• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Porkster's Nissan Project (pics)

Hola

I think I saw this car somewhere near Mc Donalds Rajagiriya.. looks really nice... everything is superb.. but I dont like the front much.. it looks a bit odd to me....but that's me.. myabe you should change the mesh grill.. other than that.. the car looks great... hoping to see it on the roads..

Hi Dude,

Yes the pic posted here of the front does not do it justice we will take a full frontal nudity shot for a better persepective. :angry-smiley-024:

Yes I think I did swing it by the round about near Micky Dees day before you must have seen it then.

Thanks Overdrive for you compliments I went with the uniform color all around as that is what would usually come on a factory spec car where all the spoiler and grills are same color coded.

I wanted to keep it as close to a factory spec as possible as I prefer that minimalist look.

Cheers, Porky

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unique looking car Porky...any pics of the engine bay? i'd like to see that turbo setup

on the 3M tint

they way they install tint on curved glass: put the tint (reverse side) on the outside of the car with soapy water and work out the curves with a heat gun and squeegee (rubber scraper) and once the film is contoured to the outside they install it inside the car.

Unique looking car Porky...any pics of the engine bay? i'd like to see that turbo setup

on the 3M tint

they way they install tint on curved glass: put the tint (reverse side) on the outside of the car with soapy water and work out the curves with a heat gun and squeegee (rubber scraper) and once the film is contoured to the outside they install it inside the car.

That's over there in the US isn't it? I doubt they do it like that here...

hmmm... over here in LK dude those Kleenpark guys tint only the inside of the glasses with tint.. and yes.. their installation aint that professional.. i got a small piece missing from the drivers seat glass and a piece got removed from a rear glass too.. there is a bit of bubbling here and there but hell.. it comes with a 5 year warranty.. so go n blast those morons if yave done the tint at 3M and they ve gotta redo...

costs me about 8 to 9k for the tinting including a strip of tint in the windscreen too... looks cool and works great (heat refraction) nevertheless...

Zz

hmmm... over here in LK dude those Kleenpark guys tint only the inside of the glasses with tint.. and yes.. their installation aint that professional.. i got a small piece missing from the drivers seat glass and a piece got removed from a rear glass too.. there is a bit of bubbling here and there but hell.. it comes with a 5 year warranty.. so go n blast those morons if yave done the tint at 3M and they ve gotta redo...

costs me about 8 to 9k for the tinting including a strip of tint in the windscreen too... looks cool and works great (heat refraction) nevertheless...

Zz

Are there visible scratch marks? and bubbles? Also how did they get to fix it for the contours of the rear windscreen?

Are there visible scratch marks? and bubbles? Also how did they get to fix it for the contours of the rear windscreen?

No scratch marks buddy.. its scratchproof as they say... there are small bubbles but it does not "grow" as the low quality tints.. barely visible but close observation would easily find it.. from what i saw... and thats just for a fraction of a minute.. they clean that specific area and apply a solvent of some kind.. afterwards they take a sheet of tint and place it along that area and slowly mark it out using a special tool which cuts through the tint.. the tint is then fixed onto the glass..

the bubbles popping up would be the result of not doing it correctly.. and i am not really sure as to why the front glass tint has a small part missing.. as if its torn off.. having tried scratching it either but it seems durable.. and yes.. it does a good job at refracting the heat.. the car is cooler for longer..

i am not 100% sure as to how they get it done on the rear windscreen bro.. most probably they would ve sticked the tint on the outside but that i am not really sure :angry-smiley-024: sorry.. but its sure worth the money..

Zz

Really nice & artistic dude.. love what you've done with the rear with the spray tint- looks like a bit like the B4. Come to think of it that look will be funcky on a an FB15 as well. hope you can let me know from where I can get some or a the name of the brand to look for.

Also what gearbox setup are you planning on running??

That's over there in the US isn't it? I doubt they do it like that here...

yeah, its in the US..bubbling is esp. bad during the winter when we run defrosters. The rapid temp change used to do a number on the films, but they've come a long way since the 90's...its about 150-200$ to do the whole car. You also need to make sure you dont use any chemicals (windex etc.) to clean the film (from the inside) cos some of those chemicals can bleed thru the film and get stuck between the film and glass. This causes bubles once the sunce hits the glass...

nice bodywork.. though i too was thinking the same thing as many and will suggest it .. a black gril-mesh would give it a meaner (and less flatter) face...

