• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

That is a very interesting and useful piece of info to have. Thanks for that.

this law had been proposed but not gazatted because of the inability to verfiy the volume of an exhuast or engine in Decibles!

it is not punishable by law - however they can REQUEST that you change to standard if they say its "too loud"

but they can NOT make u do it if you take THEM to COURTS as NO LAW exsists!

this law had been proposed but not gazatted because of the inability to verfiy the volume of an exhuast or engine in Decibles!

it is not punishable by law - however they can REQUEST that you change to standard if they say its "too loud"

but they can NOT make u do it if you take THEM to COURTS as NO LAW exsists!

The last time a cop queried I told him thats the original factory exhaust from Japan. When he persisted, I politely stuck to that. Then he let me go. Guess he couldn't figure out what the car was ;) No badges

The last time a cop queried I told him thats the original factory exhaust from Japan. When he persisted, I politely stuck to that. Then he let me go. Guess he couldn't figure out what the car was ;) No badges

i also tried that for the 1st 15 minutes but that cop didnt even car abt what make or anythin - as far as he was concerned he either wanted a bribe, which he was not gonna get - or he was trying to be cusuard!

we found out later that he was a university graduate & only 26 yrs old - but as result of lack of opportunity joined city traffic :)

i pity his plight but why pick on ppl who've done no wrong - there r enough n more traffic offenders out there!!

i also tried that for the 1st 15 minutes but that cop didnt even car abt what make or anythin - as far as he was concerned he either wanted a bribe, which he was not gonna get - or he was trying to be cusuard!

we found out later that he was a university graduate & only 26 yrs old - but as result of lack of opportunity joined city traffic :huh:

i pity his plight but why pick on ppl who've done no wrong - there r enough n more traffic offenders out there!!

Ado, I never knew that..... Then you've possibly got his motivation right there innit?? bugger probably thought "Damn!!!!!" when he saw the Z, then saw a guy even younger than him driving it, got hit by the Green Eyed Monster, and decided he'd give you a hard time for the hell of it..... :angry:

Edited by Supra_Natural

The last time a cop queried I told him thats the original factory exhaust from Japan. When he persisted, I politely stuck to that. Then he let me go. Guess he couldn't figure out what the car was :lol: No badges

my bro had 2 fine to clear and i went to traffic cop and asked wat should need to settle first? he looked at the fine sheet, then look at the car. he noticed the silencer 'cause last fine was for high speed :D

guys the funny thing is he said "MA ARA KAGAHAGEN YANA CARR NEDA KIYALA"

i think wat they think is if the car sounds loud means its moving fast ... :D

SOlution : had it checked up - there is NO sound pollusion law for Automobiles in sri lanka! :P

Thats all very nice boys.. but there is a law that says a vehicle cannot be altered from its 'original specification'- thats a law that can be taken in anyway the Cops prefer. Take it from someone who's been copped 3 times for the exhaust. I've been shown the law in black & white.

Of course Cops are ignorent and try and book you for noise- which like Devinda said is not bookable.At the same time if you can get a letter from the Agent's saying that your after market system is factory spec.- then again you are A-OK.

Thats all very nice boys.. but there is a law that says a vehicle cannot be altered from its 'original specification'- thats a law that can be taken in anyway the Cops prefer. Take it from someone who's been copped 3 times for the exhaust. I've been shown the law in black & white.

Of course Cops are ignorent and try and book you for noise- which like Devinda said is not bookable.At the same time if you can get a letter from the Agent's saying that your after market system is factory spec.- then again you are A-OK.

thats right - if u have a modification done ,they have the right to ask u to recind & put back the original

BUT they cant take u into courts on the basis of sound

ALso i was booked intially for having "silencer Hatharak" (4 silencers) !!! :P:blink:

....WTF as i supposed to do with a V6 came out with 3-1 per bank!

so for starters my booking offer was off his rocker - then to sound pollution

all rot - when push comes to shove - the cops cave - BUT its real b*tch to bother n time waster... :)

Talking of traffic cops and speed guns... Sunday morning, cruising in Thurstan Rd, freaking cop bugger flags me down, gun reads "98" .. :D... he showed me attitude and so i didnt bother with the under the book thingy. LOL.. I forgot something, so i turn around and come again thru reid avn.. another f**king cop books me again! this time "65"... i had a f**king laffing fit.. he didnt book me, cos i grinned and told him i was alredy booked 5 mins back! :D

Talking of traffic cops and speed guns... Sunday morning, cruising in Thurstan Rd, freaking cop bugger flags me down, gun reads "98" .. :D... he showed me attitude and so i didnt bother with the under the book thingy. LOL.. I forgot something, so i turn around and come again thru reid avn.. another f**king cop books me again! this time "65"... i had a f**king laffing fit.. he didnt book me, cos i grinned and told him i was alredy booked 5 mins back! :lol:

i see you clearly "learned you lesson" - NOT :D

aiyo so much for that run - we foud it a nice place to test straigh line accleration & mild conering speed/stabilty - from the round abt near the uno of colmbo post office ,all the way through to the flower rd round abt... :(

Gosh these speeds are way above mine and my imagination on SL roads. other than the drag stuff that takes place after hours.

Anyways I've done 130+ on kandy colombo road immediately after it was carpeted. and a simmilar on the kandy - habarana road. Further a 116 on the Negambo road. To prove it all I've asked the cops to hold onto my driving license for safe keeping!.. ha..ha actually they took em and booked me not to mention the lenghty lectures... But fortunately on the Habarana stretch I was lucky. A montero in front of me spead off without stopping so I followed behind him. I saw the cop throw his hands up in the middle of the raod that's it..

I always say my prayers though ..

Anyways I've done 130+ on kandy colombo road immediately after it was carpeted. and a simmilar on the kandy - habarana road. Further a 116 on the Negambo road. To prove it all I've asked the cops to hold onto my driving license for safe keeping!.. ha..ha actually they took em and booked me not to mention the lenghty lectures... But fortunately on the Habarana stretch I was lucky. A montero in front of me spead off without stopping so I followed behind him. I saw the cop throw his hands up in the middle of the raod that's it..

hey mate whts the car u uesd for that speeds? yest day i tried the mini 1275gt @ ekala it was good touched 130kmph easily..but even with the vented disks the brakes r bit low.. :D

hey mate whts the car u uesd for that speeds? yest day i tried the mini 1275gt @ ekala it was good touched 130kmph easily..

Ok.. FYI, easy on the Ekala stretch. They have introduced the speed gun there too!!!

Learned the hard way today. I was just crossing 110. "Mahaththaya igillennada giye?" said the cop :D

These b*sted cops seem to be getting wise on the few road we have to open out.. damn finding even 3rd on 1.5 is so hard these days..

@Lucian and all the boys under 130/140.. you dont know what 'yall are missing. :D

How many times have they got to fine you for speeding in order to get ur license cancelled.

They dont cancel ya licenses.. do they? atleast not with these shitty cards they issued lmao.. ma fears grows with the introduction of those digital chipped cards where every shit ya do is recorded...

once fined n given a dadakola.. then the bastardz catch me for hi speed n gives me another bloody dadakola over that dadakola.. shit.. da bloody agony with these moronz..

note :- the first fine was totally unnecessary n was meant for some quick pocketing stuff.. unfortunately i didnt give in.. cuz i wuz broke.. debated wit da bugger n hell nothin happened.. bloody green lights..

Zz

Zz

They dont cancel ya licenses.. do they? atleast not with these shitty cards they issued lmao.. ma fears grows with the introduction of those digital chipped cards where every shit ya do is recorded...

once fined n given a dadakola.. then the bastardz catch me for hi speed n gives me another bloody dadakola over that dadakola.. shit.. da bloody agony with these moronz..

note :- the first fine was totally unnecessary n was meant for some quick pocketing stuff.. unfortunately i didnt give in.. cuz i wuz broke.. debated wit da bugger n hell nothin happened.. bloody green lights..

Zz

Zz

u shud try to be a responsible driver like me. :alc:

i have never pd. a fine all my life. doesn't mean i hv never been caught tho... if u get caught don't argue be very polite and try to make them feel sorry. well that has worked for me a dozen times.

u shud try to be a responsible driver like me. :D

i have never pd. a fine all my life. doesn't mean i hv never been caught tho... if u get caught don't argue be very polite and try to make them feel sorry. well that has worked for me a dozen times.

it works the pleading techinque

i once got caught fo using the cell phone in traffic n was really polite n apologized to the cop n he just told me to pay a Rs. 100 fine for not having a the correct driving positon or somethin :lol:

outta curiosity - has anyone ever thought of RUNNING FROM THE COPS

i mean think abt it- if they're with a speed gun they dont have wheels n if u know the back roads etc cant u get away??

why bother stopping n getting into trouble??

besides TRaffic Police dont carry guns - so they cant shoot u now can they! :alc:

but the bad news is i saw in the Daily news they'd called tenders for the Police Dept. - on the list was 50 SPEED GUNS & 6500 Breathlizer test kits

it works the pleading techinque

i once got caught fo using the cell phone in traffic n was really polite n apologized to the cop n he just told me to pay a Rs. 100 fine for not having a the correct driving positon or somethin :lol:

i mean think abt it- if they're with a speed gun they dont have wheels n if u know the back roads etc cant u get away??

besides TRaffic Police dont carry guns - so they cant shoot u now can they! :alc:

but the bad news is i saw in the Daily news they'd called tenders for the Police Dept. - on the list was 50 SPEED GUNS & 6500 Breathlizer test kits

well i think since of late the traffic police also had been given guns. (someone can confirm)

running away does work most times, but it only takes one failure to cost u dearly...

believe it or not.. i am VERY responsible when driving.. RED means stop GREEN means go.. ya wont find me jumping over here n dere.. but frankly.. i wanna break the rules n get away too lol.. the more sick cops become the more sick the drivers become too...

@ Devinda - ya seem to be really in touch with the law.. lol.. big time troublemaker? jkz :alc:

well.. once i was "running" from the cops without ma knowledge.. was talking to ma gal over the phone in the kollu junction (slow driving!), said my byes and sped to bamba doing over 120 odd.. all the bloody time the coppers were trying to tail me lmao.. asked them wtf n they said speaking on the fone blah blah... gave me a bloody ticket.. the sad part is that once ya are caught speaking over the phone.. straight away you are put to the courts.. economical point of view.. get the freaking ticket and beg the OIC of that police station for pardon.. it worked for me .. lol..

Zz

@ Devinda - ya seem to be really in touch with the law.. lol.. big time troublemaker? jkz ;)

aiyo no machan...i really obey in the rules when i'm in all the cars

EXCEPT when i'm in the Z :D u just cant drive that car slowly - no matter wut u do,even if u dont mean to u find ur self drifting over 50Km's (here limit is 60kmph or 70 in colombo? :alc: ) (speed limit is achieved in a 1st GEAR itself! :D )

i dont break the rules etc - but u just cant drive a ZX without blwing the speedlimt to pieces! red lining into 4th gear means ur well over 160!! :lol: so how the hell do u even see the cop let alone stop - n besides u'd have blown past him so fast he probably whoulnt even be able to take his gun outta safety,leave aside shoot!

:D

EXCEPT when i'm in the Z :D u just cant drive that car slowly - no matter wut u do,even if u dont mean to u find ur self drifting over 50Km's (here limit is 60kmph or 70 in colombo? :alc: ) (speed limit is achieved in a 1st GEAR itself! :D )

i dont break the rules etc - but u just cant drive a ZX without blwing the speedlimt to pieces! red lining into 4th gear means ur well over 160!! :lol: so how the hell do u even see the cop let alone stop - n besides u'd have blown past him so fast he probably whoulnt even be able to take his gun outta safety,leave aside shoot!

i get wut ya mean dude.. if i feel the same driving ma normal sprinter i could just guess how irritating it would be getting these coppers stopping ya.. lol.. speed limits 50 i hear.. though they give ya a margin of 10 kmph extra.. lmao.. ma hi speed fine was me just doing 62-3..

i dnt agree about the part of not stopping... though the incident i am mentioning now relates to the army checkpoints it might as well be taken in a coppers term too.. isurujosh knws what i am talking bout lmao.. a small brush with potential fatalities i d say!!

Zz

u shud try to be a responsible driver like me. :P

Not too hard to be responsible in urs I guess. I can jump 50-60 without knowing. It only requires a little prod on the pedal...

EXCEPT when i'm in the Z ;) u just cant drive that car slowly - no matter wut u do,even if u dont mean to u find ur self drifting over 50Km's (here limit is 60kmph or 70 in colombo? :lol: ) (speed limit is achieved in a 1st GEAR itself! :D )

i dont break the rules etc - but u just cant drive a ZX without blwing the speedlimt to pieces! red lining into 4th gear means ur well over 160!! :D so how the hell do u even see the cop let alone stop - n besides u'd have blown past him so fast he probably whoulnt even be able to take his gun outta safety,leave aside shoot!

I hear ya man. Speed limit is 50 in Colombo. And I cant redline the 4th. I'm already past 180 and my speed limiter cuts off my fuel :alc: at 7k on the 4th. Must be fun having short ratios ;)

besides TRaffic Police dont carry guns - so they cant shoot u now can they! :D

Wouldn't try it. For one, they can trace ur number plate. For 2, I've seen traffic boys with assualt rifles. I think they are AK-47s.

I hear ya man. Speed limit is 50 in Colombo. And I cant redline the 4th. I'm already past 180 and my speed limiter cuts off my fuel :alc: at 7k on the 4th.

hmmm i better be a tad careful then... :D

but abt the gearing...

i meant i hit 160 shifting OUT of 3rd into 4th - i've never been able to red line shift beyond 3rd - keep running outta Road! :lol:

i bought a Pivot limiter cut + 350kmph speedo - never installed it

if i move the car sometime soon ur welcome to take it off me hands :D