• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

Supra_Natural,

I cant believe you are a Moderator and posting in such a irresponsible way. If u at least have a clean vision, you'll see that the pic is indeed taken in sri lanka. Here's a pic of da speedometer

http://s14.postimage...1206_085820.jpg

Btw Gummybr may work at landrover but u dont !!! so at least stay away from things that you don't know.

again my friend.. u dont know where people work or what they do. this is an enthusisat forum most of the time... ha ha.. so people tend to know a thing or two more than the average corrolla owner, or in fact a priass owner....

• Like 1

Supra_Natural,

I cant believe you are a Moderator and posting in such a irresponsible way. If u at least have a clean vision, you'll see that the pic is indeed taken in sri lanka. Here's a pic of da speedometer

Btw Gummybr may work at landrover but u dont !!! so at least stay away from things that you don't know.

I'm surprised that you can afford a Land Rover, but don't have a decent digital camera.

I think the guys wanted you to post a pic with the spedometer at the speed which you stipulated. Is your vehicle still on UK plates?

Then he could have simply asked couldn't he? If you read his post it looks childish for a Moderator :) . specially if he's such a big player as everyone says... The pic was taken sometime back before it was registered. Edited by Junkfriend

Then he could have simply asked couldn't he? If you read his post it looks childish for a Moderator :) . specially if he's such a big player as every one says...

Dude I was not defending Supra, I was asking you a question; which you have not answered. Nor have you given the proof asked by forum members (though personally I am not encouraging you to do that as its fairly reckless).

But in Defence of Supra, we do get a lot of posers and to be frank we are all fed up with it. This does mean at times even genuine people get dismissed (ask 4AGE). Don't take it personally, it comes with the territory of posting on a public forum.

Supra_Natural,

Aiyo malli.. chater..

Got millions and millions to buy a Discovery 4, but never thought of spending a few thousand bucks on going for a computer-internet-email class at even a mushrooming IT school to learn to upload a picture with a decent resolution.. aiyo salli...

ahg, this Disco Cobra scenario is too much now.

Top Speed: 160 kmph

Machine: 2012 Honda City

Mods: None

Road: Highway from Chennai to Pondicherry (Superb road for the speed freaks, its totally empty most of the time)

What prevented you from going further :with 5 on board that was enough

Top Speed: 120Kmph

Machine:Maruti Suzuki Ecco

Mods: None

Road: erm, near our house in chennai (Taylors Road)

What Prevented you from going further: Speed bumps:

Hi guys,

Just my input for the forum.

Speed: 195km

Vehicle: Toyota Vios

Prevention from going further: That was the max the car could go

Speed: 120km

Vehicle: W123

Location: Parliment Rd.( The new sri lanaka japan friendship road)

Prevention from going further: Didnt want to push my luck with the car of its age :) but it was very steady i must say.

Just remembered couple of interesting high speed moments I had overseas after seeing racerboy's post.

Victoria Australia

Top Speed - 145-ish km/h

Car - 1978 Volvo 244 DL Auto.

Mods - none

Location - Healsville suburb can't recall the name of the road. All I know is it bypasses the town and goes through a beautiful vineyard. Completely deserted and you can see the other end of it, so you know if there is a vehicle coming well in advance. Worked for a short while in Healsville and everyday after work I took the long way home, sometimes doing two runs :) I discovered it as I worked on the bus that went through the vineyard.

What Prevented you from going further - That felt like close to the max in my old Volvo and I was on a student budget.....

Thailand.

Speed - slightly above140 km/h

Vehicle - My then gf's Thai made Honda City (the first gen sedan)

Location - Highway Returning from Aythaya to Bangkok.

What Prevented you from going further - It honestly felt like I was doing 200km/h. Wind noise, Tyres felt like they were at the end of their grip and I had a feeling that any more and we'll get airborne :D The most interesting thing that happened however was that at that speed I was overtaken from either side (I was in the middle lane) by a BMW E36 and Peugeot 405 Mi 16 in what seemed like a flash. The turbulence was so bad that we felt the Honda squirm and I had to fight the steering to stay in the lane. I was immediately ordered to slow down ;)

What Prevented you from going further - It honestly felt like I was doing 200km/h. Wind noise, Tyres felt like they were at the end of their grip and I had a feeling that any more and we'll get airborne :D The most interesting thing that happened however was that at that speed I was overtaken from either side (I was in the middle lane) by a BMW E36 and Peugeot 405 Mi 16 in what seemed like a flash. The turbulence was so bad that we felt the Honda squirm and I had to fight the steering to stay in the lane. I was immediately ordered to slow down ;)

Sounds quite similar to a J44 at about 80kmph :D

Just remembered couple of interesting high speed moments I had overseas after seeing racerboy's post.

Victoria Australia

Top Speed - 145-ish km/h

Car - 1978 Volvo 244 DL Auto.

Mods - none

Location - Healsville suburb can't recall the name of the road. All I know is it bypasses the town and goes through a beautiful vineyard. Completely deserted and you can see the other end of it, so you know if there is a vehicle coming well in advance. Worked for a short while in Healsville and everyday after work I took the long way home, sometimes doing two runs :) I discovered it as I worked on the bus that went through the vineyard.

What Prevented you from going further - That felt like close to the max in my old Volvo and I was on a student budget.....

Healsville is a very nice area..It only takes me about 30 mins to get there from where I live. Yea, the roads are amazing. I normally do the Gembrool-Healsville, Healsville - Marysville and Marysville - Lake mountain runs whenever I have some time off from work. Roads are great and hardly any traffic; if you pick the right time.

http://maps.google.c...=1,2,3&t=m&z=10

Cheers

Edited by GearHead

Healsville is a very nice area..It only takes me about 30 mins to get there from where I live. Yea, the roads are amazing. I normally do the Gembrool-Healsville, Healsville - Marysville and Marysville - Lake mountain runs whenever I have some time off from work. Roads are great and hardly any traffic; if you pick the right time.

http://maps.google.c...=1,2,3&t=m&z=10

Cheers

Actually I was in love with that place. In my short stint there it made me feel like it was a different world altogether. The kind of place that makes you feel everything and go into some surreal world. Gosh I need to go there again.

Top Speed: 90Km/h

Machine: 1992 Ford Festiva BG3

Mods: Nothing

Road: Duplication Road

What prevented you from going further: She can't be pushed further.. :(

Top Speed: 170Km/h

Machine: NZT 260 Mods: Nothing

Road: E1 What prevented you from going further: Road was rather wet. Didn't want to play DIE HARD

:D The most interesting thing that happened however was that at that speed I was overtaken from either side (I was in the middle lane) by a BMW E36 and Peugeot 405 Mi 16 in what seemed like a flash. The turbulence was so bad that we felt the Honda squirm and I had to fight the steering to stay in the lane. I was immediately ordered to slow down ;)

Faced a partially similar situation couple of weeks back on SEW... I was doing around 120 and a Peugeot 406 overtook me in a manner, it felt like i was standing still on the highway.... And it vanished in couple of minutes... Those euros,,

• Like 1

Faced a partially similar situation couple of weeks back on SEW... I was doing around 120 and a Peugeot 406 overtook me in a manner, it felt like i was standing still on the highway.... And it vanished in couple of minutes... Those euros,,

As GTAm alluded to before, its not the power but the ride quality, that allows you to speed without feeling unsafe or uncomfortable.

As GTAm alluded to before, its not the power but the ride quality, that allows you to speed without feeling unsafe or uncomfortable.

Ya Definitely... in my car, when you are going over 100 kmph, it sorta lets you know that you are about to walk on thin ice... and only once i went over the limit by touching 155 kmph and i really felt that the car is doing what it is not meant to do, speeding excessively.. (even though it has max 220 on the gauge) ...

When that 406 went passing me, i think it was doing pretty much over 150.. And main thing i noticed was that the car was moving very smoothly .. in my case feeling of car might take off in any second (and too much wobbling also) made me take my foot off the gas immediately.. :)

Might as well join the club

Top Speed: 190Km/h

Machine: 1994 BMW 520i

Mods: Nothing drastic or performance enhancing

Road: E01

What prevented you from going further: Was just 11kmph away from the factory claimed top speed, and realised I was being a bit stupid and should calm down.

• Like 1

Supra_Natural,

Oh dear... Did I offend you? How unfortunate...

It's just that we have a very strong BS meter over here (or should we call that the Naya Meter?) and your posts kind of set it off... Especially when you try to argue with a man who actually works with LR's for a living and insist that YOU know more than he does... Forgotten that little foot-in-mouth moment already or are you going to say "The previous statement I made is no longer operative" in George W. Bush style?

Edited by Supra_Natural

Dont laugh but I managed to touch 140 in my Ceres... :)

Top Speed: 140Km/h (Sorta :P)

Machine: 1993 Toyota Corolla Ceres

Mods: Zero Mods

Road: E01

What prevented you from going further: Engine Temperature was rising rapidly lol :P

2viky89.jpg

Edited by Octanehead
  • Like 1