• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mx5 / Miata / Eunos Roadster

GTAm

Hi Dudes,

Anyone has any experience with owning one and driving it on a daily basis? I mean in Good ol' SL of course. Have a two very brief drives and loved it.

But a bit worried that I might tire of it in the daily grind. What do you think?

I have never had the pleassure of owning or driving one, but the ones i know do all use it as their daily drive and they all love it to bits and don't sound like bored people at all

The Don

Yup, I've known people who've owned them too and had two sets of opinions. The younger crowd that I know who've owned it absolutely loved the car. It truly is an amazing car to drive and I've seriously considered buying one myself (but didn't as I'm a student, and move around a lot, and need something with more space). I also know an older person in Sri Lanka who owned one for a very short period of time. He's a huge car fan and admitted that it was a great car, but was just too stiff and uncomfortable for him (and I'm not too sure how great it is on fuel economy either).

Hi Dudes,

Anyone has any experience with owning one and driving it on a daily basis? I mean in Good ol' SL of course. Have a two very brief drives and loved it.

But a bit worried that I might tire of it in the daily grind. What do you think?

Hi Gtam,

I own a mazda mx-5, and i have had it for the past 8 years and i have enjoyed every secound of driving it. but ofcourse i dont drive it every day ( i use it mostly on weekends), although sure enough u can use it as your everyday car without any problem. mine is 1.8l and i get about 9km/l in da city and about 10km/l out. the only draw back i see in this car is the small boot space. if you need any more info pls feel free to ask. :action-smiley-060:

Hi Gtam,

I own a mazda mx-5, and i have had it for the past 8 years and i have enjoyed every secound of driving it. but ofcourse i dont drive it every day ( i use it mostly on weekends), although sure enough u can use it as your everyday car without any problem. mine is 1.8l and i get about 9km/l in da city and about 10km/l out. the only draw back i see in this car is the small boot space. if you need any more info pls feel free to ask. :)

Hi DSG,

Thanks. I am seriously considering one now. But its' a big decision to let go one my car as well. I'll ponder on this for a few days.

Btw your nickname is after the VW dual clutch transmission??

Hi GTAM

I used to own a series 1 (1990) Miata 1.6 when i was in the US.

Have to say its one of the best cars i've had to date- not fast enough to get into trouble, but a perfect chassis and engine. Its a car that will teach the art of driving a rear wheel setup with skill and finesse.

Generally, its a very entertaining car and relatively cheap to maintain. Although i'm not sure how easy it would be to do so here in SL.

Good luck!

Hi DSG,

Thanks. I am seriously considering one now. But its' a big decision to let go one my car as well. I'll ponder on this for a few days.

Btw your nickname is after the VW dual clutch transmission??

First of all very sorry GTAm for a late reply, no no my inotials stands for my nick name :lol: .

so have you found a MX-5 which is for sale or are you still looking for one?? make sure u get the propper history of the car before you buy it, coz a messed up car can be a big headache. :unsure: .

if you can try and buy last months "classic and sports car" magazine. you'l find every thing there on how to find the best MX-5.

First of all very sorry GTAm for a late reply, no no my inotials stands for my nick name :P .

so have you found a MX-5 which is for sale or are you still looking for one?? make sure u get the propper history of the car before you buy it, coz a messed up car can be a big headache. :unsure: .

if you can try and buy last months "classic and sports car" magazine. you'l find every thing there on how to find the best MX-5.

Thanks mate. Yes I've been reading the buyers guide in the C&SC. Always wanted an MX5. But I've been so happy with my Alfa 156 that I'm still scratching my head and trying to figure what to do. I've just upgraded my stereo, wheels tyres etc. And have grown very attached to a car after a long time. And I've been driving so many brands, Various Jap Peugeots and BMWs mostly but none have crept under my skin like the Alfa. I'll be so frsutrated if the MX5 does not do that! So you see my problem? :lol:

But since the MX is a pure sports car, I like it and the handling has been raved about. Hmmm I'm gonna sleep over this.

Btw DSG (Dual clutch Sequential Gearbox :) ) is the new hot thing in town. Developed first by VW and now used even on the Bugatti Veyron. Ferrari is rushing to develop their own one!

machan...just a question?...why you like mazda Mx-5? <_<

Cause I've read so many raves about it. 50:50 weight distribution, RWD, Pin sharp steering and feel, One of the best handling cars of all time etc. etc.

Cause I've read so many raves about it. 50:50 weight distribution, RWD, Pin sharp steering and feel, One of the best handling cars of all time etc. etc.

machan...i saw one for sale two years back red MX-5 Mazdaspeed version in kandy...don't know what happen to it? mint car. sounds nice too....original s/bars, racing air filter, i think it's turbo. everythings originally come from japan… .... just look around, don’t know what happen to it..... <_< also remember still guinness world record holder for 8 years in row for fastest best selling sports car… so be proud to have a Mazda MX-5 ;) also 2007 MX-5 comes with hard top convertible ... B)

Edited by dillongt

• 10 years later...