• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

That's Goebbels Theory put into practice.

True no? Daamn didn't realize that! Also, lolae-lol at the "indiyaawa wani sanvardanaya wena ratawal"

For the benefit of the non Sinhala reading autolankans:

Swarnavahini:

Runaway train on the tracks from dematagoda station lAst night

News first (sirasa):

runaway train takes off from dematagoda station. The opposition say this is yet another ploy by the ruling party to distract the public from the escalating cost of living

HiruTV:

Train suddenly comes to life in the wee hours of the morning. We suspect it to be possessed. More on ghosts and train possession tonight on "hiru @ 10"

Derana:

The minister of transport should be held directly responsible for the runaway train which left dematagoda station. Tune it to derana 360 for a one on one interview with hon minister tonight

Meanwhile on ITN:

Sri Lanka is on the fast track for development after 30 years of heinous war! The latest development in the road to prosperity is the testing of a new system of pilotless automated trains! The First one was tested on the dematagoda-ratmalana rail track, and engineers say it was a resounding success. Plans are in the pipeline to develop this system and supply automated trains to veiling countries, such as India, free of charge.

• Like 3

True no? Daamn didn't realize that! Also, lolae-lol at the "indiyaawa wani sanvardanaya wena ratawal" For the benefit of the non Sinhala reading autolankans: Swarnavahini: Runaway train on the tracks from dematagoda station lAst night News first (sirasa): runaway train takes off from dematagoda station. The opposition say this is yet another ploy by the ruling party to distract the public from the escalating cost of living HiruTV: Train suddenly comes to life in the wee hours of the morning. We suspect it to be possessed. More on ghosts and train possession tonight on "hiru @ 10" Derana: The minister of transport should be held directly responsible for the runaway train which left dematagoda station. Tune it to derana 360 for a one on one interview with hon minister tonight Meanwhile on ITN: Sri Lanka is on the fast track for development after 30 years of heinous war! The latest development in the road to prosperity is the testing of a new system of pilotless automated trains! The First one was tested on the dematagoda-ratmalana rail track, and engineers say it was a resounding success. Plans are in the pipeline to develop this system and supply automated trains to veiling countries, such as India, free of charge.

Thank You! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Still gets beaten by a 4 cylinder :P

Unlikely machan....stock vs stock I doubt there's a four pot in the world that can beat the Viper. Without getting into the whole American Muscle Vs. Import BS, the Viper is one sexy sexy car :)

(please don't post that meme with the miata in front of a couple of Vipers on a track captioned "Driving skill"...we all know the miata was getting lapped)

Unlikely machan....stock vs stock I doubt there's a four pot in the world that can beat the Viper. Without getting into the whole American Muscle Vs. Import BS, the Viper is one sexy sexy car :)

(please don't post that meme with the miata in front of a couple of Vipers on a track captioned "Driving skill"...we all know the miata was getting lapped)

I think he means the Top Gear ep where a Viper piloted by VBH gets its ass handed to it by a Pulsar (or Sunny as they called it) GTiR. Modded of course. I believe the number was some 400bhp.

I think he means the Top Gear ep where a Viper piloted by VBH gets its ass handed to it by a Pulsar (or Sunny as they called it) GTiR. Modded of course. I believe the number was some 400bhp.

Not sure I've seen that episode Peri. But yes agreed, there are many Evos, STIs, Silvias pushing mind boggling numbers. And previous gen Vipers weren't known to cope well in twisty tracks.

But recently they are sort of breaking out of the mold of the one-trick-pony of just straight line performance. And brave enough to take them to the 'ring to set some awesome lap times too. I'm not entirely sure but didn't the CTS-V set better times than the GTR some time back?

Not sure I've seen that episode Peri. But yes agreed, there are many Evos, STIs, Silvias pushing mind boggling numbers. And previous gen Vipers weren't known to cope well in twisty tracks.

But recently they are sort of breaking out of the mold of the one-trick-pony of just straight line performance. And brave enough to take them to the 'ring to set some awesome lap times too. I'm not entirely sure but didn't the CTS-V set better times than the GTR some time back?

Straight up drag race ;)

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZub_bD_WQ

Edited by Pericles

Sweet childhood memories where there was no internet and the only viper we saw was on Wednesdays at 9.00pm on swarnavahini followed by discussions on the said episode the following day during free periods. ;)

• Like 5

Sweet childhood memories where there was no internet and the only viper we saw was on Wednesdays at 9.00pm on swarnavahini followed by discussions on the said episode the following day during free periods. ;)

Thanks for taking me back to those days too! Also, do you remember 'Helicops' on ITN? German TV show with a Eurocopter EC145...

Thanks for taking me back to those days too! Also, do you remember 'Helicops' on ITN? German TV show with a Eurocopter EC145...

Yeah, and along the lines was highwayman, the truck cum helicopter. And not to forget the classics, Airwolf and Knight Rider.

I have been having a retro-crime-fighting craving and started watching airwolf few months ago, and I cant believe we were into some of those pretty cheesy dialogs and plots.

Thank for bring up old memories. I missed some of those because we didn't have proper coverage in my area. Adding to the list Team Knight Rider.

Straight up drag race ;)

Here

Mother.of.GOD! that's a proper mod job right there :o

Ya man, those were the days. No youtube to rewatch it so you paid attention too :) seeing that thing morphing into that silver bullet was television perfection :)