• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What's The Fastest You Have Gone?

isurujosh

u guys tried driving with engine off??? Thel Hinganna 101!!!

Good tip machan,

Sanjeev and cali why dont you try this, your average fuel consumption will be very high ban.

the best method is to push the car downhill with the engine switched off and run behind it with a calculator machan. its very effective

Good tip machan,

Sanjeev and cali why dont you try this, your average fuel consumption will be very high ban.

the best method is to push the car downhill with the engine switched off and run behind it with a calculator machan. its very effective

Do us all a favour.

Run in front.

Edited by Komisiripala

...Holding each others privates singing "rambari kiyapan umbe nombare"

let me modify it

...Holding each others privates (If Available) singing "rambari kiyapan umbe nombare"

2010-2011-2012 prius idle time also considered as part avg.speed & avg consumption calculations because when you stay in idle if u use ac(air condition electric compressor getting power from the traction battery) when battery level going down petrol engine automatically kicks starts and recharge the battery when u r in idle mean power on (system ready) so .... when the time pass average consumption & average speed both going down

yesterday i checked this thoroughly

nothing to discuss further... believe it or not... it's up to you'll

another thing..,

this is not only with toyota hybrids when i was in europe i used a saab(a swedish car-not hybrid) that car also have a computer that calculates average consumption & speed with idle time

Resolution of the Day: I am going to be nice to people.... no matter how 'interesting' they are.

Dear Sanjeev,

If a car is moving, the instantaneous consumption is calculated in kilometers per litre

If a car is idling, the instantaneous consumption is calculated in litres per hour

THIS should be the correct indication in the trip computer

So far, no one has invented a method of converting 'litres per hour' to 'kilometers per litre'. Perhaps you and Cali can do a research paper on that. I am pretty sure it will be a scientific breakthrough. Cali is pretty good at researching and making unique conclusions. Please note that I am using the word 'unique' in its broadest sense, the same way some people use the word 'special child'.

Average consumption, on the other hand is merely the total distance traveled divided by total fuel consumed. For this calculation, it is irrelevant whether the car was moving, idling, sleeping, eating or fornicating. This is the reason why even when the prius runs on battery and doesn't consume any fuel in theory, it is still considered in the calculation. In fact, the average consumption figure includes the fuel needed to move the car, fuel needed to keep the engine in idle, fuel needed to keep the A/C running, distance traveled while the engine was running and distance traveled using electric traction.

All these figures are merely indicative. There are no calculations that can actually give the exact fuel consumption of any vehicle. Again, you and Cali can join hands, use your math skills and Cali's research skills to come up with a scientific breakthrough...

Crosswind is answering a point that Sanjeev never made.

Crosswind thinks that Sanjeev is saying the trip computer is accurate. Sanjeev never wrote that.

He only wrote about how he has observed how the trip computer does it's calculation.

Therefore Crosswind is incorrect because he's misinterpreted what Sanjeev's wrote.

Edited by Californikan

But all that googling hasn't seem to have shown him how to address the point, which was that the hybrid should shut down the engine when stationary (not idle at a few hundred revs like an ordinary car), thereby there would be no fuel injector pulses during that period, rather like what should happen if the car was running on all electric drive for a while.

This one needed another 24 hours after my post to figure that out being a Prius owner. That one needed even longer to google it up. Ironic, since I figured it out not being a Prius owner and not having any friends who own one either. And without Google too.

And that, Cali, is why the title "Google Expert" is tacked onto you as an insult. Wanna go check who them suddah's you so dearly love to brown nose talk about have to say about you now?

Why don't you try learning to read properly before talking crap? I clearly wrote "all cars" and was clearly referring to "all cars".

The trip computer average speed meter uses idle time and stationary time when the car is at 0 kmph (as long as the transmission is in Drive) in the average speed calculation. This is not just the Prius, but any car with a trip computer does it this way.

Think about it: if a car is travelling in a very heavy traffic jam where traffic is at a standstill much of the time, all that time at 0 kmph has to be factored into the average speed calculation for it to be accurate.

The trip computer fuel economy meter uses wheel rotations and fuel injector pulses to do the fuel economy calculation so being at idle and stationary is also factored into the fuel economy calculation.

And unlike you, many people have lives and have other things to do, and don't spend every minute checking AL.

Only an utter moron like Cali would think that we attack people for using Google. :rolleyes:

Lets see if I can explain this clearly enough that even a retard like you could get it. We don't look down on people who use Google. We look down on YOU, who has no practical knowledge and thinks that Google will substitute. We see you as the kind of clown who forwards email thinking microsoft and aol will track it and donate 5 cents to little suzy, or will give out a bank number so some Nigerian woman can transfer her assets out of the country. :rolleyes:

Clear now?

And BTW Cali, there are Waaaay too many IT experts on this forum for you to be making as dumbass and absolutely retarded comment like that. Stop wasting people's time by lying about shit you don't know and go away.

LOL....that post got your panties in a twist. LOL.

Like a dumb fish, you took the bait.

The trip computer average speed meter uses idle time and stationary time when the car is at 0 kmph (as long as the transmission is in Drive) in the average speed calculation. This is not just the Prius, but any car with a trip computer does it this way.

Think about it: if a car is travelling in a very heavy traffic jam where traffic is at a standstill much of the time, all that time at 0 kmph has to be factored into the average speed calculation for it to be accurate.

The trip computer fuel economy meter uses wheel rotations and fuel injector pulses to do the fuel economy calculation so being at idle and stationary is also factored into the fuel economy calculation.

Hey Crosswind, very sly and cunning of you to try to take on Sanjeev in your post and refer to me off hand in that post, but not make any attempt to directly disprove or challenge my post (above) because you know my information is correct.

So next time Pericles gets confused about the difference between a car and a SUV, I'll be sure to include you in that post.

Edited by Californikan

LOL....that post got your panties in a twist. LOL.

Like a dumb fish, you took the bait.

A post that references my comments and names my user handle explicitly is "bait". :rolleyes:

Nikan lying is nikan lying again. Now stop lying and go waste someone else's time.

Any further OT and lies from you will result in post removal and an official warning.

Ok my turn.. :)

Top Speed: 200kph

Machine: 2012 Evo X GSR

Mods: No mods at the time of the run

Road: NA

What prevented you from going further : Was approaching a residential area

I'll try to get the video uploaded to youtube and post the link here soon.

Edited by GearHead

okay to keep the thread alive

Top Speed :- 125kmph

Machine :- Suzuki Beleno 1.3

Mods :- none

Road :- A1

What prevented you from going further :- not much used to the car and didn't want to push it further

Top Speed : - 120kmph

Machine :- Nissan Pulsar FNN15 (AWD)

Mods :- None

Road :- A9

What prevented you from going further :- nothing,

The significant ones…

Top Speed: 150 kmph

Machine: Mitsubishi Lancer A72V (1979)

Mods : Disks on the front, Cone air filter (if they count as mods)

Road : Colombo - Negombo road

What prevented you from going further: Railway crossing at Kurana

Top Speed: 120 kmph

Machine: Mitsubishi Lancer CS3A (2001)

Mods: None

Road: E01

What prevented you from going further: Constant advice from my mom, asking me to stick to the limit

Top Speed: 110 kmph

Machine: Toyota Corolla KE20 (1970s)

Road: Baseline Road

What prevented you from going further: Traffic light at Cemetery junction

Top Speed: ~60 mph (~100 kmph)

Machine: Renault 12 TS (1970s)

Road: Galle – Kataragama Road

What prevented you from going further: Just didn’t want to

Edit: Sorted in descending order of the speed

Edited by Davy

Top Speed: 170 Km/h

Machine: Toyota Hiace KDH 201, 3000cc, Auto gear

Road: Southern express

very stable vehicle. Can't feel the speed

-------------------------------

Top Speed: 160 Km/h

Machine:Honda Insight Hybrid

The guy in the KDH who was the first to topple it on the expressway might disagree to that :P

• Like 6

Do leave a note in Autolanka when you plan to travel on E01 again. I'll try to change my travel plans. Don't want to be a witness of you achieving the Darwin Award.

• Like 1

Can't believe I have not joined in here for so long. Thought I had. Anyway here goes.

Top Speed :- 240km/h

Machine :- Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 JTS

Mods :- None

Road :- Expressway in it's first few days.

What prevented you from going further :- That was the max. Most of the time it was 200-220 occasionally we hit 240 for a few seconds. :)

Top Speed :- 190km/h

Machine :- Golf GTI

Road :- Parliament

What prevented you from going further :- Left turn arriving fast.

Top Speed :- 200 km/h

Machine :- Merc SL 55 AMG

Road :- Green Path

What prevented you from going further :- The Round-about ;)

And the most memorable one.............................

Top Speed :- 160 km/h

Machine :- Fiat Regata 100S

Road :- Kandy Road Peliyagod towards Kelaniya

What prevented you from going further :- This is the interesting part, it was some time in the early 90's when they used to show the F1 Gran Prix on ETV if I'm not mistaken. There was a drought and regular power cuts. I could watch the first half at Kotahena where we lived and one of my classmates who lived in Waragoda, Kelaniya would get back their power as soon as our went off. Thought I would attempt to get to his place to see the last part. I doubt we would come up with such a far fetched plan today but in those days traffic was relatively thin on a Sunday evening and we were young ;) I was doing a "Schumarcher" and suddenly the railway crossing was in front of me. No time to react I only managed to look at the speedo which showed "100". Bounced over the railway tracks and suddenly realized that was "Miles Per hour"! The so called magic 100 had been hit without knowing it!

• Like 2

I wouldnt do that in a KDH and neither the van is stable

Hayyo, how come a rectangular box get stable in top speeds? Seriously dude 170km/h is pretty much dangerous for a KDH. And I still see people doing over 140+ in KDHs even in rain on E01.

Update from me.

Top Speed :- 150km/h

Machine :- Honda CIvic ES8

Road :- E01

What prevented you from going further :- Woke up late and had to go to the office soon. This speed was enough.

• Like 1