• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

are 911's that quick?? :huh:

ur's is an FQ-320 is it?

Err... Thats a 911 TURBO he's talking about...... and yes, it IS that quick...

Hey sajiv how u doing? good to hear from you. I dont think i have a e mail address for u are u on msn or yahoo?

im ok.... how 'bout you? i'm on both actually,

[email protected] and [email protected]

mail me

try calling this guy if ur looking for a ES1 - its an RS so should be quicker than most... 0718655788

I think Madz is gonna accquaint u with the inner workings of this warning system pretty soon bro :huh:

ur's is an FQ-320 is it?

I don't think so, but while u answer that, do u get FQ series cars in US? I just realised I don't know that :)

Well i Did

85 kmph at MIT Road

vehicle - RM super moped 48cc

155 - townace KR41 petrol

170 - Toyota vios (stock )

alll speeds achieved @ MIT drive malabe

U did 85 in a moped? B) time to extend a challenge. Hey we gotta maduruwa rider in office too, lets see if he'll go for it.

Edited by Pericles

I think Madz is gonna accquaint u with the inner workings of this warning system pretty soon bro :D

:o uh oh :(

machang really sorry if i'm breaking the rules....kinda dont know what the dictum is on phone no's on posts :huh:

n the only reason i posted the info is cuz someone wanted it - belive me , only trying to be helpful

will withhold info in the future n ask ppl to mail me instead if its against posting ettiquet :(

posting my own addy is shape né?

Edited by Devinda_Z

:o uh oh :(

machang really sorry if i'm breaking the rules....kinda dont know what the dictum is on phone no's on posts :huh:

n the only reason i posted the info is cuz someone wanted it - belive me , only trying to be helpful

will withhold info in the future n as ppl to mail me instead if its against posting ettiquet :(

Most of the stuff should be on the "Feed back and suggestions" section. :D

I don't think so, but while u answer that, do u get FQ series cars in US? I just realised I don't know that :D

Nope. That's strictly for the UK. Lucky buggers.

Honestly I think the US get's the worst versions of the Evo.

1. California has only 91 octane fuel, so the cars are turned for that and thus produce less torque and bhp. Stock boost on an Evo 9 is only 1.3 bar.

2. The GSR equivalent doesn't have AYC

3. The RS, GSR, and MR all have the same engine whereas the JDM cars all have different turbocharger compressors and different fuel and MIVEC maps.

4. There's no close-ration gearbox for the RS.

5. The Recaros are redesigned for fat amercans so we swish around like we're in a bath tub :lol:

are 911's that quick?? :(

ur's is an FQ-320 is it?

all Evo's be it the FQ or MR range are restricted to 155mph yes?

devinda the 911 turbo has a top speed of 190mph :D when you have the time download getaway in stockholm errr 5 i think :lol: has a review of the 996 turbo... the SOUND of the car alone is orgasmic!!

devinda the 911 turbo has a top speed of 190mph :D when you have the time download getaway in stockholm errr 5 i think :lol: has a review of the 996 turbo... the SOUND of the car alone is orgasmic!!

negative. FQ400 tops 175mph. and there was no mention of being electronically limited at 155mph

2. 160km/h in a SLK 350. - Only for a split sec. Myself at the wheel B)

3. Evo 6 - 150+

hang on....was it you who wrote the review of the SLK & EVO6 for the MotorMag???

good stuff B)

how was the Evo??? is it true that the owner is selling??

Yep true.. I'm going to get it transferred to my name tomorrow... and guess what.. I'm getting new plates too...

Infact, I have not just 1 but 2 -inline fuel pumps together with the common rail injectors....

Whats this speedy diesel Madmax????

why the sale?

wel you cant say what is really running in a mind of a soldier eh? some ... ahem... RICH kid speeding up n down marine drive is enough to piss dem off and that IS what happened.. the RICH kid got caught in the race though lolz... just put a big ass woofer in ya trunk and game over.. they will just laugh and send you off.. that is my tactic..

Zz

i'm with Gihan- dont play around with any of the forces guys,bar those Coppers on the Push bikes with Torches! :alc:

but i've been given some odd looks& been subject to lotsa questions on account of that ridulous Active Sub! :( it usually starts with "Malli öka gäs tánkiya da?" :D

devinda the 911 turbo has a top speed of 190mph ;) when you have the time download getaway in stockholm errr 5 i think :rolleyes: has a review of the 996 turbo... the SOUND of the car alone is orgasmic!!

aaah i kinda read "charith's" location wrong - saw Greenwitch didnt notice the Conneticut part!

i was hoping we had a FQ-400 owner in our midst.. ;) ~@least that would have kept up with a 911 to a 100mph né :ninja:

well i'm off to find a torrent for "Getaway in Stockholm" then ;)

hey thanx peri - yeah those cars r brisk

would u happen to know the Exact location of this Milroy chaps garage??address??

checked out that Red A4@A*mals - interior looked scuffed n there was something very wrong with the disks- aftermarket alloys sucked

its a shame - wut looked like a decent 1.8T QUATRRO looks like a very tired n worn car :rolleyes:

hang on....was it you who wrote the review of the SLK & EVO6 for the MotorMag???

good stuff ;)

how was the Evo??? is it true that the owner is selling??

Whats this speedy diesel Madmax????

why the sale?

i'm with Gihan- dont play around with any of the forces guys,bar those Coppers on the Push bikes with Torches! :P

but i've been given some odd looks& been subject to lotsa questions on account of that ridulous Active Sub! :o it usually starts with "Malli öka gäs tánkiya da?" :)

aaah i kinda read "charith's" location wrong - saw Greenwitch didnt notice the Conneticut part!

i was hoping we had a FQ-400 owner in our midst.. ;) ~@least that would have kept up with a 911 to a 100mph né :)

well i'm off to find a torrent for "Getaway in Stockholm" then :)

They discontinued the FQ400 after the evo8, The top of the range one for the 9 so far is the FQ360.(other than the Zero fighter,extreme/S/SC versions which might or might not come out by ralliart) And Charith's car profile does say EVO9 RS doesn't it? B) Btw cHARITH are you planning on Racing this RS?

Edited by Overdrive

I can't justify owning a car like this unless I race it. Did about 10 autocross events last year and one track day.

Spot on! Sorry OT but, What was the price difference with the GT? Man you guys are getting a real raw deal with evo's there? no close ratio box , And your car anyway doesn't come with the super AYC right?

i'm with Gihan- dont play around with any of the forces guys,bar those Coppers on the Push bikes with Torches! :(

but i've been given some odd looks& been subject to lotsa questions on account of that ridulous Active Sub! :) it usually starts with "Malli öka gäs tánkiya da?" ;)

The forces guys i could live it.. it is the freakin cops which drive me mad... some of them tries to be rude so as to like make the other feel like paying a small "amount" to "forget" the whole thing.. lmao..

Once i had this police bugger jump back a bit in shock.. the dude asked me to carry ma woofer box out.. i told its too heavy but proved him by playin him some deep baas.. da bugger was relieved... lmao.. n it a huge ass box.. probably big enough to contain enough C4 to bring down n entire building lol...

n ma hate for certain cops also lies in the fact that i was fined jumping the green light.. sniff... bastardz..

Zz

The forces guys i could live it.. it is the freakin cops which drive me mad... some of them tries to be rude so as to like make the other feel like paying a small "amount" to "forget" the whole thing.. lmao..

Once i had this police bugger jump back a bit in shock.. the dude asked me to carry ma woofer box out.. i told its too heavy but proved him by playin him some deep baas.. da bugger was relieved... lmao.. n it a huge ass box.. probably big enough to contain enough C4 to bring down n entire building lol...

n ma hate for certain cops also lies in the fact that i was fined jumping the green light.. sniff... bastardz..

Zz

machan its a sad situ

even innocent crusing within speed limits get one into trouble just car the car looks sporty!

i had 30min argument with a cop for telling me i was "NOT ALLOWED" to have FOUR silencers!!! :)

result - i had my licence taken away! - NO fine - DIRECTLY to COURTS

SOlution : had it checked up - there is NO sound pollusion law for Automobiles in sri lanka! :D Got my licence back the same day - apparenlty on questioning by his superior that cop can confessed that he booked me on FLASE pretences simply cuz i Questioned HIM on the exact details of his FAKE Silencer Law!!

messed up machang...makes it so sickening to drive in town... aaaarrrrggggg :D

Charith whats the computer you are runing on this.

Standard US spec ECU. I'm sure the hardware must be very similar to the Japan spec ECU, but the fuel maps and MIVEC maps are different.

Edited by Charith

machan its a sad situ

even innocent crusing within speed limits get one into trouble just car the car looks sporty!

i had 30min argument with a cop for telling me i was "NOT ALLOWED" to have FOUR silencers!!! :)

result - i had my licence taken away! - NO fine - DIRECTLY to COURTS

SOlution : had it checked up - there is NO sound pollusion law for Automobiles in sri lanka! :D Got my licence back the same day - apparenlty on questioning by his superior that cop can confessed that he booked me on FLASE pretences simply cuz i Questioned HIM on the exact details of his FAKE Silencer Law!!

messed up machang...makes it so sickening to drive in town... aaaarrrrggggg :D

similiar scenario.. got caught jumping the GREEN light after i very well offed ma engine cuz wuz low on fuel when it was in the Red and then when the lights became Green i started n moved forward.. caught me saying jumped a bloody RED light.. moronz.. unfortunately i ve got no evidence n they ve got none either but cops words r taken in court yeah..

they ve recently started hi speed traps along galle road via wella to bamba.. pretty stupid.. got caught doin 63 odd.. n frankly didnt even feel i wuz going fast cuz i would knw.. in the middle o the night too like 1 AM odd.. it would be more appropriate if they caught hi speed during the day time where the casualty rate could b high rather dan annoyin ppl drivin at nite.. though extreme speeds such as 80+ in unacceptable.. 63 odd.. sniff..

n if its one thing dese coppers love.. that is RSPEKT! lolz.. talk in a smooth inferior manner n they ll let ya pass.. start rough talkin n den laws unwritten in any gazette sheet or law book would come in2 place...

Zz

similiar scenario.. got caught jumping the GREEN light after i very well offed ma engine cuz wuz low on fuel when it was in the Red and then when the lights became Green i started n moved forward.. caught me saying jumped a bloody RED light.. moronz.. unfortunately i ve got no evidence n they ve got none either but cops words r taken in court yeah..

they ve recently started hi speed traps along galle road via wella to bamba.. pretty stupid.. got caught doin 63 odd.. n frankly didnt even feel i wuz going fast cuz i would knw.. in the middle o the night too like 1 AM odd.. it would be more appropriate if they caught hi speed during the day time where the casualty rate could b high rather dan annoyin ppl drivin at nite.. though extreme speeds such as 80+ in unacceptable.. 63 odd.. sniff..

n if its one thing dese coppers love.. that is RSPEKT! lolz.. talk in a smooth inferior manner n they ll let ya pass.. start rough talkin n den laws unwritten in any gazette sheet or law book would come in2 place...

Zz

machan i was really polite to him - his partner refused to write me a ticket cuz he said i hadnt done anything wrong but this other guy was really reaaly arrogant n argumentative! :D

but honestly if i ever get caught for speeding i have NO intention of stopping - cuz if i'm gonna drive fast (not that i do much) , i'm gonna be going waaay too fast to even stop - Besides Traffic police DON'T carry guns - so forget shooting - just take an alternate route n drive inconspicously

but ur right - with the uni flow system they hold out speed guns whilst standing on the island in front of Lanka Ceramics/Noritake on galle rd!!

but if try to stop abrubtly in a free flowing lane your bound to get rear ended né!!

Traffic rules here are over due for an overhaul! the speed limit cant be adhered to with this new uni flow system

just think what kind of block whould be created if 4 vehicles line up covering all the lanes & go @ 50 kmph !!!

RULES NEED CHANGE!!! :)