• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

first time jaliya told me, when i met him, i thought he had an interest in whores. and there was a study about the subject. i was like "where can i sign up??"

LOL I still remember that conversation! But yea, we can start an exclusive club about that topic too!

Say that again. Is the W silent or what? LOL!!! I dont mind tagging along with you guys during one of your field trips. anything for a new hobby. :)

Our field trips generally involve going to watch repair shops and rummaging through all the junk to see if one can spot a treasure. You are most welcome to tag along :)

• Like 1

Our field trips generally involve going to watch repair shops and rummaging through all the junk to see if one can spot a treasure. You are most welcome to tag along :)

Watches are an interest of mine as well (though sadly i dont have the greenstuff to own anything really nice as yet :( ) So I'd love to tag a long with you guys on one of your field trips too!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Quite an amateur at it... definitely we gotta meet...

It can be a frickin expensive hobby, but at the moment I only concentrate on VPMWs.

Me too, mostly Chinese automatic movements that come in various cases cast in similar style to various big name models.

Me too, mostly Chinese automatic movements that come in various cases cast in similar style to various big name models.
Those DGs are a hit and miss...but they're decent movements. What brands do you own at the moment?

Terra sounds like a collector of replicas. The good news is most of the good quality replicas contain Japanese Miyota (Citizen) movements or Swiss-made ETA (2824?) movements which are as good as what u find in genuine Rados and the like. Speaking of Chinese movements, there's a significant reputation for Seagull/Shanghai movements. BTW I AM looking for a Seagull watch. Any hints on where to find one (except for the 'bay?)

(Sorry about the OT)

Terra sounds like a collector of replicas. The good news is most of the good quality replicas contain Japanese Miyota (Citizen) movements or Swiss-made ETA (2824?) movements which are as good as what u find in genuine Rados and the like. Speaking of Chinese movements, there's a significant reputation for Seagull/Shanghai movements. BTW I AM looking for a Seagull watch. Any hints on where to find one (except for the 'bay?)

(Sorry about the OT)

Well, which Seagull movement are you after? Chronograph?

Also, most homages/replicas that say "Japanese Miyota" are actually Chinese DG2813s. The big giveaway is that they handwind; original Japanese Miyotas don't. I actually like the DG2813, but it's a hit and miss. Be that as it may, I used an ETA2824 on my build though! :sport-smiley-004:

Well, which Seagull movement are you after? Chronograph?

Also, most homages/replicas that say "Japanese Miyota" are actually Chinese DG2813s. The big giveaway is that they handwind; original Japanese Miyotas don't. I actually like the DG2813, but it's a hit and miss. Be that as it may, I used an ETA2824 on my build though! :sport-smiley-004:

Since you guys into watches, thought of posting my own collection (not much of a collection though)

Tissot PRC 200 Steven Stamkos Special Edition (genuine from US Tissot dealer) still an amateur so no idea about movement type etc ;)post-11288-0-41475900-1404025763_thumb.j

Others, Tissot PR50 from amazon (i think its a replica, observe the stain marks in the dial) and the Seiko Chrono from local dealers

post-11288-0-61532800-1404025677_thumb.j

Sorry about the OT

Edited by Ruslan

• 4 weeks later...