• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

Top Speed : 160 Km/H

Machine : Toyota corana (1986)

Mods - None

Damn, it's corona AT150 Series.?

Nice to hear that you're alive to type this.

As i remember it doesn't have crumple zones , airbags, ABS Or atleast seatbelt, and drum brakes for all 4wheels?

Brother , 160KMPH Is very modern speed.

Take my word, i did something similar (long time ago )with my dad's old 1987 Mazda 323 at matara-kataragama road,car was extremely stable at that speed too, but on an emergency brake , the wheels locked up and car jumped away from the road and went about almost half kilometer on a dry flat land near ambalantota.

It was a miracle the car didn't spin, and there were NO trees or obstacles , (was a dried up lake like place).

NO offence,just sharing my experience

• 2 months later...

My fastest was 231 KMPH from my 1.6 Vtec (BABY GODZILLA)

Colombo to Galle Highway

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/41694/modified-honda-city-ga2-1992-pictures

Would u mind explainin how u got the 231kmh reading with a speedometer upto 180kmh :D

http://www.modifiedcars.com/cars/41694/modified-honda-city-ga2-1992-pictures/283778

• Like 2

As i remember it doesn't have crumple zones , airbags, ABS Or atleast seatbelt, and drum brakes for all 4wheels?

Take my word, i did something similar (long time ago )with my dad's old 1987 Mazda 323 at matara-kataragama road,car was extremely stable at that speed too, but on an emergency brake , the wheels locked up and car jumped away from the road and went about almost half kilometer on a dry flat land near ambalantota.

It was a miracle the car didn't spin, and there were NO trees or obstacles , (was a dried up lake like place).

cobra1.jpg

cobra1.jpg

Sorry , didn't have a tape to measure, used "ABOUT" To express that it was a significant distance from road..

I noted on last week , that the place is a grassland now, so you can find your meals there and don't forget to measure how many steps it has from road,(there were lot from same species.)

Then we would be able to calculate the distance, and please let us know what's the gap between your front and back 2 limbs ,which is needed for calculation.

Edited by chan5

Sorry , didn't have a tape to measure, used "ABOUT" To express that it was a significant distance from road..

I noted on last week , that the place is a grassland now, so you can find your meals there and don't forget to measure how many steps it has from road,(there were lot from same species.)

Then we would be able to calculate the distance, and please let us know what's the gap between your front and back 2 limbs ,which is needed for calculation.

89e.gif

Agreeing with Chooti, I suggest that Pigs too can fly!!!

flying-pig.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Dumbass Chan5, I owned a AT150, it had crumpled zones, front discs, seat belts for front AND rear and a kick ass 1500cc engine that can reach the indicated speed of 180Kmph, given enough length and the size of the balls of the driver.

Also for that year models, it had the most comfortable interior with all the bells and whistles that included sun roof. The one I had PS/PM, climate Control AC, alloys, 6 speaker fcty sound system and sports gauge cluster that included battery and oil pressure gauges.

Dont talk cock!

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 3

Top Speed : 165 Km/H

Machine : prado 2012 150

Mods - vvti

Road - on my way back from galle to colombo

What prevented you from going further: highway was bit slippery , with few drops

What? You had a small pre-cum event? For 165Kmph?? Cheeya!

• Like 1

Since somebody has woken this thread up with a load of bollocks, I thought I'd add my "Sri Lankan" experience. I very rarely go over the speed limit when I come home due to the hassle involved in being copped on a short holiday and I hate to bribe the cops.

Top Speed : 125 Km/H

Machine : Mazda station wagon BF3V 1987 (1300cc)

Mods : None

Road - Nawala road

What prevented you from going further: Ran out of road (probably ran out of balls too).

And to Chan 5, cars from 1986 did have crumple zones and did have disc brakes in the front.

Probably went off the road and and fell onto a frozen lake besides the road in ambalantota, to have skidded half a km. :rolleyes:/>

he he . . .

Wanted to express that it was very significant distance from the road, not that dead 500m, adjective was quite superlative i guess,my bad and pardon .

(To be precise i guess it was more than 100m or so.).

Was nothing to snake i guess,

wasn't driving a ferrari458 on bonneville salt flats.:)

The mechine was old 87, standard Bf series familia 323 with NO , airbags , all 4 drums , no ABS, (had no habit of wearing seat belts).but had enough balls those days.

VVTI- friend has AT150,is just a basic car,didn't see any of those bells and whistles.didn't know that there was such high end trim.Thanks for the information,

Chootiputa-think this 's a second time i say you've a condition.feel sorry for you,

he he . . .

Wanted to express that it was very significant distance from the road, not that dead 500m, adjective was quite superlative i guess,my bad and pardon .

wasn't driving a ferrari458 on bonneville salt flats. :)

The mechine was old 87, standard Bf series familia 323 with NO , airbags , all 4 drums , no ABS, (had no habit of wearing seat belts).but had enough balls those days.

VVTI- friend has AT150,is just a basic car,didn't see any of those bells and whistles.didn't know that there was such high end trim.Thanks for the information,

Chootiputa-think this 's a second time i say you've a condition.feel sorry for you,

The only condition i have is being allergic to bullshit.

If you want someone to say "maxa machan" "ela ela" to your 500m story your better off posting it on elakiri.

Edited by Chooti Putha
  • Like 2

he he . . .

wasn't driving a ferrari458 on bonneville salt flats. :)

Sad to read that your balls are gone now

• Like 3

if you dont know about vehicles stfu and wait k? it clear indicate in the engine its VVTI!

You tell 'em machan...

@others...If you're not experts like me and pdeeban don't talk about cars ok....I also installed vvti on my Isuzu and it goes like shit!!!

Edited by The Don
Bad language in the quoted post
  • Like 1