• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Trip To Hanwella With The 4x4 Club...

sharkster

it's late but i have a good reason :D just a few pics from last saturday's rendezvous (14/10/06)... it was my first time out with these boys and i had an awesome time... excuse the quality cos i'm using a 2M cybershot and it's showing its age...

the first wrangler to show up (manual 4L straight 6)

dsc00088ajz7.th.jpg

first attempt to climb bank... fails... water creeps into engine through exhaust...

dsc00098bm0.th.jpg

second wrangler shows up (auto 4L straight 6)

dsc00102ave7.th.jpg

first attempt to winch stalled wrangler out of water fails due to fractured cable...

dsc00108fp4.th.jpg

eventually pull out by LR disco using a strap...

dsc00117adg8.th.jpg

defender makes new attempt to cross (the SLR in the background is handled by the official photographer of the 4x4 club)

dsc00119ago9.th.jpg

the rest of the pics will follow soon... imageshack doesn't like me very much...

backing up for a run-up lol... it made no difference whatsoever...

dsc00127yy8.th.jpg

dsc00128ru2.th.jpg

it makes another attempt with a different driver but to no avail...

dsc00139ce7.th.jpg

the disco manages to winch itself out using an anchor...

dsc00141kv4.th.jpg

dsc00142tn9.th.jpg

dsc00143zh4.th.jpg

night pic of the wrangler

dsc00147alf2.th.jpg

monstrous patrol... (4.2L diesel)

dsc00160dx0.th.jpg

p.s. i trust no one would lay claim to any of these pics... :D

Edited by sharkster

it's late but i have a good reason :grinning-smiley-003: just a few pics from last saturday's rendezvous (14/10/06)... it was my first time out with these boys and i had an awesome time... excuse the quality cos i'm using a 2M cybershot and it's showing its age...

the first wrangler to show up (manual 4L straight 6)

dsc00088ajz7.th.jpg

first attempt to climb bank... fails... water creeps into engine through exhaust...

dsc00098bm0.th.jpg

second wrangler shows up (auto 4L straight 6)

dsc00102ave7.th.jpg

first attempt to winch stalled wrangler out of water fails due to fractured cable...

dsc00108fp4.th.jpg

eventually pull out by LR disco using a strap...

dsc00117adg8.th.jpg

defender makes new attempt to cross (the SLR in the background is handled by the official photographer of the 4x4 club)

dsc00119ago9.th.jpg

the rest of the pics will follow soon... imageshack doesn't like me very much...

Thats not a Defender.. Thats an Old Series 3 over 30 years old with Coil spring upgrade.

So much for the Brand name Jeep. Even the new ones cant match the older Land Rovers. If I'm not mistaken that second one is the new Wrangler sponsored by D*mo for 4X4 challenge.

Any idea where this took place cos it looks quite similar to the area where I live around and go for a bath.

Thats not a Defender.. Thats an Old Series 3 over 30 years old with Coil spring upgrade.

So much for the Brand name Jeep. Even the new ones cant match the older Land Rovers. If I'm not mistaken that second one is the new Wrangler sponsored by D*mo for 4X4 challenge.

Any idea where this took place cos it looks quite similar to the area where I live around and go for a bath.

yup the 2nd one is indeed the new wrangler...

this took place closer to galagedara (spelling?!) just beyond the bridge... there's a perera & sons branch opposite the descent to the field...

yup the 2nd one is indeed the new wrangler...

this took place closer to galagedara (spelling?!) just beyond the bridge... there's a perera & sons branch opposite the descent to the field...

Oh my god... Its as I thought, I live around this area but sadly the Motor show took my day that day or else I could have gone to see the action. Good mud eh??? specially now the decent down to that place should be covered in mud with the rain and possibly underwater.

Oh my god... Its as I thought, I live around this area but sadly the Motor show took my day that day or else I could have gone to see the action. Good mud eh??? specially now the decent down to that place should be covered in mud with the rain and possibly underwater.

the motorshow was on the previous weekend dude... anyways this happened at the last minute so i didn't really have time to call anyone... the next time something like this gets off ground i'll keep you informed... and yes it was good mud but there's probably about 4-5 feet of water now...