• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

hehe thnx for correcting me bro :)

im still doing my A/Lz and i dnt knw alt abt cars..

im jst hvng fun with diz old car n datz all. :)

firstly, great to know that you took the comment in good nature.

Secondly, just cos you went through puberty and now have legs long enough to stretch your foot all the way to push the pedal to the metal doesnt mean you should. Being a good driver is about NOT doing it just cos you can do it.

And like JD said, you're a brown boy. And if being cool was as easy as using 'z', dont you think everyone would do it :P

• Like 1

Top Speed - 195 kmph

Car - Nissan Sunny N16 2001

Road - E01

What prevented you from going further - Met other vehicles to overtake and didn't want to risk getting dragged into the center seperator.

The car stability and sound of the engine was really good though I never thought this average family car could do so well.

Top Speed - 195 kmph

Car - Nissan Sunny N16 2001

Road - E01

What prevented you from going further - Met other vehicles to overtake and didn't want to risk getting dragged into the center seperator.

The car stability and sound of the engine was really good though I never thought this average family car could do so well.

Your N16 has a speedo that can show 195?

Your N16 has a speedo that can show 195?

brand new ones have speedometer up to 220 but i don't know they can reach that speed and i highly doubt it stability after 140kmph and as you said peri how he say it's exactly 195 humm..... :ninja:

btw @ TM Suren you have any proof to back up what you said.

Edited by nexus

hehe thnx for correcting me bro :)

im still doing my A/Lz and i dnt knw alt abt cars..

im jst hvng fun with diz old car n datz all. :)

Is this the way all your friends talk or just you ? But why would anyone want to fix another RPM meter ? or is that to show something else ?

180kmph

Yamaha TZR 250 3MA

Road - Parliament Road/Galle Road Panadura

What prevented you from going further - It was restricted & I ran out of road

160kmph

Toyota MR2/S

Road - Green Path (Nelum something something)

What prevented you from going further - Ran out of road

140kmph

Nissan March K12

Road - Habarana/Trinco

What prevented you from going further - Stray cattle & stray cops. Plus I didn't want to tax the engine

Forgot to mention, my A/C compressor got burned out.. Replacement cost Rs 20,000/- . A lesson well learned in hard way...

And what does the busted compressor has to do with doing 155?

• Like 2

And what does the busted compressor has to do with doing 155?

My knowledge on motor mechanic is very limited machan.. I'll try to explain what i learnt from the mechanic who checked it.

Air conditioning of the car went off when it was driven at that speed. Then next day i showed it to an A/C mechanic & he told me that compressor razor had failed to keep up with the excessive speed and it has caused the electric coils & some other parts (sorry i cant remember the name) to burn.

He showed me the coil part and it looked like as if it was set on fire. All charred and black.. My car is 10 years old and having 85k on the clock.. So i thought that it is possible for the razor to fail since its 10 years old. Hope this clarifies your query..

Sorry for not being able to provide a full description..

• Like 1

My knowledge on motor mechanic is very limited machan.. I'll try to explain what i learnt from the mechanic who checked it.

Air conditioning of the car went off when it was driven at that speed. Then next day i showed it to an A/C mechanic & he told me that compressor razor had failed to keep up with the excessive speed and it has caused the electric coils & some other parts (sorry i cant remember the name) to burn.

He showed me the coil part and it looked like as if it was set on fire. All charred and black.. My car is 10 years old and having 85k on the clock.. So i thought that it is possible for the razor to fail since its 10 years old. Hope this clarifies your query..

Sorry for not being able to provide a full description..

Ah, fair enough machan. Most probably the razor was waiting to pack up anyway, and a longer run at relatively high RPM`s must have helped to speed up the process.

Top speed:225 Kmph

Car:SAAB 9-5

Road:Milano Torino Super Highway 2010, Italy

and

Top speed:205 Kmph

Car:C180 Compressor Mercedes

Road:Venice Milano super highway 2011

and

Top speed:188 Kmph

Car:3rd Generation 2010 Toyota Prius

Road:srilanka southern highway 2011 december

• 3 weeks later...