• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

I had this exact same conversation with the missus recently. I'm seriously considering buying one (if and when I come across one I can afford) but the biggest concern is the bad rep it seems to have now.

Maybe if it's painted pink with hello kitty decals?

I had heard of the influx of defenders in Uva, but didnt think it could be that serious. Now I see what it was all about :/

Btw, did this guy win?

When I was a kid, I loved the defender and always wanted to own one. Now I dont think I'll buy one even if I can afford it. Thanks to low-life politicians, if you're driving a Defender people automatically think your a douchebag.

Of course he did! cos he very well knows the mentality of masses and dished out what they want. We are only marginally behind those in TN supporting Jayalalitha!

Edited by Rumesh88
  • Like 2

Of course he did! cos he very well knows the mentality of masses and dished out what they want. We are only marginally behind those in TN supporting Jayalalitha!

Daam....

My next question is WHO is in all those vehicles. Say each vehicle has 5 people, we're looking at at least 100 people. Leave aside his personal guards, are there that many people jobless enough to just follow a politician everywhere he goes with no clear objective.

Daam....

My next question is WHO is in all those vehicles. Say each vehicle has 5 people, we're looking at at least 100 people. Leave aside his personal guards, are there that many people jobless enough to just follow a politician everywhere he goes with no clear objective.

It is not difficult to find a bunch of 100 people engaged in various nefarious activities (illegal logging, sand mining, poaching, ie elephant poaching and the list is endless) in an area like Uva province. Of course they do have a clear objective. The politico simply give them protection. That's it.

I had this exact same conversation with the missus recently. I'm seriously considering buying one (if and when I come across one I can afford) but the biggest concern is the bad rep it seems to have now. Maybe if it's painted pink with hello kitty decals?

I'm thinking a dark pink (think Rose gold) with a goth Hello Kitty decal would do great!

I had this exact same conversation with the missus recently. I'm seriously considering buying one (if and when I come across one I can afford) but the biggest concern is the bad rep it seems to have now. Maybe if it's painted pink with hello kitty decals?

6810568233_dc576c9960_z.jpg

The pink looks awesome actually....Forget about decals ! maybe the following can provide the inspiration for the Hello Kitty overlay..

44955942dcdb0e010e7119be83f8c2a0.jpg

6810568233_dc576c9960_z.jpg

The pink looks awesome actually....Forget about decals ! maybe the following can provide the inspiration for the Hello Kitty overlay..

44955942dcdb0e010e7119be83f8c2a0.jpg

The second one doesn't seems to be a Defender. it's more closer to an old Land Cruiser model...

guys, check this out, honestly im surprised, even after seeing these kinda corruption, why do people still vote for them? :( imagine if a person like this becomes the president? really feel sorry for this country. :(

Who actually shot/produced this video? The politician himself? as a publicity stunt? as part of his election propaganda?

Back in the days strategy was to make sure there a huge turnout for the main political rallies to demonstrate that the people are behind you and the party. Now the trend is to demonstrate/showcase how much one can spend on his campaign.

10256814_764620976939074_196580641458340

That reminds me...

A man goes to the doctor's and says, “I would I like to get castrated". The doctor tries to convince him but the man won't listen. All he keeps on saying is, "I want to get castrated! I want to get castrated! I want to get castrated!” The doctor says; "your life will be changed after this operation. Do you still want to go ahead?" Man: “yes!"

After a few hours the man is walking in the hospital with a stick in his hand and legs apart he meets another man walking the same way. First man: “so even you got the operation done?" second man: "yeah after 37 years of my life I felt that it would be much better to get circumcised", first man: "Shit. That’s the word!"

(http://www.spicyjokes.com/clasificacion.asp?ID=44&Pagina=5)

Found this on TripAdvisor. Point number 5 is the most relevant.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293961-i8983-k6782488-Sri_Lankan_Road_Rules_Humour-Sri_Lanka.html\

Traffic in Sri Lanka is a living, organic thing. Accordingly as a tourist about to embark on your first driving experience in the island nation you need to be aware of a few of the more important road rules you may not be familiar with from driving in your own country.

1. Drive at least 3 abreast on 2 lane roads to make maximum use of the carpetted road width.

2. In response to almost any traffic situation you encounter always use the horn first and as a last resort the brakes and collision avoidance techniques.

3. When following behind another vehicle if you are more than 6 inches behind them you are simply not trying.

4. Don't worry about stray dogs on the side of the road and pass them as closely as you can. Natural selection has ensured you won't run one over.

5. If stopped by the police always have a 1000rps note handy.

6. The only other vehicles to be vaguely aware of on the road are the buses. They have right of way in most situations, they are bigger than you and will have no hesitation in proving it.

7. Pedestrian crossings are a point of note on the road. Generally they should be ignored.

8. When overtaking don't worry about oncoming traffic. Keep your foot down and somehow you will survive. This point should be also be applied in the case of overtaking on blind corners, hill crests and on solid white lines. See point 1.

9. If you are prone to road rage don't drive in Sri Lanka. You are likely to suffer a major brain malfunction within the first 1 or 2 kms.

10. Don't let the age or condition of the vehicle put you off. If its survived this long it will probably get you through the next couple of days.

11. If you are driving a manual vehicle be aware that changing gear can improve the way the vehicle performs but don't feel compelled to apply this technique.

12. When entering a main road from a side street ignore any oncoming traffic and proceed at will. See note 8. above.

13. Under no circumstances should you assume that a vehicle in front of you with their right blinker on is actually turning right. To test their intentions it is best to overtake them and see if they turn into the side of your vehicle. If they don't then the blinker is purely for decorative purposes.

14. When backing onto a busy main road it is best to back onto the side that travels in the opposite direction to that which you wish to travel. After stopping that lane you must then proceed slowly across the road ensuring that both lanes (or all 3, refer point 1) come to a complete standstill to allow you to proceed.

15. If there isn't a strange smell in the vehicle then your passenger(s) haven't crapped themselves yet so you haven't been applying yourself and have been driving too defensively.

16. Should your vehicle stall repeatedly you must switch off all additional drains to the battery before restarting. Eg a/con, radio etc. this is the only situation where you should not use your horn as it drains the power too.

• Like 1

Found this on TripAdvisor. Point number 5 is the most relevant.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293961-i8983-k6782488-Sri_Lankan_Road_Rules_Humour-Sri_Lanka.html\

Traffic in Sri Lanka is a living, organic thing. Accordingly as a tourist about to embark on your first driving experience in the island nation you need to be aware of a few of the more important road rules you may not be familiar with from driving in your own country.

1. Drive at least 3 abreast on 2 lane roads to make maximum use of the carpetted road width.

2. In response to almost any traffic situation you encounter always use the horn first and as a last resort the brakes and collision avoidance techniques.

3. When following behind another vehicle if you are more than 6 inches behind them you are simply not trying.

4. Don't worry about stray dogs on the side of the road and pass them as closely as you can. Natural selection has ensured you won't run one over.

5. If stopped by the police always have a 1000rps note handy.

6. The only other vehicles to be vaguely aware of on the road are the buses. They have right of way in most situations, they are bigger than you and will have no hesitation in proving it.

7. Pedestrian crossings are a point of note on the road. Generally they should be ignored.

8. When overtaking don't worry about oncoming traffic. Keep your foot down and somehow you will survive. This point should be also be applied in the case of overtaking on blind corners, hill crests and on solid white lines. See point 1.

9. If you are prone to road rage don't drive in Sri Lanka. You are likely to suffer a major brain malfunction within the first 1 or 2 kms.

10. Don't let the age or condition of the vehicle put you off. If its survived this long it will probably get you through the next couple of days.

11. If you are driving a manual vehicle be aware that changing gear can improve the way the vehicle performs but don't feel compelled to apply this technique.

12. When entering a main road from a side street ignore any oncoming traffic and proceed at will. See note 8. above.

13. Under no circumstances should you assume that a vehicle in front of you with their right blinker on is actually turning right. To test their intentions it is best to overtake them and see if they turn into the side of your vehicle. If they don't then the blinker is purely for decorative purposes.

14. When backing onto a busy main road it is best to back onto the side that travels in the opposite direction to that which you wish to travel. After stopping that lane you must then proceed slowly across the road ensuring that both lanes (or all 3, refer point 1) come to a complete standstill to allow you to proceed.

15. If there isn't a strange smell in the vehicle then your passenger(s) haven't crapped themselves yet so you haven't been applying yourself and have been driving too defensively.

16. Should your vehicle stall repeatedly you must switch off all additional drains to the battery before restarting. Eg a/con, radio etc. this is the only situation where you should not use your horn as it drains the power too.

We are still better than most of the countries in the region. Here's an example:

This Bangkok taxi driver decided to take a shortcut through the pavement because the wait for the traffic light was too long. He was followed by a dozen more vehicles.

so8y88.jpg

We are still better than most of the countries in the region. Here's an example:

This Bangkok taxi driver decided to take a shortcut through the pavement because the wait for the traffic light was too long. He was followed by a dozen more vehicles.

so8y88.jpg

People do not seems to care about it atall.

We are still better than most of the countries in the region.

But unfortunately, we will soon become the supreme road assholes of the region if the trend continues. 99% of the drivers at least in Colombo seem to be in a rush and have zero consideration for other people on the road. My blood boils driving to work in the mornings every day.

But unfortunately, we will soon become the supreme road assholes of the region if the trend continues. 99% of the drivers at least in Colombo seem to be in a rush and have zero consideration for other people on the road. My blood boils driving to work in the mornings every day.

Very true. This 99% mostly comprises of 3wheelers and motor bikes in my personal experience.

• Like 1

Very true. This 99% mostly comprises of 3wheelers and motor bikes in my personal experience.

Agreed! most of the time 3 Wheeler drivers think they driving a Bicycle because of that handle. :)

Edited by Ruslan
  • Like 1