• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Do You Think A 2000cc Daewoo Will Have Change In A Sri Lankan Drag Race?

Junkfriend

Well... I own a 2000CC Daewoo Leganza with 131 hp at 5,200 rpm (not at wheels..heh) and looking into taking it to a Drag ... I never been in a real Drag before (except with ma close friends) so I was just wondering how this car would hold against its competitors....

I did some test rides at green path with ma friends here are results...

1-100Km - 7.9 Seconds max (1st shift at 6400RPM/@80Km) (the car is on its basic stage with no modifications)

What do you guy/gals think?

Cheers - Junkfriend...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... I own a 2000CC Daewoo Leganza with 131 hp at 5,200 rpm (not at wheels..heh) and looking into taking it to a Drag ... I never been in a real Drag before (except with ma close friends) so I was just wondering how this car would hold against its competitors....

I did some test rides at green path with ma friends here are results...

1-100Km - 7.9 Seconds max (1st shift at 6400RPM/@80Km) (the car is on its basic stage with no modifications)

Cheers - Junkfriend...

I think ur Figures look good. Best thing is to go out there and give it a try isnt` it..?? Good luck man...

Why worry about what other people think? If you like to drag then best thing to do is go out there and drag..Who cares if you win or lose, it's nice to take part, I'd like to see a Daewoo in there :rolleyes:

Btw this is a bit OT but who maintains Daewoo in Sri Lanka now? or do you go to a private garage? If I remeber correctly, that place where the Damro showroom near MC is now used to be the dealer (Can't remember the name) but that appears to be no more.. Also wonder wat happened to all the blue and silver Daewoo taxis that used to be around, they all disappeard *-)

7.9sec 0 - 100 ?? datz a bloody good figure bro.. i ve got a shitty figure last time i checked.. guess it was cuz I was timing down marine drive..

you wont believe it but if this is true.. this is the most slowest timing ever (in a way) hehe...

15.84 0 - 100 ... lolz.. i did think though that this is really valid as i do not expect much from my car but then when i thought about it.. it seemed only logical that the environment along marine drive such as wind speed etc. would ve contributed to the SO slow speed...

gotta recheck though ;-)

Zz

7.9sec 0 - 100 ?? datz a bloody good figure bro.. i ve got a shitty figure last time i checked.. guess it was cuz I was timing down marine drive..

you wont believe it but if this is true.. this is the most slowest timing ever (in a way) hehe...

15.84 0 - 100 ... lolz.. i did think though that this is really valid as i do not expect much from my car but then when i thought about it.. it seemed only logical that the environment along marine drive such as wind speed etc. would ve contributed to the SO slow speed...

Well Machan I got similar figures on my first run then then I was pretty upset and did some further test runs at Greenpath then came up with those figures. I'm no pro but I guess it all depends how you make the first shift, 6400RPM was the best point for ma woo and I suppose it depends on your ride and the other thing is you just have to forget about everything else and you treat your ride and you as one thing not not2 ...u know what I mean..hehe... btw what do you drive...

Edited by Junkfriend

gotta recheck though ;-)

Zz

the bad figure is mainly due to A/T! the manual version of my car is said to hit 100km/h in 10.8secs where as when i time my A/T return following figures...

1) with one passenger(big one - my bro) - 12secs.

2) with 4 passengers(bro + mrcat + rajitha) - close to 13 secs.

Man i mailed u to call me regarding the drags. We will be having some drags soon will keep u updated. Wats ur Email addy

u must have sent it to my gmail which i dont check daily! anyway gimme a sec and i shall drop u a mail from my office! bdw i tried to call u now and i got "number cannnot be contacted right now" :rolleyes:

U have a very tall first gear man better keep that Woo for home use. Woo parts are becoing rare now so not a wise idea to put it for drags.

Last thing Daewoo want with a Leganza is to take it to a Drag :P I guess it was never designed as a performance care.. But what to do bro... this is the best I got and I already have slow Nissan for home use. By da way what are the disadvantages of having a tall first gear?

Well Machan I got similar figures on my first run then then I was pretty upset and did some further test runs at Greenpath then came up with those figures. I'm no pro but I guess it all depends how you make the first shift, 6400RPM was the best point for ma woo and I suppose it depends on your ride and the other thing is you just have to forget about everything else and you treat your ride and you as one thing not not2 ...u know what I mean..hehe... btw what do you drive...

I ll be definititely retesting cuz lately i have got the engine redone and now catchin up to 100 in a quickie.. the timing though i have not stil done.. hmmm.. i d probably better hit greenpath just like ya in check out the speed den.. plus their aint no shifting in mine ;-) its a freakin auto tranny so you could expect a 1-2 sec lag from similiar versions of my car.. n i do understand your concept bout the car and the driver being one lmao...

@ isuru - just wait and see dude.. the new figurez might drive you outta your bunkers.. hehe... plus i realized that marine drive is no safe place these days for high speeding.. had a scrwed up experience going 120 in a very very windy situation.. the car suddenly swerved to the side but managed to control it..

and the sad partz that my car got a bloody big body.. compartively larger than the corolla.. so added weight deprives acceleration..

btw.. when the bloody hel are you planning to hold the freakin drags eh? al talk n no go lolz ;-)

Zz

Cheers - Junkfriend...

Hey. Are you sure about those figures? I mean thats quite good for a leganza. My optima's got a 2 litre engine, and 137 bhp, but its an auto so i guess performance is cut there to about 9.5 s to 100km/h. I think the leganza's an affordable luxurious car, and im happy to see more korean car owners in the forum :P

Hi junkfriend i got crappy old 92 civic with a 1.5l engine. If your intrested we could do a run?

Sure :P bro may be we could do a quick drag at greenpath when there is no traffic when the red lights are on.

Man i mailed u to call me regarding the drags. We will be having some drags soon will keep u updated. Wats ur Email addy

Nice if you could let me know as well ... look forward for some fun action

I ll be definititely retesting cuz lately i have got the engine redone and now catchin up to 100 in a quickie.. the timing though i have not stil done.. hmmm.. i d probably better hit greenpath just like ya in check out the speed den.. plus their aint no shifting in mine ;-) its a freakin auto tranny so you could expect a 1-2 sec lag from similiar versions of my car.. n i do understand your concept bout the car and the driver being one lmao...

Great Machan make sure to keep us posted about the timing... :alc:

Hey. Are you sure about those figures? I mean thats quite good for a leganza. My optima's got a 2 litre engine, and 137 bhp, but its an auto so i guess performance is cut there to about 9.5 s to 100km/h.

Yep pretty sure about the speeds, I think you could have easily hit the 7 Zone if you had it on manual.. I believe you have the 2002 model right?

Btw this is a bit OT but who maintains Daewoo in Sri Lanka now? or do you go to a private garage? If I remeber correctly, that place where the Damro showroom near MC is now used to be the dealer (Can't remember the name) but that appears to be no more..

There is no official dealer, luckily I know one of the few ppl who imports Daewoo parts to SL so never had any issues with the parts and there is this nice garage owned by a Korean so no problems.

Also wonder wat happened to all the blue and silver Daewoo taxis that used to be around, they all disappeard *-)

... I used to own one of them as well hehe and it was a good car of her age... and the Taxi service don't use them anymore as they are probably outdated... it was called Daewoo Racer ... comfortable ride but extremely poor performance !!!

There is no official dealer, luckily I know one of the few ppl who imports Daewoo parts to SL so never had any issues with the parts and there is this nice garage owned by a Korean so no problems.

... I used to own one of them as well hehe and it was a good car of her age... and the Taxi service don't use them anymore as they are probably outdated... it was called Daewoo Racer ... comfortable ride but extremely poor performance !!!

Haha thanks dude. Yea, I don't think they were good performers, though I remember they used to be extremely noisy, at one time I thought the taxi company had fitted performance exhausts to them or somethin :P No clue where they've all dissapeared to. possibly being used outstation I guess

streetKIA OT but is that the model of optima you have? the one in your signature...looks good

Yep its the same thing. The optima in the pic is a korean 2005 model. The face lifted version we have in sri lanka (the 2004 optima) is called the optima regal in korea. They kept the 2002 optima going on till 2006.

Yep pretty sure about the speeds, I think you could have easily hit the 7 Zone if you had it on manual.. I believe you have the 2002 model right?

Yes i guess that would be possible and yes it is the 2002 model. I guess even with triptronic, the acceleration would still be slower. When trying to have a quick acceleration in an auto i was told you have to put it to 3 or 2 , and then manually shift to D once you have reached 4500rpm. Dont know how affective this is though.

Edited by streetKIA

@ drags with Auto trannies, how do you launch the car ? You push gas and ramp rpm then quickly release brakes, or start with 2nd or S and floor the gas ?

I think first method will have chance to ruin your auto tranny (torque converter or start cluch)

sorry abt hijacking the scope of the thread !!

Edited by Nozozo

@ drags with Auto trannies, how do you launch the car ? You push gas and ramp rpm then quickly release brakes, or start with 2nd or S and floor the gas ?

I think first method will have chance to ruin your auto tranny (torque converter or start cluch)

sorry abt hijacking the scope of the thread !!

Revving while in D with the brakes down will probably bust your auto gearbox faster than anything else