• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

Top Speed :- 207km/h

Machine :- 2011 Land Rover Discovery 4

Mods :- noops

Road :- Southern Express Highway

What prevented you from going further :- Highway was too narrow to overtake when you are over 200

Wonder how you managed that when it's top speed is limited to 112 MPH (180 KMPH)

as i remember , it's a japanese regulation, which can be seen in JDM Cars , not in europeaN cars i guess . . . .

Nope Disco4 diesel top speed is 180kmph, he may have caught some wind from behind. Even the 5.0litre has only a top speed of 195kmph.

Not that I'm saying that they cant go faster, but these are the manufacturer figures. The Defenders were limited to 90mph, but they did hit 150kmph easily.

Edited by Gummybr
  • Like 2

Top Speed :- 207km/h

Machine :- 2011 Land Rover Discovery 4

Mods :- noops

Road :- Southern Express Highway

What prevented you from going further :- Highway was too narrow to overtake when you are over 200

Nope Disco4 diesel top speed is 180kmph, he may have caught some wind from behind. Even the 5.0litre has only a top speed of 195kmph.

Not that I'm saying that they cant go faster, but these are the manufacturer figures. The Defenders were limited to 90mph, but they did hit 150kmph easily.

If that is the case, it must be one hell of a tail wind. Possibly from the tail of a huge snake.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

Gummy 90mph is close to 150 kmph, so on a decline with a favorable wind, that is most certainly possible. Also were the Defenders electronically limited or was that just the manufacturer quoted top speed?

Gummy 90mph is close to 150 kmph, so on a decline with a favorable wind, that is most certainly possible. Also were the Defenders electronically limited or was that just the manufacturer quoted top speed?

uhh for the wind to be 'helping' shouldnt it also be blowing in excess of 150kmph in the direction of movement.

uhh for the wind to be 'helping' shouldnt it also be blowing in excess of 150kmph in the direction of movement.

No watchman, its the direction of the wind. If the wind is behind you, you should get a benefit in forward movement. I will admit I am not an expert in wind dynamics. All I can say is I've been able to achieve in excess of manufacturer quoted speeds on motorways with factors in my favor. And I can tell you a strong side wind is quite horrific when you are in a small car on a motorway at speed (you literally have to steer against it to keep the car in a straight line and you do feel it inside).

Yes it is, Disco 2011 has a wind boost button.

once you press it wind energy to kinematic conversion system pop up

and Wizzz.... there you go at 207kmph

8246524530_6af7ee0aa8.jpg

New Update

Top Speed: 240kph

Machine: 2012 Evo X GSR

Mods: No mods

Road: NA

What prevented you from going further : Traffic

Enjoy..

Cheers

IMHO, the thread shoulf have stopped from here... ;))

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 2

Yes it is, Disco 2011 has a wind boost button.

once you press it wind energy to kinematic conversion system pop up

and Wizzz.... there you go at 207kmph

8246524530_6af7ee0aa8.jpg

Yo Gona, 90mph is 144 kmph. To get to 150 you only need 6 extra kmph. The manufacturer stated maximum speed of a vehicle unless electronically limited is not an 100% accurate reflection of the capabilities of a vehicle. For example;

1. You could have modified your engine to deliver better power

2. You could have adjusted your gear ratios (changing gear box)

3. Your vehicle could be affected by gravity (going downhill) where gravity has a positive impact on momentum

4. Your vehicle could be affected by a strong winds where the wind has a positive impact on momentum (it can also have a negative impact)

There could be other reasons but the point stands. I was merely telling overdrive that I'm not surprised that many Defenders achieved 150kmph when their manufacturer quoted top speed is 90mph.

Hopefully "danwath padei oya gon moley"

Yo Gona, 90mph is 144 kmph. To get to 150 you only need 6 extra kmph. The manufacturer stated maximum speed of a vehicle unless electronically limited is not an 100% accurate reflection of the capabilities of a vehicle. For example;

1. You could have modified your engine to deliver better power

2. You could have adjusted your gear ratios (changing gear box)

3. Your vehicle could be affected by gravity (going downhill) where gravity has a positive impact on momentum

4. Your vehicle could be affected by a strong winds where the wind has a positive impact on momentum (it can also have a negative impact)

There could be other reasons but the point stands. I was merely telling overdrive that I'm not surprised that many Defenders achieved 150kmph when their manufacturer quoted top speed is 90mph.

Hopefully "danwath padei oya gon moley"

Excuse me Don, his imaginary speed was 207 km/h not 150 km/h

Its funny most ppl here just read the manuals and make it as a fact. The 245 Hp diesel can do about may be 215-220max and the 255HP with da 2 extra gears may be more but yhh the manual says 180M Edited by Junkfriend
  • Like 1