• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags This Saturday?

Andrew_GTR

Ok I got a few PMs and think some of you guys think this is a joke. Ths is not a joke. Please enter your name onto the list only if you are serious ok. \

We will be meeting on the 20th night at Roxy. Basically drags, booze and chicks. If you have hot female friends please bring em.

nexus is in the list yo prepare to eat my dust

1- Watchman - Ek3 VI-RS (also 5 buddies n their rides)

2- Jdnet - 2005 Maruti 800 supercharged and fully modified.

3- Jami - 1988 minicooper (i have this only)

4- Elvis- Prius (also one friend with a Honda Insight)

5- MD- Fiat 1100 "gemballa" stripped out non-supercharged,non-turbocharged,No-Nos

6- LashNeo - Bajaj CM Special edition representing team BRD (CM = Chick Magnet, BRD = Bajaj Racing Development)

7- nexus - alto sports special edition supercharged with racing stripes and beat barrel

Which part of "only enter your name on the list if your serious" did you not understand?

Ok guys here's the new and serious list. Please enter your name ONLY if you are really going to race. if you just want to be there as a spectator just send me a PM and I'll give you the details as soon as everything is confirmed.

Oh and it would be nice to have a few folks in hybrids too. You don't have to race but having some hybrids around to look at would be cool.

1- Watchman - Ek3 VI-RS (also 5 buddies n their rides)

2- Jdnet - 1999 EK3 (turbo- without NOS)

5- MD- Honda civic?

6- VVTI - alfa 3.o v6 stock

Edited by jdnet

Hey boys! sorry was away from the thread. Been on the phone with the drag gurus about this. They brought a concern. Sometimes people just come but cant find another competitor in their class.. If we have confirmed races as in cars who will confirm battle, we'll schedule them now and save the trouble.

1- Watchman - Ek3 VI-RS (buddies: 2002 vios A/T, 2004 NZT240 A/T, 1994 honda CRX)

5- MD- Honda civic?

IMPORTANT:

Also please note this is illegal and therefore has to be very hush-hush. When you come to the Roxy cinema dont come with loud music. I have spoken to the security and he said he will arrange the area behind the hall for us so that cops on the road wont see it. But be very discrete. Dont go toot your horn at the gate. The security will be at the gate and will tell u the cinema is closed, then you just tell him "you want to park there and go buy a cake at the sumanadisi bakery (opposite side of galle road), he'll know what its about and let you in. Remember BE SECRETIVE! Tell ONLY people you trust!

JD, machang thanks for the offer to help. Can you make a google-spreadsheet closer to race date so that people can see the action thats going to go down. Thanks. I'll give my phone number to those who want closer to race date!

Lets rock on boys!!!! the drags are back!!

JD, machang thanks for the offer to help. Can you make a google-spreadsheet closer to race date so that people can see the action thats going to go down. Thanks. I'll give my phone number to those who want closer to race date!

Lets rock on boys!!!! the drags are back!!

no worries machan. Glad I can help. Will make the spread sheet for ya.

You ready to loose to me?

no worries machan. Glad I can help. Will make the spread sheet for ya.

You ready to loose to me?

We'll see. I'm getting a new fuel map done this weekend cos these days sometimes the power goes down on the 3rd gear. I know my car can beat your ass!

My sister and mom said they have a wedding, if so they might take the car. My dad should also be back from kandy, so i'll come in my hilux, and can race ripper's ford. hahhaaa!! diesel power!

Edited by Watchman

Looks like I have no contender for the Alfa.

Anybody out there with a real car that I can compete with on Saturday?

Fine fine, I'll race with you, calm down.... Will the Alfa be functioning on the day? :P

Alright boyzz!! Lets do thiss! itz gonna be so awesum!!

IMPORTANT:

Also please note this is illegal and therefore has to be very hush-hush. When you come to the Roxy cinema dont come with loud music. I have spoken to the security and he said he will arrange the area behind the hall for us so that cops on the road wont see it. But be very discrete. Dont go toot your horn at the gate. The security will be at the gate and will tell u the cinema is closed, then you just tell him "you want to park there and go buy a cake at the sumanadisi bakery (opposite side of galle road), he'll know what its about and let you in. Remember BE SECRETIVE! Tell ONLY people you trust!

wow nice... now a cop who is reading this will never find out... sha mara idea

Ok im in so the List now is.

1- Watchman - Ek3 VI-RS (buddies: 2002 vios A/T, 2004 NZT240 A/T, 1994 honda CRX)

5- MD- Honda civic?

7- S_N - VW Passat 1.8T Tiptronic with MTM chip and upgraded Turbo

Yo Peri, duty calls!

Sorry, sorry, I was in Kandy getting my Pin quota by being all holy at the Perahara. I have developed a deeply religious views on visiting Kandy, lots of cute Kandy Lamissis. Sure, but I might be late. Have a shoot earlier in the eve :) Weekends are always busy.

Besides, Watchman and Ripper and do the media duties ;)

OK we have our first confirmed events.

Event 1 : MasterDon Vs. Cyrax

MD-Junda Del Sol D15B 1.5 Vtec SOHC with limited slip clutch and brake pedals..

Cyrax :???

Even 2 : VVTi Vs. Supra NAtural

VVti :Alfa 164 3.0 V6 Stock with tow bar.

Supra : VW Passat 1.8T Tiptronic with MTM chip and upgraded Turbo

wow nice... now a cop who is reading this will never find out... sha mara idea

machang cops are stupid. They dont know about automotive forums. Ours is a good plan and we have all the security measures ready. Of course the roxy security has been advised on what to do if cops show up. And our members will keep this secret.

This is going to be THE event of the year! we will make history and scar the roads with our burnout marks.

WoA..!! Finally one interesting thread. :jumping-smiley-013:

Jdnet, what`s the spec of this EK3 of yours? is that running a Turboed d15z motor?

Alfa 3.0 Vs Passat 1.8T... Ummm, interesting.. Have you guys ever run each other before? Honestly can`t imagine who to put my money on, haven't done any power to ratio calculations though. :D

Edited by MrCat

OK we have our first confirmed events.

Event 1 : MasterDon Vs. Cyrax

MD-Junda Del Sol D15B 1.5 Vtec SOHC with limited slip clutch and brake pedals..

Cyrax :???

Even 2 : VVTi Vs. Supra NAtural

VVti :Alfa 164 3.0 V6 Stock with tow bar.

Supra : VW Passat 1.8T Tiptronic with MTM chip and upgraded Turbo

I saw jami challenging Vvtis Alfa, so that too should count. Alfa is no better than mini, when compared the power to weight ratio. Vvti will surely have a tough time

And peri don't commit bad karma saying no to this photo shoot as this gonna be THE event after many years of silence. Seems you've forgotten all kolamba lamissis who usually gather for drags. Anyways, ripper, you got one more responsibility than just driving the booty ride around. Get the night shoot filters ready.

WoA..!! Finally one interesting thread. :jumping-smiley-013:

Jdnet, what`s the spec of this EK3 of yours? is that running a Turboed d15z motor?

Alfa 3.0 Vs Passat 1.8T... Ummm, interesting.. Have you guys ever run each other before? Honestly can`t imagine who to put my money on, haven't done any power to ratio calculations though. :D

We've been meaning to so this should prove the ideal opportunity... The Alfa puts out roughly 210BHP and weighs give or take 1500KG

Mine originally had 150 and the upgrades should take it to around 215-220 or thereabouts (haven't dynoed) and it weighs about 1400Kg

Should be close (although my brakes are better, eh vvti? :) )

Edited by Supra_Natural