• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

11 hours ago, Gummybr said:

Machang do you need the front lockers? Just asking, cos I am under the impression that the front locker is not necessary for normal trail driving, unless you do hardcore rock crawling or extreme mud. My opinion only.

In my opinion its not a must but good to have.

At least from what I have seen the front tires can easily loose traction on a incline with loose rocks. So even though rear locker push forward if one of front tire slips and rely on A-trac to detect wheel spin and brake you might not have good control as a locker. See if you also have front locker when one tire of front have least traction it wont spin so you have more control.  So if i'm at an edge of a drop going on an incline with loose rock / gravel I feel safer to have a front + rear locker. I feel bit more pressure as a driver since I go with family or at least me and my kid.

Then again this is also due to limited front wheel travel with Toyota IFS vehicles like newer LC200, Hilux, (4Runner & Tacoma in US market). Vehicles with solid axles have more wheel travel  and have less wheel spin (Eg - older Land cruisers (80 series), Jeep wrangler, etc..)

(Please feel free to correct me, I'm also still learning)

jhonny park.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

The Mahindra Bolero is to Sri Lanka's Defender/Wrangler owner wannabes what the Pontiac Fiero was to American car modifying scene of the 80-90's ???‍♂️

Yes indeed! :D Even I saw a crazily modified Bolero to mimic the Defender design in FB :D

3 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

A locally modified Mahindra??

How could you tell? Was it the width? It looks a bit off, but at that distance you'd have fooled me, especially the 3/4 view...! The owner certainly has gone all out to convince every one: Sad! Should have just worked on making the Mahindra more reliable and brake better instead! At least that would have been money well spent! :D

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Sad to see our country loosing such a unique ride. No idea how it happened tho 

IMG-20200702-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200702-WA0021.jpg

2 hours ago, HaeylM said:

Sad to see our country loosing such a unique ride. No idea how it happened tho 

IMG-20200702-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20200702-WA0021.jpg

Just needs some cataloy & wd40. It will buff out. 

But the sad thing about these mid engined cars is that unless someone tells the driver, they have almost no clue the car is on fire. Unlike front engined cars where a tiny hint of smoke is enough to warn the driver. 

Wouldn't lotus be able to carry out a complete restoration of this unit? Like how Ferrari does it. Wouldn't even need Lotus if the parts can be sourced and done by a talented garage.

Also I've seen this suggested in a few places: Keeping a small fire extinguisher on a car thats really old is a valuable asset. So that's one lesson we can take from this. 

Edited by AVANTE

26 minutes ago, AVANTE said:

Just needs some cataloy & wd40. It will buff out. 

Cataloy and WD40 wont buff out fibre glass.

The fuel tank seems to be intact.

A loss for the Sri Lanka.

But why is this here on funniest moments, this is not funny at all

Edited by Gummybr
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, matroska said:

Why do people hate KE20/30/50's and B210's this much?  ? 

Why most people do this kind of thing is as a result of failing to find body parts after a collision. 70s and 80s body parts are hard to come by, so unless the owner is an enthusiast and willing to track down or import body parts, they'd just use whatever they can find to keep the car running. Even if it looks hideous ☹️

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, asrock said:

142776333_22171660625m3jwq.jpg

142847165_68812949854jnj8s.jpg

respekt, car has gone in reverse for 38k kms across the time span of a month narrowly beating out Muthukumara Mudiyanselage Mater Tow Mater's previously held record of driving in reverse. #Praid #SiriLanka 

Mater_(Cars).png

• Haha 1