• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sports Steering Wheel

pathola 1

I want to fix a Sports (atleast sporty looking) steering wheel to my Nissan March K11. It's a yr 2000 model with an Air Bag. Can someone recomend a place to remove the airbag without damaging it.

Checked motorcade for a Steering wheel and it comes in the range of 4500 to 10,000. Unfortunately they are a bit reluctant to mess with the air bag.

Any other places that deals with stuff like that ?

Hey Bro,

No offense but why would you want to take off something as important as an Air Bag and replace it with a wheel that will only serve as a cosmetic enhancement??

An Air Bag could could save your life! :P

True airbag's can save live's, but then again its somewhat upto god eh! :D...

I changed mine, iv'e got the original still with me with the airbag system intact...

Pathola contact Lasitha, i think u already have got his no...

duh.. am i wrong anywhere? lolz.. :-)

Zz

this is what he means

From what i heard, the stock steering well has the perfect combo of steering and comfort.. and yeah.. monamonuz correct, air bags saves lives.. stick with the stick you have, wont regret it...

Zz

Wtf?

Totally agree on the comment on safety, but the thing is you really get bored with a machine like a 1000cc Automatic march and feel like making it a bit different from the rest. have done quite a few mods (cosmetic & technical) and this sports wheel just crossed my mind.

Anyways the 5 yr old airbag has no guaranttes of working now :D

The Airbag will definitely work man, but whether you can live without it really depends on how you drive,

what I mean is Airbags are especially effective in high speed full frontal collitions, but if you don't speed that much (and indeed its virtually impossible to properly speed inside colombo thesedays due to all the traffic) you probably can afford to live without it,

Most sports steering wheels don't really bring much to the car except the ability to rapidly steer thanks to the smaller circumference, and a low quality one might actually put you in danger if it fails ha ha.

Its a matter of personal taste man, the airbag isnt that complicated to remove and even reinstall should you decide to go back to stock someday.

The Don

The Airbag will definitely work man, but whether you can live without it really depends on how you drive,

what I mean is Airbags are especially effective in high speed full frontal collitions, but if you don't speed that much (and indeed its virtually impossible to properly speed inside colombo thesedays due to all the traffic) you probably can afford to live without it,

Most sports steering wheels don't really bring much to the car except the ability to rapidly steer thanks to the smaller circumference, and a low quality one might actually put you in danger if it fails ha ha.

Its a matter of personal taste man, the airbag isnt that complicated to remove and even reinstall should you decide to go back to stock someday.

The Don

I guess i'll run with a sports wheel for a while & see. Thanks for the comments.

I guess i'll run with a sports wheel for a while & see. Thanks for the comments.

Werent u on tat aussie march site?

Im nuaim...

And speaking from experience the sports wheels are much much better than the original humangous plasticky steering wheel!

Yours is it with the double airbag, right?

• 11 years later...

Guys any idea how much will a leather momo brand sports steering cost?

Any recommended place to buy one?

Posting on behalf of a friend.

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2017 at 10:58 AM, Twin Turbo said:

If you need a change, just get a fancy steering wheel cover

TT.

Nope - he's keen on a real one :)