited don't have the gears.

Cheers, Porky

Hey Pila,

Ratios I have not changed, as I really can't figure out how to do it, if you have an idea you may please enlighten me I will be more than glad to listen. All parts sites I visited don't have the gears.

Cheers, Porky

So you mean your running a stock gear box with LSD right? Just curious to know what gear ratios come with that..

Changing them? Hmm sorry dude donno jack about after market stuff for this setup.. But I guess you can get machine shop in the US to get a straight cut grind for you or maybe swap wheels with another Nissan motor gear box maybe? But then again this setup may suite you the best.

Edited by Pilawoos

So you mean your running a stock gear box with LSD right? Just curious to know what gear ratios come with that..

Changing them? Hmm sorry dude donno jack about after market stuff for this setup.. But I guess you can get machine shop in the US to get a straight cut grind for you or maybe swap wheels with another Nissan motor gear box maybe? But then again this setup may suite you the best.

Well yes it is the stock gearbox, what we did was pull out the differential and insert the spring load friction plates from JGY customs between the spider gears. We had to grind down the gears a bit using a lathe in order to make it fit but now it is fine. Gear Ratios are stock.

I will be on the lookout and see if I can just buy close ratio gears off Nismo but from my previous research I drew a blank and also changing ratios is tricky business and has to be done by a pro.

Cheers, Porky

• 3 weeks later...

Ricy if you ask me, but to each their own. Hope theres some sr or ca variant under that hood.

Hi,

Well I don't have pink seats and neon under the car, nor stickers along the fender with brand names of stuff I don't have in the car and painted some God awful color like chameleon green/purple.....so yes to each his own. The kit is functionally designed to help apply downforce where needed and increase airflow to the intercooler and brakes.

Enginewise, no I am not going the easy SR or CA swap but rather a custom turbo setup on a GA. It has been done before and can be done and I plan on being the 1st Sri Lankan to do it.

Cheers, Porky

gotta say, getting clean paint and body work done in lanka isn't cheap or easy, so nice job getting that done. while everyone has their own sense of style, i am curious as to why you went for body mods before performance mods. you say that your body kit has aerodynamic benefits, but few companies bother to get wind tunnel data or even consider aerodynamics during the design of their kits. where'd you get your info from? i would love to see how the brake ducts are set up.

i am surprised you did not spring for the nismo lsd, considering it would last longer and would not require ring and pinion modification. speaking of which, did you seriously grind down the ring and pinion rather than shim the plates? that may compromise the strength of the setup, but hey, it's your ride. the phantom-grip style lsds don't have a great rep in the states because they don't last as long as even a vlsd; one can hope it lasts for a while in your setup.

whom did you choose for your ecu? i know jwt has cracked the us-spec ecu, but getting new programs burned to their ecus isn't cheap, so i guess you are using something else for ease of tuning.

finally, why go with a header and intake + other n/a mods if you were planning to go turbo to begin with? that's quite a bit of money spent on stuff that you won't be able to use once you go for boost. it may have been easier to get a pulsar gti-r front clip and swap that sr20det in there. doing things differently is cool, but it requires a lot of prior planning and understanding in order to properly execute it, and with a distinct lack of aftermarket parts supplies and availability in lanka, it can't be easy, or cheap.

edit: noticed you have your parts list in your profile. that ems has a bunch of features; it's not popular in the states but it looks good on paper. why choose that over, say, autronic or motec or wolf?

the turbo strikes me as sounding oversized, but since i have no idea what size the compressor wheel and housings are, i can't say for sure. what i can say is that's an impressive amount of cash being dumped into a sunny; more power to you.

Edited by pr0craztinazn

gotta say, getting clean paint and body work done in lanka isn't cheap or easy, so nice job getting that done. while everyone has their own sense of style, i am curious as to why you went for body mods before performance mods. you say that your body kit has aerodynamic benefits, but few companies bother to get wind tunnel data or even consider aerodynamics during the design of their kits. where'd you get your info from? i would love to see how the brake ducts are set up.

i am surprised you did not spring for the nismo lsd, considering it would last longer and would not require ring and pinion modification. speaking of which, did you seriously grind down the ring and pinion rather than shim the plates? that may compromise the strength of the setup, but hey, it's your ride. the phantom-grip style lsds don't have a great rep in the states because they don't last as long as even a vlsd; one can hope it lasts for a while in your setup.

whom did you choose for your ecu? i know jwt has cracked the us-spec ecu, but getting new programs burned to their ecus isn't cheap, so i guess you are using something else for ease of tuning.

finally, why go with a header and intake + other n/a mods if you were planning to go turbo to begin with? that's quite a bit of money spent on stuff that you won't be able to use once you go for boost. it may have been easier to get a pulsar gti-r front clip and swap that sr20det in there. doing things differently is cool, but it requires a lot of prior planning and understanding in order to properly execute it, and with a distinct lack of aftermarket parts supplies and availability in lanka, it can't be easy, or cheap.

edit: noticed you have your parts list in your profile. that ems has a bunch of features; it's not popular in the states but it looks good on paper. why choose that over, say, autronic or motec or wolf?

the turbo strikes me as sounding oversized, but since i have no idea what size the compressor wheel and housings are, i can't say for sure. what i can say is that's an impressive amount of cash being dumped into a sunny; more power to you.

