• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Funniest Moments

Duncan

That bit of trivia clears things up, thanks. And yeah, I've seen those 22sri body transplants at the Udahamulla Depot. Btw, whatever happened to those Isuzu powered Semi-Luxury and Luxury (which became Semi-Luxury once the A/C units broke down) buses? I used to love going in them because Isuzu diesels are such sweet engines.

Since all of those Isuzu buses were made between 1996 - 2000 majority of them are now out of service. (withdrawn prematurely in typical SLTB manner)

Their chassis were imported somewhere in 1993 and were lying idle in Werahera yard due to 1994-1995 Latec controversy.

The remaining few in operation are in such dilapidated condition, they are no longer called Semi-Luxury.

Further all of them are now painted in red livery.

I used to love that sweet engine note, which also could be found in older 60 sri Isuzu MT111 (The front-engined model with a rust-prone Kitamura body. http://busexplorer.com/PHP/MidPage.php?id=1867 )

Edited by samishka

That bit of trivia clears things up, thanks. And yeah, I've seen those 22sri body transplants at the Udahamulla Depot. Btw, whatever happened to those Isuzu powered Semi-Luxury and Luxury (which became Semi-Luxury once the A/C units broke down) buses? I used to love going in them because Isuzu diesels are such sweet engines.

Yeah.. I remember those Isuzu buses. Used to ride in the 7:15AM route 112 from Udahamulla. :rolleyes:

Sorry I didnt see this.There was a Curtiss P-40N named "Lulu Belle" tail regd 42-1045 based China,Burma,India theatre in Mid 40s.There was another plane,a Lockheed XP-80 "Lulu Belle".That was a prototype.But never came across a "lulu Bell" in web search.

MINIACE

Ok so that confirms the history lessons... :D

My bad, It should read as "Lulu Belle" similar to "Memphis Belle"

Thanks for the confirmation..

Yeah.. I remember those Isuzu buses. Used to ride in the 7:15AM route 112 from Udahamulla. :rolleyes:

Me too, I either caught the one which started from the Nugegoda Supermarket, or if I were lucky enough I got into one from Embuldeniya which had just left the depot.

REVERSE SENSORS...S....S

300920090021.th.jpg

...one the subject of reverse sensors - saw the most redundant exercise if ever there was one when it came to fitting these - the sensors had been placed on the rear cross member of a LR Defender, and onto the cross member a set of bumperettes which protrude a further 3-4 inches beyond where the sensors themselves are placed !! tubular%20bumperettes.jpg

- defeats the purpose of the whole exercise to a fair extent does it not! :action-smiley-060:

I'm not too familiar with reverse sensors (my Aunt's Alto SE has them, rather pointless on such a small car I can barely fit into), but I'm assuming you can program in the compensation required to clear a door mounted wheel or other protrusions beyond the sensors? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I want me a butter purut sandwich with mayo, cream cheese, and lettuce, and a tall glass of ne-la-li juice with crushed ice, to go please. :prototyp:

Edited by terrabytetango

First I thought this picture is from a faraway land (like that "LR and the potholes sign" photo), but later surprised to see it was taken in Nugegoda.

Looks like a piece of art (An art-car?).

Wonder whether the owner is a student/lecturer from an academy of arts. :)

Nope Samishka, I'm not a lecture/student.. :)

didn't they move it to Kolpetty (Liberty round about - towards Temple Trees) junction sometime in the 1990's ? :unsure:

I think you are talking about Burgerland. As I remember later they changed their name, but not sure whether it is 'Mummy's Dish'.

However the 'Mummy's Dish' near Dehiwala bridge was there more than 3 years ago, when I lived in Wellawatte.

It is no longer there, and later I saw that place near Kohuwala and thought they have moved .

It's only after sometime I noticed the difference in the spellings.

Confusing, isn't it? :unsure: