• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

touched 150km/h with city '05-cvt on a clean strech between Ambalangoda and Galle on Galle Rd recently. It was almost going out of control due to cross wind. will never go higher 120km/h with city again.

i have done 140-150 in beach road without any trouble many times! i have no idea about the cross wind at that time as i hardly put my shutters down! anyway the suspension setting of the non-vtec version is softer i guess!

110kmph, Marine Dr; Nissan March

80kmph; Colombo; Mini Minor

Max and I got 110 in a Mini :ninja: Impressive for a small car with me in it :D. Not even streching it. Apparently its easier to go fast with me in it, coz it stabilises the thing and it don't bounce as much :)

Max and I got 110 in a Mini :D Impressive for a small car with me in it :D. Not even streching it. Apparently its easier to go fast with me in it, coz it stabilises the thing and it don't bounce as much :)

:ninja: ; I'm heavier than u by far! :P Anyways @ that time the mini had a freaking problem with the clutch n brake, needed extra effort to be pressed down and since then my unc drives it!

Max and I got 110 in a Mini :D Impressive for a small car with me in it :D. Not even streching it. Apparently its easier to go fast with me in it, coz it stabilises the thing and it don't bounce as much :lol:

i managed to do 100km's in the mini yesterdy in bamba wella stretch , & almost hit a bus from behind . thanks to the new servo car stopped :P

Edited by MRM

i have done 140-150 in beach road without any trouble many times! i have no idea about the cross wind at that time as i hardly put my shutters down! anyway the suspension setting of the non-vtec version is softer i guess!

cross wind tends to drag ur car to a side. considering the body shape I guess cross wind effect on older city would be less than the new one.

cross wind tends to drag ur car to a side. considering the body shape I guess cross wind effect on older city would be less than the new one.

yah true new city z like a boat! and may be i have recorded all my high speeds in M'drive when the cross-wind is low! :lol:

it seriously bloody risky speeding through marine drive.. especially these days so take it easy people.. the winds are VERY rough but lately have toned down a bit but there is a chance of it coming back..

and keep your shutters closed when going at high speed! you will need the extra control with the air being out and you inside...

Zz

it seriously bloody risky speeding through marine drive.. especially these days so take it easy people.. the winds are VERY rough but lately have toned down a bit but there is a chance of it coming back..

and keep your shutters closed when going at high speed! you will need the extra control with the air being out and you inside...

Zz

bt nw u cant speed at marine Drive cus tons of police and army check point and today i stoped may car at 3 check points goin to bamba through marine drive and coming back

bt nw u cant speed at marine Drive cus tons of police and army check point and today i stoped may car at 3 check points goin to bamba through marine drive and coming back

lolz.. for ma luck i have not been stopped for the 3 times i went up and down the drive.. :-) though i did speed alot.. i did know where the checkpoints were to my advantage.. hehe

Zz

lolz.. for ma luck i have not been stopped for the 3 times i went up and down the drive.. :-) though i did speed alot.. i did know where the checkpoints were to my advantage.. hehe

Zz

then therez another kind of ppl who knowingly speed infront of the cops/aramed personnel ...just 4 da heck of it! :D

then therez another kind of ppl who knowingly speed infront of the cops/aramed personnel ...just 4 da heck of it! :D

I did 140kmph+ in the Premio last night in Mr Drive @ 7.50pm to be exact! ;) Of course after passing that 1 lonely army checkpoint close to marrybrown! :P

I had my shutters down too...

180920061301xa0.th.jpg

Zz

But I have seen during racers they tend to keep the shutters down..doesnt that effect their speed????

according to physics.. the turbulance created inside the cabin due to the shutters being open slows down the acceleration a bit.. but when you come to think of it.. most probably the chances of the car going to a side due to crosswinds is at timez slim.. but it is more safer to keep the shutters up as then you will have proper control over the car...i experienced it cuz as i was coming front panadura doing bout 130 odd the open shutters really was annoying and once they were closed.. it was more easier to control..

@ isuru - lolz.. it seems like you would have been happier if dose dudes react once in a way eh? ;-) lmao..

Zz

according to physics.. the turbulance created inside the cabin due to the shutters being open slows down the acceleration a bit.. but when you come to think of it.. most probably the chances of the car going to a side due to crosswinds is at timez slim.. but it is more safer to keep the shutters up as then you will have proper control over the car...i experienced it cuz as i was coming front panadura doing bout 130 odd the open shutters really was annoying and once they were closed.. it was more easier to control..

@ isuru - lolz.. it seems like you would have been happier if dose dudes react once in a way eh? ;-) lmao..

Zz

seriously i dint think they had plans to shoot b4 they told me dat they were few seconds away from opening fire on me :D

seriously i dint think they had plans to shoot b4 they told me dat they were few seconds away from opening fire on me :D

wel you cant say what is really running in a mind of a soldier eh? some ... ahem... RICH kid speeding up n down marine drive is enough to piss dem off and that IS what happened.. the RICH kid got caught in the race though lolz... just put a big ass woofer in ya trunk and game over.. they will just laugh and send you off.. that is my tactic..

Zz

wel you cant say what is really running in a mind of a soldier eh? some ... ahem... RICH kid speeding up n down marine drive is enough to piss dem off and that IS what happened.. the RICH kid got caught in the race though lolz... just put a big ass woofer in ya trunk and game over.. they will just laugh and send you off.. that is my tactic..

Zz

i know only one thing Army soldires dont care speeding cars, modify cars and big woofers bt when they tell u to stop u have to stop otherwise ur gona eat tons of bullets ......

bt u can play with the Police cus they dnt know hw to shoot

But I have seen during racers they tend to keep the shutters down..doesnt that effect their speed????

Nadz I have a very interesting story on 'shutters & speed' will mail morrow.

Cross wind on marine drive???? Never felt it- did 135-140 in a bone stock, no alloy, corrola II hatch, 8pm, two people in the car- no issues!

But yeah you gotta be careful of the checkpint just past marryB

Edited by Pilawoos

Well.. I have so far never jumped a checkpoint at which I am asked to stop.. never wanna try it out either.. lolz.. i usually get caught ALWAYS at the duplication road checkpoint on route to liberty plaza.. somethin with the car they like it seems lolz..

No play with police.. especially those mofo-ing traffic branch officers.. woofah.. they are hell to deal wit..

@ Pila - The cross winds these days are very low.. so no worries.. there was a season i think you would remember where there were heavy.. and i mean heavy blowing.. it was one of those days i chose to cruise down marine drive and man... the wind is so strong that you could feel the strength of it as it tries to turn the steering wheel to the right.. some powerful wind it was...

Zz

Edited by neXGen

well this one time my self and and 2 of my firends ( STi3 and DC5 u know who im talking about lolz) and i got chased by some cops all the from pilla and to green path and all over!!! well i was in my GT and had to keep up with my friends so i reckon i was hitting the 150+ mark... and recently i was driving down to katu for my race and i was touchin 180... unfortunately thats the limit :D

:alc: Wow I can see why Isuru laughed at me when he said my speeds weren't that scary! Some of you speedos are just down right crazy to even touch the speeds mentioned.........I just wish we had secluded spots of highway to once in a way race out our engine blocks wiithout getting into any trouble! It's pretty evident that the guys overseas enjoy this very often (not fair) :alc:

:alc: Wow I can see why Isuru laughed at me when he said my speeds weren't that scary! Some of you speedos are just down right crazy to even touch the speeds mentioned.........I just wish we had secluded spots of highway to once in a way race out our engine blocks wiithout getting into any trouble! It's pretty evident that the guys overseas enjoy this very often (not fair) :alc:

u betta check the older forum thread too! :alc: