• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

Man, them cops crack me up. Last night a bugger came really close to be and asked where I was going. So I leaned really close to him, breathed all over his face and said "Dehiwela". He said "ah, yanna". All that bugger gonna smell on my breath was coffee :alc:

Ok.... first time I took the Primera out for a long distance drive. ;) Was doing 80-100 from Colombo to Galle most of the time. Didn’t go faster than 120 because didn’t want to get copped. :( On the way back at midnight did 160 once. But had no ba**s to do more than that in the night and drizzling. :blink: But all the way @ 100-120. Did a quite impressive 13Km/L. Was on the 6th gear mostly. Not bad right? 4 people including me.

Man, them cops crack me up. Last night a bugger came really close to be and asked where I was going. So I leaned really close to him, breathed all over his face and said "Dehiwela". He said "ah, yanna". All that bugger gonna smell on my breath was coffee ;)

thats funny ... :) i think everybody has bad impression of cops, can't u understand that they really lve us? :P

Ok.... first time I took the Primera out for a long distance drive. ;) Was doing 80-100 from Colombo to Galle most of the time. Didn’t go faster than 120 because didn’t want to get copped. :P On the way back at midnight did 160 once. But had no ba**s to do more than that in the night and drizzling. :) But all the way @ 100-120. Did a quite impressive 13Km/L. Was on the 6th gear mostly. Not bad right? 4 people including me.

Yeah its not bad. But yours is a CVT box so it is expected. Our Auto camino does about 6-7km/p/l in the city and about 10-11km/p/l out.

Ok.... first time I took the Primera out for a long distance drive. ;) Was doing 80-100 from Colombo to Galle most of the time. Didn’t go faster than 120 because didn’t want to get copped. :P On the way back at midnight did 160 once. But had no ba**s to do more than that in the night and drizzling. :) But all the way @ 100-120. Did a quite impressive 13Km/L. Was on the 6th gear mostly. Not bad right? 4 people including me.

lol now i regret not buying the car before you :P would kill for those figures...

u shud try to be a responsible driver like me. :P

i have never pd. a fine all my life. doesn't mean i hv never been caught tho... if u get caught don't argue be very polite and try to make them feel sorry. well that has worked for me a dozen times.

cops caught me more than 20 times, most of times dehiwela william grinding mills color light ( for not stopping for the red light ) always i give them money and go. and they tryied to stop me at attidiya rd abt 6 times most of time speeding but i have never stop just drive to my house as fast as i can

but ones cop tryied to stop me near kalutara for high speeding and cutting the double lies bt i didnt stoped and he followd me and in the end he caught me at traffic near MT police station bt he couldnt issue any ticket for me cus its not his area and he called mt police and went bt fortunatly for me my father know mt oic very well so came home without any tickets :)

Edited by GihanFX

cops caught me more than 20 times, most of times dehiwela william grinding mills color light ( for not stopping for the red light ) always i give them money and go. and they tryied to stop me at attidiya rd abt 6 times most of time speeding but i have never stop just drive to my house as fast as i can

but ones cop tryied to stop me near kalutara for high speeding and cutting the double lies bt i didnt stoped and he followd me and in the end he caught me at traffic near MT police station bt he couldnt issue any ticket for me cus its not his area and he called mt police and went bt fortunatly for me my father know mt oic very well so came home without any tickets :P

MAchan....

it isnt right to be PROUD of BREAKING road rules now is it!!

:P

i'll agree that the speed limit is too low....but is waiting for a traffic light so bad??

n well Bribing n abuse of power isnt the done thing either... :)

running lights is just being reckless bro - u really should be considerate to others as well n try obeying at least SOME of the rules :D

but if u've got a hot ride - burn it up - ;) but breaking all the other rules isnt something to smile about.. :(

MAchan....

it isnt right to be PROUD of BREAKING road rules now is it!!

;)

i'll agree that the speed limit is too low....but is waiting for a traffic light so bad??

n well Bribing n abuse of power isnt the done thing either... :)

running lights is just being reckless bro - u really should be considerate to others as well n try obeying at least SOME of the rules :D

but if u've got a hot ride - burn it up - :lol: but breaking all the other rules isnt something to smile about.. :(

ha ha yeah bt these days if u dont stop for sure they will fire :blink: bt some color lights are silly anyway rules are meant to be broken ami i right :P

Edited by GihanFX

ha ha yeah bt these days if u dont stop for sure they will fire :) bt some color lights are silly anyway rules are meant to be broken ami i right :blink:

you do a Crime - you pay é Fine & do é Time! ;)

&peri was right - i saw with my own eyes those mobile unit Traffic guys have AK47's! :lol:

im 100% sure those trafic cops cant shoot, :lol:

Max Respect For the SL ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE bt not even a bit for the Police

i fully agree bro

3 Forces guys r DEFFA :D:)

but its the police guys who are crooked! they have no respect for most ppl n they have field day harasing me jus cuz of the car :(;)

hmmm AK47 is automatic né - so they'll probably hold the trigger n spay bullets all accross the Rd! :blink:

like i said before,if i'm gonna be breaking the speed limit then i'm gonna be going waaay too fast for them to aim or for me to stop

so lets hope e Z out runs bullets :P

oh pls dont outrun bullets n make em have a dire need of homing missiles!

noted today that the police buggers now are equipped with speed guns right through out bamba n kolly.. so motorists slow down when you see those flimsy dudes pointing some shit at ya.. ya could be shot with a heavy fine yeah..

Zz

Edited by neXGen

180kmh on a 1989 model (i think) NSR250, sunday morning baseline fly-over.... beating the snot out of the trailing CBR :)

cars have been slight over 120...nothing special....So far ;)

Is that the black silver & red 89' NSR?

speaking of bikes - ido realize its slightly OT but

whats the FASTEST bike in Sri Lanka - n what does it top out at?

&exactly how fast does a CBR 250 Accelarate?

I've seen a few Suzuki Hayabusas & a Kawa ZX12R on the streets. I guess they can top out over 180MPH.

A CBR250 would do 0-60 under 8 seconds.

I've seen a few Suzuki Hayabusas & a Kawa ZX12R on the streets. I guess they can top out over 180MPH.

A CBR250 would do 0-60 under 8 seconds.

0-60 in sub 8 sec for a cbr is wrong ! I am no bike person but that aint right. maybe under 4sec or less.

0-60 in sub 8 sec for a cbr is wrong ! I am no bike person but that aint right. maybe under 4sec or less.

hmmm i'm inclined to think that its something less than 8 as well....cuz i once had a CBR rip by me...n i wasnt tottering abt either....

i guess its all in the Power:weight ratio! :o

Like I am very fond of quoting, "Power is nothing without control". Tag line from a Pirelli tire advert :)

spot on :) the bloke on é Bike who left me chasing a few days later - lost grip cornering&buggered the bike,his leg & arm! B)

thats what scares me abt Bikes - yeah they go like stink..but what happens when u loose it - no body pannels to dent né - all SKIN & bones for impact absorbsion! :o

I meant 0-60MPH (not KMPH) :lol:

sorry

Like I am very fond of quoting, "Power is nothing without control". Tag line from a Pirelli tire advert :D

Very True!!! :D