Hi,

With the kit we basically did a copy of another that was made for a silvia and a skyline and customised it a bit to fit the 200sx. Yes the bodywork and paint weren't cheap but that's what being an enthusiast is about I guess B) I actually did the engine mods before doing the bodywork but went only as far as N/A mods as I wasn't thinking of going turbo at the time. As for the brakes I have to upgrade the crappy stock to the Nismos and the 4pots with larger rotors but that will go in at the same time as the turbo, when the are setup we will finish the ducting that lead from the front to the sides as the ducting positioning will depend on how the brakes finally end up.

I would have gone for a Nismo lsd if it was offered for my gearbox but it isn't catered to by Nismo. The grinding (shaving more like)was done only minimally to the spider gears insde the differential and within the tolerances indicated by JGY I went with JGY as it is better than Phantom Grip. With regular changes in the tranny oil and running a properly bedded clutch/flywheel setup (currently going with fidanza and stage 3) it will last a good time without crapping out whereas with a vlsd the viscous goes and you're done. Also I suppose it helps if you know how to drive within your limits.

I went with EMS standalone because it had the features (aux outputs for alky injection etc) I wanted for the right price and also my friend who is helping me with the project knows how to tune on it. EMS are quite popular in Aussie and standalones are waaay better than JWT eproms.

As for why I went the N/A route I have mentioned earlier, I wanted to go boost after the costs of cars in Sri Lanka went over the costs of houses. Even with all the money spent and yes it is quite a bit it will still be cheaper than most cars with not even half the options or features B) all my after market parts are sent from the US as I was there earlier and have good contacts and also from Japan, HK and Aussie also my bro is there so he helps alot. :)

Can't go with a gti-r swap as the gearing on it is messed due to the gtir being 4 wd also the swap is difficult would be easier to go with a normal s20det swap...but as I said before I don't want to go that route my turbo is a Nissan Ceramic 16V turbo which is a t3/4 hybrid it has a t-3 turbine thats smaller and spins faster reducing lag. The compressor is a t-4 thats bigger, so more air is sucked in while less gasses are used to turn it. It works fine for a quick spool turbo for a small displacement engine anywhere from 1.5l-2.2l.

Thanks for your vote of confidence will keep posting as the project prgresses.

Cheers, Porky

Edited by porkster

ehhhem... just for the record Zacky has started doing custom ECU tuning for Nissans too.

Hi,

Thanks for that info but I'm going to stick with Nadeera since he has the dealrship for both Motec and EMS.

Cheers, Porky

u and your zackie :D:):lol:

Hey hola.. Where are da engine bay pics of this car u prommised..? Post some pics of the engine and other mechanics if possible will ya... :)

Thanks in advance..

Cheers..!!

Hey hola.. Where are da engine bay pics of this car u prommised..? Post some pics of the engine and other mechanics if possible will ya... :lol:

Thanks in advance..

Cheers..!!

hey there,

Sorry bro, now im out of the country, wil lpost the pics in another week time.. Sorry for the delay. By the way we took the reader's advice and painted the grills to be dark.

Hola

hey there,

Sorry bro, now im out of the country, wil lpost the pics in another week time.. Sorry for the delay. By the way we took the reader's advice and painted the grills to be dark.

Hola

who did the painting? you or rohith? jkz .. just kiddin lol...

BTW... Christmas is approachin n a deadlinez comin close eh? ;-)

@ Porkster - a noob question lmao.. does ya ecu directly replace the stock ecu on ya car or is a linkup so as to manipulate the ECU to work the way ya want? Whats the difference between ya ECU and the HKS Piggyback stuff eh?

Zz

Hi,

Thanks for that info but I'm going to stick with Nadeera since he has the dealrship for both Motec and EMS.

Cheers, Porky

Ya Nadeera has done some gud jobs & Nige, Ashan, Sacha know lods of things abt these mechanical stuff so if u met those guys u can get some gud ideas from them

lol have to agree on that one..

Me 2

hey there,

Hola

Aaaah ok dude... Lookin forward to those pics.. hey, maybe Porky can post som pics if he doesnt mind ei...??