And i like those door-mirrors. they arent the standard lucino ones are they? and do the little signal lights at the end work? the tinted lights are also a neat touch indeed!

NICE one Porky :wild: ..............Sexy beast.

Saw it at Trans Asia on Tuesday.

Unfortunately couldn't have a closer look as I was rushing out for a meeting. :P

Looking forward to seeing it on road again. :)

NICE one Porky :wild: ..............Sexy beast.

Saw it at Trans Asia on Tuesday.

Unfortunately couldn't have a closer look as I was rushing out for a meeting. :P

Looking forward to seeing it on road again. :)

Trans Asia? Tuesday? Porky!!!! :P

Hi DHP,

Thanks, engine bay is coming up after this weekend when I can take some pics and Hola will post em. Turbo isn't installed as yet I have a T3/4 Nissan Dual BB Ceramic one off of a Skyline and mosr of the parts am waiting for the HKS wastegate and some other little parts to arrive from the States hopefully that will arrive before end of this month along with the Racing Radiator.

I have however done everything possible for the N/A setup from intake to header to suspension and ECU so I will post that bit for now and once the turbo is in I will post it then, thanks for your kind patience till then,

Really nice & artistic dude.. love what you've done with the rear with the spray tint- looks like a bit like the B4. Come to think of it that look will be funcky on a an FB15 as well. hope you can let me know from where I can get some or a the name of the brand to look for.

Also what gearbox setup are you planning on running??

Hi Pila,

Thanks I kind of also to a cue from the Altezza on the spoiler, I forgot the name of the blasted stuff but I got it off e-Bay and gave the three cans to Rohith, the lights do show in the night just not as bright as before but still clearly visible. It some sort of hi temp tint spray I had bought some earlier that was red and eurod out the back so it only showed red that was some Jap brand....also from e-Bay hehehehe.

The tint makes any car look phat frm the back bro so go for it.

My gearbox was converted to a friction type LSD that I got from JGY customs in US and running Mobil LSD gearbox oil with a stage three performance clutch setup that can hold upto 280ft.lb of torque which I think will suffice if I hit the 300bhp mark. The car grips very well now and as I mentioned earlies I also set the Toe and Camber accordingly.

And i like those door-mirrors. they arent the standard lucino ones are they? and do the little signal lights at the end work? the tinted lights are also a neat touch indeed!

Hi Dilesh,

Yes the mirrors are also aftermarket modelled after the BMW M3 they came in carbon fiber but I had em painted the body color. The lights work as parking it is blue color and signal it is white it has LEDS.

I am thinking since EVERYONE is of the same opinion of coloring the grill black I might take a pic and do a photoshop job as a trial and see if it look good then I will take y'alls' advice my fellow AL bros and sisters :)

hey porky, good job man! so the setup is gonna end up in the range of 300bhp+?

Hi Isuru,

Yes that is what I my goal is if I can hit 300bhp or 250whp I will have a sh*t eating grin like the joker everytime I launch :wild:

What up with the plans you have for your car? You still going to go ahead with that bro?

Hi SHAI,

Thanks for the kind words I was there checking the King's Court for one of my events.

Cheers, Porky

Trans Asia? Tuesday? Porky!!!! :wild:

Sorry dudes..seems to have touched a nerve there :P

All in the name of appreciating good workmanship. :)

Can't wait to see the interior and engine bay shots.

Ahh realy? amazing isnt it? It cracks you? owwww....I thought its already cracked...Sin

:P Machang, basic language skills need some work eh? I said "cracks up" not "Cracks me", :wild: or even "on crack" like u seem to be.

Dont mess with the man, man ;):P:)

I think we found something close to the definition of a 'Scrub' lol B)

Def getting closer than than we got ;)

B) Machang, basic language skills need some work eh? I said "cracks up" not "Cracks me", :) or even "on crack" like u seem to be.

Dont mess with the man, man ;):P:P

Def getting closer than than we got ;)

Oh Yeah, the big man. ;):wild: